PDA

View Full Version : RNC Office Firebombed

OntheRail
10-16-2016, 05:51 PM
Hillsborough police are investigating the apparent weekend firebombing of the Orange County Republican headquarters, an incident that one GOP official called an act of “political terrorism.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article108627627.html#storylink=cpy

BELMONT 6-6-09
10-16-2016, 05:54 PM
This administration will blame the republicans for this, how dare that building be there in the first place. LOL

Tom
10-16-2016, 06:19 PM
So now we know where Hillary has been.

BELMONT 6-6-09
10-16-2016, 06:48 PM
So now we know where Hillary has been.

When asked she won't recall.

MutuelClerk
10-16-2016, 07:05 PM
Tom, she'll email you....

letswastemoney
10-16-2016, 08:09 PM
Acts like these will only be common when Hillary Clinton is President.

The left believes Trump supporters and other conservatives are fascists bent on taking the country back to the stone age, so violence for them is actually justified using their logic, because they believe the moral high ground is on their side.

To have a thought that goes against progressivism will be equal to putting up "HITLER WAS GREAT" signs.

The country is doomed.

classhandicapper
10-17-2016, 09:16 AM
It's ironic that Trump is being called a Nazi but it's liberals that are bombing GOP offices. Of course the irony of that is over their heads.

Now I hears Assange and Wikileaks have had their internet access cut off and Russian Times (RT.com - which actually does a lot of good financial reporting) is being cut off in Britain.

So not only does the left act more like Nazis they also act more like Communist totalitarians and restrict the press from doing the job the mainstream won't do.

Tom
10-17-2016, 09:30 AM
Tom, she'll email you....

I got it.
Julian just forwarded it to me.:ThmbUp:

OTM Al
10-17-2016, 10:16 AM
It's ironic that Trump is being called a Nazi but it's liberals that are bombing GOP offices. Of course the irony of that is over their heads.

Now I hears Assange and Wikileaks have had their internet access cut off and Russian Times (RT.com - which actually does a lot of good financial reporting) is being cut off in Britain.

So not only does the left act more like Nazis they also act more like Communist totalitarians and restrict the press from doing the job the mainstream won't do.
Russia Today, now know as RT is funded and run by the Russian government and run by Russian Intelligence. It is a Russian propaganda machine, not the independent news source they claim to be. Can't say as I blame the UK at all on this one. They are quite a bit more sensitive to Russian activities considering how close they are to them. Here's just one article describing what they do

https://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/how-the-truth-is-made-at-russia-today?utm_term=.ovedJz39J#.xkBZLNEBL

and another

http://time.com/rt-putin/

lest you think only the "liberals" are saying this

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/27/russia-propaganda-machine-gains-on-us/

here's one with the great humor of Cracked

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2074-6-ways-youve-probably-read-russian-propaganda-today.html

and this will give you a fuller set of stories than any

http://www.stopfake.org/en/tag/russia-today/

Wikileaks was originally getting info from whistleblowers and was all about encouraging such activity and protecting sources, things I absolutely agree with. Now they seem to be coordinating with foreign governments on stealing data selectively in an agenda based attack. This I don't agree with. If you think it is ok for governments to steal and publish data on you, then I can see why you would think they are a good thing, but barring that, I'm not sure they deserve the accolades they once did. My mind is still not fully made up on this one as I did formerly approve of what they did at first but it does seem the last few years the control over this group has become suspect.

Tom
10-17-2016, 10:25 AM
Russia Today, now know as RT is funded and run by the Russian government and run by Russian Intelligence. It is a Russian propaganda machine, not the independent news source they claim to be.

When do they shut down MSNBC, CNN.......

OTM Al
10-17-2016, 10:30 AM
When do they shut down MSNBC, CNN.......
There is no comparison. You might not like what these networks present but RT is a whole different thing.

woodtoo
10-17-2016, 10:44 AM
RT is a source of real information, thus they don't compare.

Tom
10-17-2016, 11:04 AM
And Don Lemon doesn't work there.:D

horses4courses
10-17-2016, 11:14 AM
It's ironic that Trump is being called a Nazi but it's liberals that are bombing GOP offices.

Typical knee jerk off reaction.

You know for a fact that it was a liberal that did this?
No....of course you don't.

