PDA

View Full Version : Trump TV

_______
10-17-2016, 05:53 PM
I thought I'd be the first to start a thread about Trump's post election business venture.

What do you think?

Does this thread eventually exceed the post count in the Donald Trump thread or does the Cable TV business eat another victim?

Oprah. Beck. Donald?

Clocker
10-17-2016, 06:00 PM
I cut the cable a long time ago. I certainly would not go back to paying for it just for the joy of listening to The Donald boast about how terrific he is, and whine about how the crooked, fixed system cheated him out of the presidency.

delayjf
10-17-2016, 06:03 PM
This came up a few months back, but I thought Trump was not interested.

FantasticDan
10-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Hasn't the last year already been Trump TV on all the news stations? :p

Sigh.. too much to hope for that he just goes away.. :(

_______
10-17-2016, 06:17 PM
This came up a few months back, but I thought Trump was not interested.

His campaign CEO runs Breitbart. Ivanka's husband is already soliciting advice from potential investors. And, of course, Donald is doing his part by ginning up the base with farcical narratives about being cheated out of the Presidency.

It wasn't his fault. And you can get the real story at Trump TV.

I'm not saying it will be a success but why wouldn't he spin this out of his contributor's list? His skin in the game will be minimal and bankruptcy isn't a real challenge for someone with his experience.

jk3521
10-17-2016, 08:43 PM
If Oprah couldn't do it, what makes people think that he can ? Another tax write-off maybe ?

hcap
10-18-2016, 12:23 AM
As his numbers crater, I think he is getting more and more interested

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/us/politics/donald-trump-tv-jared-kushner.html

Jared Kushner Talks of a Trump TV Network With a Media Deal Maker

PaceAdvantage
10-18-2016, 12:02 PM
Well, Mark Cuban says the Trump brand "is done." And, well, how could it not be (unless he wins, which it appears he won't). I was thinking the other day that he has basically run his business into the ground with this presidential run...his kids must be real happy about that.... :rolleyes:

Who the hell is going to want to stay in a Trump property after this? What celebrity is going to buy an apartment in Trump tower now? I assume once leases start expiring, you are going to see a mass exodus.

He better have something up his sleeve...doubt a TV network is going to be gangbusters for him...sure there might be interest initially, but I don't see something like that staying around for the long haul...

_______
10-18-2016, 03:29 PM
Well, Mark Cuban says the Trump brand "is done." And, well, how could it not be (unless he wins, which it appears he won't). I was thinking the other day that he has basically run his business into the ground with this presidential run...his kids must be real happy about that.... :rolleyes:

Who the hell is going to want to stay in a Trump property after this? What celebrity is going to buy an apartment in Trump tower now? I assume once leases start expiring, you are going to see a mass exodus.

He better have something up his sleeve...doubt a TV network is going to be gangbusters for him...sure there might be interest initially, but I don't see something like that staying around for the long haul...

I don't have any other explanation for his campaign at this point other than a stab at a media empire. He stopped running for President after the first debate. It's difficult to understand what he is doing from a business standpoint but impossible from a political one.

EasyGoer89
10-18-2016, 03:36 PM

Sometimes 6-1 shots win like they're 1-5, keep the faith.

_______
10-18-2016, 03:48 PM

You shouldn't mistake a 6-1 shot in a multi horse field with all the variables that implies with a 6-1 shot in a head to head wager where the variables are known.

And you shouldn't mistake the final stretch for before the race starts.

EasyGoer89
01-31-2017, 02:33 AM
You shouldn't mistake a 6-1 shot in a multi horse field with all the variables that implies with a 6-1 shot in a head to head wager where the variables are known.

And you shouldn't mistake the final stretch for before the race starts.

schweitz
01-31-2017, 11:19 AM
:lol:

jk3521
01-31-2017, 12:38 PM

I'd better start posting more here, you're catching up to me fast ! By Easter, you'll be ahead of me ! :D

EasyGoer89
01-31-2017, 02:55 PM
I'd better start posting more here, you're catching up to me fast ! By Easter, you'll be ahead of me ! :D

yes post em up, get to work! :D

lamboguy
01-31-2017, 03:21 PM
14.60that price was unreal, the best i did was + $550. but i had bet a lot under 2-1 like an idiot not knowing the action was going to come in on the democrat's.