There's as much chance that it was done by a Trump supporter.
His relationship with the GOP isn't exactly rosy, now is it?

Clocker
10-17-2016, 12:02 PM
This administration will blame the republicans for this, how dare that building be there in the first place. LOL

No, it's Trump's fault personally, according to one of the fine journalists at CNN (the Clinton News Network).

According to authorities “Nazi Republicans get out of town or else” was spray-painted on a building close to the attack, but that didn’t stop CNN’s Brian Stelter from concluding Donald Trump’s “over heated the rhetoric” was what caused the attack.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2016/10/16/cnns-stelter-blames-firebombing-nc-republican-office-trumps (http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2016/10/16/cnns-stelter-blames-firebombing-nc-republican-office-trumps)

PaceAdvantage
10-17-2016, 12:08 PM
Brian Stelter must have secret tapes of Trump referring to himself as a Nazi...at the same time he hugs his Jewish Daughter, his Jewish son-in-law, and his Jewish grandchildren.... :rolleyes:

Yup, Trump's the one who's been calling himself a Nazi and is therefore responsible.... :bang:

Tom
10-17-2016, 12:17 PM
According to authorities “Nazi Republicans get out of town or else” was spray-painted on a building close to the attack, but that didn’t stop CNN’s Brian Stelter from concluding Donald Trump’s “over heated the rhetoric” was what caused the attack.

More like the democrat's under-developed brains.
This was an act that is pretty much the approved liberal response to anything.

Catch that one, hcap?:lol:

classhandicapper
10-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Russia Today, now know as RT is funded and run by the Russian government and run by Russian Intelligence. It is a Russian propaganda machine, not the independent news source they claim to be. Can't say as I blame the UK at all on this one. They are quite a bit more sensitive to Russian activities considering how close they are to them. Here's just one article describing what they do

I occasionally read/view RT because they cover global financial news that the mainstream in the US does not cover as well. They often use analysts that are libertarian free market thinkers (Jimmy Rogers has done interviews with them from the Far East where he lives). They analyze central bank monetary policy at home and in Europe and do a very good job. If they are sponsored by the Russians as a propaganda source, that's surprising because they have a better grip on what's actually going on than most US sources. It's also surprising that they stress problems with central bank policy that interferes with free markets and talk about corrupt banking etc...

If Wikilweaks was stealing and releasing government secrets that involved legal government defense and foreign policy strategies etc... I would consider that a serious problem.

When they steal private information that demonstrates corrupt, illegal, or unethical behavior in the US media, US government, FBI, CIA, NSA, DOJ, DOD etc.. I hold my nose and consider them heroic.

They appear to be doing the job the media in the US has stopped doing. I'd prefer they weren't hacking, but I'm glad I have the information. They are proving things I long knew to be true, but could not prove.

This is not a conservative/liberal issue with me. I despise all of them. I'm a libertarian. I want all the scum on both sides exposed.

classhandicapper
10-17-2016, 12:37 PM
Typical knee jerk off reaction.

You know for a fact that it was a liberal that did this?
No....of course you don't.

There's as much chance that it was done by a Trump supporter.
His relationship with the GOP isn't exactly rosy, now is it?

I'm going to guess I'm right about this one given that there were supposedly references to him being a Nazi in graffiti left at the location.

Clocker
10-17-2016, 12:38 PM
Growing signs of intelligent life in North Carolina. :p

They told Obama to take his transgendered locker rooms policy and shove it. And now a group of Democrats started a GoFundMe campaign to raise money to help get the GOP office back up and running. The goal was $10K and they stopped the campaign when they had $13K.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/17/democrats-raise-funds-for-gop-after-north-carolina-headquarters-firebombed.html (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/17/democrats-raise-funds-for-gop-after-north-carolina-headquarters-firebombed.html)

classhandicapper
10-17-2016, 12:41 PM
And now a group of Democrats started a GoFundMe campaign to raise money to help get the GOP office back up and running. The goal was $10K and they stopped the campaign when they had $13K.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/17/democrats-raise-funds-for-gop-after-north-carolina-headquarters-firebombed.html (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/17/democrats-raise-funds-for-gop-after-north-carolina-headquarters-firebombed.html)

I thought that was pretty cool.

OTM Al
10-17-2016, 12:55 PM
I occasionally read/view RT because they cover global financial news that the mainstream in the US does not cover as well. They often use analysts that are libertarian free market thinkers (Jimmy Rogers has done interviews with them from the Far East where he lives). They analyze central bank monetary policy at home and in Europe and do a very good job. If they are sponsored by the Russians as a propaganda source, that's surprising because they have a better grip on what's actually going on than most US sources. It's also surprising that they stress problems with central bank policy that interferes with free markets and talk about corrupt banking etc...

If Wikilweaks was stealing and releasing government secrets that involved legal government defense and foreign policy strategies etc... I would consider that a serious problem.

When they steal private information that demonstrates corrupt, illegal, or unethical behavior in the US media, US government, FBI, CIA, NSA, DOJ, DOD etc.. I hold my nose and consider them heroic.

They appear to be doing the job the media in the US has stopped doing. I'd prefer they weren't hacking, but I'm glad I have the information. They are proving things I long knew to be true, but could not prove.

This is not a conservative/liberal issue with me. I despise all of them. I'm a libertarian. I want all the scum on both sides exposed.

If the actions are heroic, why do you have to hold your nose? Hacking is hacking. It does not replace what legitimate news services do. It is illegal. It is the theft of private information. Whistleblowing is not illegal and is protected. The protections are weak unfortunately, so many who would come forward do not out of fear. If you really are a libertarian, how can you support the theft of anyone's private information, be it a company or and individual or even the government? That is pretty anti-liberty to me. In fact, the illegal act of hacking will taint any prosecution of illegal activities uncovered, so you should also be against it for that reason alone if you wish perpetrators to actually have to pay for their crimes rather than just having the smug satisfaction of saying "I told you so".

classhandicapper
10-17-2016, 02:06 PM
If the actions are heroic, why do you have to hold your nose? Hacking is hacking. It does not replace what legitimate news services do. It is illegal. It is the theft of private information. Whistleblowing is not illegal and is protected. The protections are weak unfortunately, so many who would come forward do not out of fear. If you really are a libertarian, how can you support the theft of anyone's private information, be it a company or and individual or even the government? That is pretty anti-liberty to me. In fact, the illegal act of hacking will taint any prosecution of illegal activities uncovered, so you should also be against it for that reason alone if you wish perpetrators to actually have to pay for their crimes rather than just having the smug satisfaction of saying "I told you so".

1. Hacking is illegal, but there is no proof that Wikileaks did the hacking. Even if the Russians did the hacking and passed the info to Wikileaks (there is no proof of that either), I am sure you aren't naive enough to think the US government isn't hacking Russia, China, and even our allies also.

2. Legitimate news services are biased, often incompetent, and possibly unethical/corrupt. They are not doing their job. That's why so many people on both sides hate them. We would never get that information without Wikileaks.

3. I am glad I have the information and think it's very healthy for the democracy long term to have this all exposed.

Yes, some of it is smug satisfaction. I hope they expose the neocons next!

It isn't black or white. That's why I hold my nose. But I'm coming down on the side of Wikileaks as long as they aren't giving up sensitive US info.

OTM Al
10-17-2016, 02:48 PM
1. Hacking is illegal, but there is no proof that Wikileaks did the hacking. Even if the Russians did the hacking and passed the info to Wikileaks (there is no proof of that either), I am sure you aren't naive enough to think the US government isn't hacking Russia, China, and even our allies also.

2. Legitimate news services are biased, often incompetent, and possibly unethical/corrupt. They are not doing their job. That's why so many people on both sides hate them. We would never get that information without Wikileaks.

3. I am glad I have the information and think it's very healthy for the democracy long term to have this all exposed.

Yes, some of it is smug satisfaction. I hope they expose the neocons next!

It isn't black or white. That's why I hold my nose. But I'm coming down on the side of Wikileaks as long as they aren't giving up sensitive US info.

1. Of course they are. This is the modern battlefield. I think there have been great strides made in these areas over the last few years. The real wars aren't fought with guns anymore. Are you so naive to not ask where are the RNC hacks? You think the DNC is talking about Clinton and her policies, what do you think the RNC is saying about Trump? The hacks are Russian based. They are attacking our election process by interfering with our elections. I'm sure we've done this to other countries, but this is the first time people who are being directly affected seem to think it is ok. I don't.

2. Legitimate news services are doing their jobs. You just can't get legitimate news out quicker than "services" like RT that will print anything that serves their agenda without doing any sort of fact checking. We have become a nation of click-bait. Quit blaming the media. Those that have changed are giving the people exactly what they have asked for. Those that haven't are being degraded by people too stupid to realize what happens to a democratic government when the free press is lost.

3. I would be happy getting the info if it was done in a legitimate way. I think by legitimizing how this information was gotten, we are doing incredible long term harm in that we are saying this behavior is ok because the ends justify the means.

Your final statement is the most ridiculous. You are for transparency and Wikileaks except that which gives up sensitive info. So how do you know that info is legal? The genie is out of the bottle. You don't get to pick and choose if you are going to support the theft of data through hacking.

Libertarians do stand for several things of worth, but I see very little of that in what you say. But we won't blame you because you don't pick a side as you so often remind us. Stay smug.

EasyGoer89
10-17-2016, 03:31 PM
If they are interfering, they are doing so in way which gives the American people more information to make an informed decision. They wouldn't have to worry about the hacks and released e mails if those e mail weren't discussing illegal and or immoral activity.

Tom
10-17-2016, 03:34 PM
The truth is never interference.

"The American people have a right to know if their president is a crook."
------Richard Nixon, who should know!

IF the scumbags had acted as responsible adults, legislators, and leaders, there would nothing in the emails that is so embarrassing.

They chose to act like crooks.
They can rot in Hell now - anyone who can expose them is a HERO.

Hackers are now the fourth branch of government.

OTM Al
10-17-2016, 03:58 PM
If they are interfering, they are doing so in way which gives the American people more information to make an informed decision. They wouldn't have to worry about the hacks and released e mails if those e mail weren't discussing illegal and or immoral activity.
So you are fine then with your information being hacked into? I mean, I'm sure you have nothing to hide so you wouldn't mind if someone goes through your correspondence and publishes it. That sure is a free society!

And what is wrong with discussing illegal or immoral activity? Someone floats an idea, it is discussed and discarded. Is it now illegal to speak about things that are illegal or immoral (whatever that means)?

And how informed is it really? How many emails contained positive things that people are for? Some of these emails that have been released have been altered or have taken pieces completely out of context and attributed the quotes to the writer of the email, not the text itself. More information is not good information all of the time.

Tom
10-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Had she not tried an end around the law, she would have a leg to stand on.
Sucks to be her.

She was our employee when she sent those email, that are our property.

classhandicapper
10-17-2016, 04:19 PM
1. Of course they are. This is the modern battlefield. I think there have been great strides made in these areas over the last few years. The real wars aren't fought with guns anymore. Are you so naive to not ask where are the RNC hacks? You think the DNC is talking about Clinton and her policies, what do you think the RNC is saying about Trump? The hacks are Russian based. They are attacking our election process by interfering with our elections. I'm sure we've done this to other countries, but this is the first time people who are being directly affected seem to think it is ok. I don't.

2. Legitimate news services are doing their jobs. You just can't get legitimate news out quicker than "services" like RT that will print anything that serves their agenda without doing any sort of fact checking. We have become a nation of click-bait. Quit blaming the media. Those that have changed are giving the people exactly what they have asked for. Those that haven't are being degraded by people too stupid to realize what happens to a democratic government when the free press is lost.

3. I would be happy getting the info if it was done in a legitimate way. I think by legitimizing how this information was gotten, we are doing incredible long term harm in that we are saying this behavior is ok because the ends justify the means.

Your final statement is the most ridiculous. You are for transparency and Wikileaks except that which gives up sensitive info. So how do you know that info is legal? The genie is out of the bottle. You don't get to pick and choose if you are going to support the theft of data through hacking.

Libertarians do stand for several things of worth, but I see very little of that in what you say. But we won't blame you because you don't pick a side as you so often remind us. Stay smug.

1. Didn't I just say I hope the hackers expose the neocons next? So I am obviously aware of how unbalanced the information has been.

2. As I often state, the reason Fox, Drudge, talk radio, alt-right news sites etc.. are becoming more and more popular is that the mainstream was/is NOT doing the job of presenting balanced information and facts. The "news" was/is being is colored by political opinion and spin. Opinions belong on the editorial page. Now it's even worse. There are documented relationships between so called "journalists" (or "friendlies" as they are now called) and political parties.

You can't see it because you are a democrat. I can see it because I am libertarian and get just as repulsed by Fox and talk radio as I do by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, the NY Times, Washington Post, etc.. when they are being ridiculously biased or spinning info.

3. No one is saying hacking is OK. They are saying we are better off with this info and we wouldn't have gotten it any other way. There are laws that define treason. When Wikileaks stops being the equivalent of a whistleblower I'll be happy to tell you.

Why don't you just be honest with yourself. You are a liberal that hates the fact that Wikileaks is exposing what the left used to say were the delusions of paranoid right wingers. You hate Fox and Rush, but you like CNN, MSNBC, the NY times etc... So you don't like that they are being damaged.

I think they all suck. That's how we are different. But Breitbart is trivial compared to CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS. NBC, NY Times etc... I'm less annoyed with some alt right site or Huffington Post that doesn't present itself as anything other than alt-right or extreme left.

(also, for the record, most government hackers have a libertarian streak because they dislike large intrusive corrupt governments)

EasyGoer89
10-17-2016, 04:40 PM
So you are fine then with your information being hacked into? I mean, I'm sure you have nothing to hide so you wouldn't mind if someone goes through your correspondence and publishes it. That sure is a free society!

And what is wrong with discussing illegal or immoral activity? Someone floats an idea, it is discussed and discarded. Is it now illegal to speak about things that are illegal or immoral (whatever that means)?

And how informed is it really? How many emails contained positive things that people are for? Some of these emails that have been released have been altered or have taken pieces completely out of context and attributed the quotes to the writer of the email, not the text itself. More information is not good information all of the time.

I agree, hacking is not good and nobody should be doing it or want it done to them, but isn't it possible for the hackee's to address the crimes and bad stuff in the e mails rather than just try and blame Russia or the 'messenger'? Can't we chew gum and walk at the same time? Ok, so its bad that things got hacked and if its the russians, shame on them, but after all that shame is levied on the perps, why not address the content of the e mails? Does blaming the messenger absolve the damaging content of the e mails? Do they get a 'free pass' by suggesting that because the way the info was uncovered is bad too so one bad cancels out the other bad?

Lets discuss the content, unless you don't want to?

classhandicapper
10-17-2016, 07:03 PM
I agree, hacking is not good and nobody should be doing it or want it done to them, but isn't it possible for the hackee's to address the crimes and bad stuff in the e mails rather than just try and blame Russia or the 'messenger'? Can't we chew gum and walk at the same time? Ok, so its bad that things got hacked and if its the russians, shame on them, but after all that shame is levied on the perps, why not address the content of the e mails? Does blaming the messenger absolve the damaging content of the e mails? Do they get a 'free pass' by suggesting that because the way the info was uncovered is bad too so one bad cancels out the other bad?

Lets discuss the content, unless you don't want to?

This is exactly correct.

The story out of the mainstream media and Clinton camp has been "well this is just a Russian hack" as if that absolves them of embarrassing, unethical, subversive, or potentially even illegal activities that are being exposed daily.

The reason the media has been trying to minimize it all is that if they were honest, they would have to admit they've been complicit in a few of these things. They'd also damage Hillary's campaign. They are firmly in the tank for Hillary. They would rather parade out a bunch of women that Trump made passes at many years ago so they can attack him and weaken his support among women.

No one wants anyone to be hacked, but this is damning information about our democracy, our media, and the Clinton campaign. Like I said, I'm glad we have it. We need the same kind of leaks on the neocons and their discussions of how to drag us into more wars.

We can't fix something if every time someone tries they are attacked as being a paranoid nut job and has their career destroyed.

OTM Al
10-17-2016, 09:26 PM
This is exactly correct.

The story out of the mainstream media and Clinton camp has been "well this is just a Russian hack" as if that absolves them of embarrassing, unethical, subversive, or potentially even illegal activities that are being exposed daily.

The reason the media has been trying to minimize it all is that if they were honest, they would have to admit they've been complicit in a few of these things. They'd also damage Hillary's campaign. They are firmly in the tank for Hillary. They would rather parade out a bunch of women that Trump made passes at many years ago so they can attack him and weaken his support among women.

No one wants anyone to be hacked, but this is damning information about our democracy, our media, and the Clinton campaign. Like I said, I'm glad we have it. We need the same kind of leaks on the neocons and their discussions of how to drag us into more wars.

We can't fix something if every time someone tries they are attacked as being a paranoid nut job and has their career destroyed.

The problem with that is that the content in a couple emails that were supposed to be smoking guns have been altered or had the context removed. This makes the lot suspect. And no one is pointing to anything sensitive in all these classified emails. We haven't even been told what level of classification they are. Basic analysis on stuff you can find in newspapers gets classified. As far as national committee go, they have always played favorites, so don't see anything new there. So exactly what is it that is so damning? Worst I can see is Mrs Clinton was a bit sloppy. Meanwhile, the opposition is pulling a move in line with former Spanish dictator Franco threatening to lock up his opposition. I'll take sloppy any day over that, thanks.

ElKabong
10-17-2016, 10:01 PM
Did someone say there was a firebombing at some rnc location? .....

EasyGoer89
10-17-2016, 10:05 PM
The problem with that is that the content in a couple emails that were supposed to be smoking guns have been altered or had the context removed. This makes the lot suspect. And no one is pointing to anything sensitive in all these classified emails. We haven't even been told what level of classification they are. Basic analysis on stuff you can find in newspapers gets classified. As far as national committee go, they have always played favorites, so don't see anything new there. So exactly what is it that is so damning? Worst I can see is Mrs Clinton was a bit sloppy. Meanwhile, the opposition is pulling a move in line with former Spanish dictator Franco threatening to lock up his opposition. I'll take sloppy any day over that, thanks.

Even if specific e mails were altered or had context changed, there's SO many of them that the basic message isn't lost, we know the basic message is that these are bad people who will do anything and stoop to any level. If they were otherwise lilly white and upstanding and one or two e mails were leaked, yeah, we can probably fall back on their integrity, but there's THOUSANDS of e mails and examples of corruption that its hard to explain all of it away with just 'maybe an e mail or two was altered'

Jess Hawsen Arown
10-17-2016, 10:23 PM
Typical Democratic Party hate machine in action.

OTM Al
10-18-2016, 06:09 AM
Even if specific e mails were altered or had context changed, there's SO many of them that the basic message isn't lost, we know the basic message is that these are bad people who will do anything and stoop to any level. If they were otherwise lilly white and upstanding and one or two e mails were leaked, yeah, we can probably fall back on their integrity, but there's THOUSANDS of e mails and examples of corruption that its hard to explain all of it away with just 'maybe an e mail or two was altered'
There were thousands stolen. Most were normal business. How many individual emails have been shown to actually contain something bad? Very few. Out of that very few we have ones known to have been tampered with. This makes the actions of the thieves suspect. Even Assange was smart enough to cancel his October surprise announcement because his ego even figured this out. That should be enough to give pause on this front.

Tom
10-18-2016, 07:28 AM

Not mention it is not sitting well with Putin.
Our relationship with Russia is being put aside for Hillary's personal gain - the story of her miserable, worthless life. Is she wins, we need to form some faction to apologize to the world for her, and to let them we do NOT support her in anything she does. Let them know she is POTUS of Vichy Amerika only, not real America.

JustRalph
10-18-2016, 08:37 AM
There were thousands stolen. Most were normal business. How many individual emails have been shown to actually contain something bad? Very few. Out of that very few we have ones known to have been tampered with. This makes the actions of the thieves suspect. Even Assange was smart enough to cancel his October surprise announcement because his ego even figured this out. That should be enough to give pause on this front.

Al, so what about the 110 classified emails that Comey said were on Hills server? Just wondered if you give her a pass for that?

Tom
10-18-2016, 08:56 AM
Yeah, and only 4 people died in Benghazi.
What the heck, most are still alive.

classhandicapper
10-18-2016, 09:50 AM

I haven't seen proof anything was altered. Besides, right now I am mostly referring to these recent Podesta emails. I've already seen about 10 that were either damning to the Clinton campaign, Hillary herself, the FBI and DOJ, the media, Podesta personally, or all of the above.

We agree that if someone on the republican side were hacked we'd probably see similar stuff between republicans and the conservative media. I'd be shocked if we didn't. I hope we do, especially when it comes to the war mongering neocons who I believe never stop lying.

But this is all very gratifying to me.

Everyone on earth knows Hannity is in the tank for Trump. Everyone knows what Rush is about etc... Everyone knows that Fox stacks many of its commentary shows with right wingers. It's all up front.

The leftist media pretends it is unbiased while doing many of the same things, cutting personal checks to the Clinton campaign, and acting like "friendlies" in their coverage of the news. That's why people are pissed off. The pretense of honest fair journalism from the msm is nonsensical.

Tom
10-18-2016, 10:02 AM
Seriously, at this point who but a total moron would using e-mails for anything other than mindless chit chat?

Clocker
10-18-2016, 10:14 AM
Did someone say there was a firebombing at some rnc location? .....

Try to stay on topic. The title clearly says that this is a thread about...

Oh, never mind. :blush:

OTM Al
10-18-2016, 10:54 AM
Al, so what about the 110 classified emails that Comey said were on Hills server? Just wondered if you give her a pass for that?
No it's sloppy. You don't get a pass. But compared to the actions taken on the other side, and I am not blaming republicans as don't think they are too happy right now either, I'll take some sloppiness from someone I know to be a professional over the outright insanity now being spewed. Further what was the level of classification? I've never seen this listed. Saying something is classified means very little without knowing what level you are talking about. No one has claimed that what she did burned any operations or put anyone in danger. As I said before, things that are culled from freely available newspapers are given classification. So far I see much ado over very little of real substance. As I also said, what do you think we would see if the RNC was hacked? Much worse is my guess given what is clearly going on there.

OTM Al
10-18-2016, 10:56 AM
I haven't seen proof anything was altered. Besides, right now I am mostly referring to these recent Podesta emails. I've already seen about 10 that were either damning to the Clinton campaign, Hillary herself, the FBI and DOJ, the media, Podesta personally, or all of the above.

We agree that if someone on the republican side were hacked we'd probably see similar stuff between republicans and the conservative media. I'd be shocked if we didn't. I hope we do, especially when it comes to the war mongering neocons who I believe never stop lying.

But this is all very gratifying to me.

Everyone on earth knows Hannity is in the tank for Trump. Everyone knows what Rush is about etc... Everyone knows that Fox stacks many of its commentary shows with right wingers. It's all up front.

The leftist media pretends it is unbiased while doing many of the same things, cutting personal checks to the Clinton campaign, and acting like "friendlies" in their coverage of the news. That's why people are pissed off. The pretense of honest fair journalism from the msm is nonsensical.
Oh please. The media has always been left leaning. They know it and it shouldn't be any surprise to us either. The demonization of the media is a very dangerous thing for what is supposed to be a free society. I don't care what they say, its up to me to judge what I want to believe, but trying to shut down one side or another is just plain wrong.

Tom
10-18-2016, 11:13 AM
So national security is just sloppy?
Tell that tot eh sailor who is going to prison for innocently taking a photo that happened to be in a restricted area.

Guess the law is for little people, not "professionals!"

To call Hilary a professional is to insult real professionals everywhere.

OTM Al
10-18-2016, 12:13 PM
So national security is just sloppy?
Tell that tot eh sailor who is going to prison for innocently taking a photo that happened to be in a restricted area.

Guess the law is for little people, not "professionals!"

To call Hilary a professional is to insult real professionals everywhere.
When hasn't it been Tom? Regulations bear differently for those giving the orders than those who are supposed to carry them out. Generals can do things that would get privates canned immediately. You can't tell me this is not true, so why do you act like it is so shocking?

Tom
10-18-2016, 12:15 PM
Jeopardizing national security?
I don't think so.

Ask Petraeus about that.

OTM Al
10-18-2016, 12:55 PM
Jeopardizing national security?
I don't think so.

Ask Petraeus about that.
Again, classified does not mean that it contains matters that would jeopardize national security. It simply limits who the info may be shared with. There has been absolutely no indication that anything in those emails jeopardized national security.

ElKabong
10-18-2016, 01:17 PM
Try to stay on topic. The title clearly says that this is a thread about...

Oh, never mind. :blush:

Nytimes article I just read stated the fbi is on the case.... We're in good hands...

Tom
10-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Again, classified does not mean that it contains matters that would jeopardize national security. It simply limits who the info may be shared with. There has been absolutely no indication that anything in those emails jeopardized national security.

By luck at best.
Is that the professionalism you are looking for?

ElKabong
10-18-2016, 11:14 PM
Local newscast reporting the rockwall county RNC headquarters received a "terroristic threat", undisclosed in nature. Police investigating per the rockwall county gop Facebook page.

Rockwall is thirty minutes east of Dallas.

MutuelClerk
10-18-2016, 11:18 PM
Did this happen on Sunday? Has Tony Romo been accounted for?

ElKabong
10-18-2016, 11:22 PM
Yeah, he's accounted for. ...

When I hear things like this, it's alarming.

JustRalph
10-18-2016, 11:37 PM
Local newscast reporting the rockwall county RNC headquarters received a "terroristic threat", undisclosed in nature. Police investigating per the rockwall county gop Facebook page.

Rockwall is thirty minutes east of Dallas.

Trump is only 4 points ahead in Texas. That makes him a shmuck and if he loses Texas.......a laughingstock.

Rockwall is a very nice area. Dallas has always been a Dem area. Not surprised.

ElKabong
10-18-2016, 11:41 PM
Rockwall county is solidly republican, like most suburbia in north Texas. Probably more red than even Collin county.

Dallas county otoh is solid blue. Inner city + uptown liberals.

That this happened in rockwall is surprising.

ElKabong
10-18-2016, 11:52 PM
Just checked 2012 election map

Rockwall county voted 76% Romney
Collin county voted 65% Romney
Dallas county voted 41% Romney

We've thought of moving to rockwall (physically beautiful with the harbor, hills etc) but we're staying put until retirement.... Then, Tyler bound. Already have a home in the azalea district for retirement. Can't wait (but I have to :eek:

JustRalph
10-19-2016, 12:02 AM
I shopped for a house in Rockwall. Very nice. I was living in Collin Cty at the time. 👍

ElKabong
10-19-2016, 12:17 AM
Damn, you missed the freak show that is voting on presidential election days in Dallas county. People who produce a pocket full of drivers licenses at the polls, people who can barely speak the language in line to vote, people waiting for transportation outside polling places.... Presumably to be taken to yet another polling place in the area.

These aren't republicans btw... You know what and who I'm talking about. Local news covered some of this in 2004

Dallas county east side is bad enough. South Dallas is the Wild West. Anything goes on Election Day

OntheRail
10-19-2016, 12:36 AM

Maybe maybe not... some of those emails presented to Congress were so redacted that they looked liked tar had been poured on them.

Then we have the unknowns in the 35000 she deleted after the Congress sent notice to retrieve. But hey defend away... :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
10-19-2016, 04:12 PM
Damn, you missed the freak show that is voting on presidential election days in Dallas county. People who produce a pocket full of drivers licenses at the polls, people who can barely speak the language in line to vote, people waiting for transportation outside polling places.... Presumably to be taken to yet another polling place in the area.

These aren't republicans btw... You know what and who I'm talking about. Local news covered some of this in 2004

Dallas county east side is bad enough. South Dallas is the Wild West. Anything goes on Election DayMostpost says stuff like this doesn't happen.

Obama said it's pretty impossible to fix an election... :rolleyes: :bang:

Clocker
10-19-2016, 04:25 PM
Mostpost says stuff like this doesn't happen.

Obama said it's pretty impossible to fix an election... :rolleyes: :bang:

What a coincidence, both from Chicago, the election fraud center of the universe. :lol:

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/14/election_fraud_chicago_style_illinois_decades_old_ notoriety_for_election_corruption_is_legendary/

TJDave
10-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Then, Tyler bound. Already have a home in the azalea district for retirement. Can't wait

Best thing is Greenburg smoked turkey. Eaten it every Thanksgiving for 40+ years. Enjoy your retirement.