PDA

View Full Version : G1 Queen Elizabeth II: R9 Keeneland

Lemon Drop Husker
10-15-2016, 09:05 AM
Nice little ol' turf race at Keeneland today for Fillies and Mares 3 and older. Really solid field which it is tough to kick any single horse. Horizontal players are going to struggle with this one as the :1: is definitely not a gimme.

:1: Catch A Glimpse: Very deserving favorite had her 8 race win streak broken last out by a mere neck. The one that beat her :7: is back in against her today. I can try to keep her out of exotics all I want, but that likely means not cashing a ticket. Sure, she can be beat, but keeping her out of exotics plays likely won't include a trip to the window after the race is over.

:2: On Leave: A newbie to these ranks has never ran out of the money in 6 career starts and comes in on a 4 race win streak. Wired a G2 field at Belmont last out while pulling away. This field is much much tougher. She wouldn't be a surprise, but I'm passing.

:3: Stays In Vegas: Always in the mix, this young filly just hasn't quite got it done lately. Just missed last out in the Del Mar Oaks, and comes in off of nearly 2 months rest. Seems short in here, but is appetizing to me for some reason other than just the 12/1 ML tag.

:4: Harmonize: Off of her career best win, this Scat Daddy filly could well be on the rise. Has faced the :1: and :7: a number of times and has fell short every time. An appetizing 8/1 ML is there for her backers. Dangerous.

:5: Hawksmoor: Euro invader has ran well in some solid over the pond races. The always 1st lasix angle is interesting for these types, and one of my favorite jockeys in Corey Lanerie is on board. If she can take to the firm turf, this one is more than playable. A must watch in the post parade and tote board.

:6: Try Your Luck: A back to back winner is taking a big leap up in class and facing the likes she has never faced before. Yes, she blitzed a field by 7+ at Kentucky Downs last out, but I'm not going to read too much into that one. Her back efforts show her short of the :8: in here. I'll let her beat me if she is good enough today.

:7: Time and Motion: Took down the :1: last out and has won 4 of her last 5 races. The progression of this one is as good as it gets in horse racing. If the :1: is a deserving favorite, she is definitely deserving of 2nd choice. In form, and will be tough to beat.

:8: Queen Caroline: Rolls in off of a 4 race win streak. Obviously none of those races are as good as she'll see today, but winners are winners. She has beat the :6: a couple of times, and that one doesn't look outclassed in here. A very very interesting longshot that can be worthwhile in exotics plays.

:9: Mokat: Graded stakes veteran gets Desormeaux back in the irons who was on board in the biggest win of her career 2 back. Would need an absolute career best effort to take this field down today. Can't see it.

SUMMARY: Really good race. Gonna need to be tote board watching and Post Parade gazing to get a final feel. :4: and :5: have me very interested right now.

Secondbest
10-15-2016, 09:42 AM
For what it's worth .The trainer of the Euro is 22%.

MonmouthParkJoe
10-15-2016, 09:52 AM
:1: figures to be tough if she can relax on the lead, but she was able to do that in her last and the :7: still got there. The :2: also really interests me and while it is a step up in class, the progression is nice and her running style allows her to be flexible and press the pace if too slow or sit back and make a run if need be. Figures to be a close race at the wire, just think the :7: might be improving at the right time but there is come speed to the inside. Going to give the :1: another shot, with :7: and :2: underneath. Not exactly ground breaking :D

Lemon Drop Husker
10-15-2016, 05:13 PM
Game time.

Who ya' got?

Wiley
10-15-2016, 05:27 PM
Hawksmor the 5 has been running open fillies, looks great on the track, did not disgrace against Alice Springs who won another open Group one, should stalk midpack and hope has enough to catch the 1 who most likely is loose, speed has not been bad on the turf at Keeneland also. The 7 looks great on the track so will box her in there also. Good luck.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-15-2016, 05:35 PM
Licking my wounds on the W, but :4::5: were huge, and have no problem with the :7:.

Got all the exotics. :cool:

Tom
10-15-2016, 05:40 PM
What a finish!

Wiley
10-15-2016, 06:11 PM
Nice play Husker.

Keyed the 5, with the 7, thought I had it forever, still thought the 5 held for second, no such luck.

Reminds me of Falbrov years ago in the BC turf, keyed him then to, think he finished third by about a nose also.

Three horse blanket finishes are not my thing going back to Gate Dancer in the 84 Classic...

Lemon Drop Husker
10-15-2016, 06:36 PM
Nice play Husker.

Keyed the 5, with the 7, thought I had it forever, still thought the 5 held for second, no such luck.

Reminds me of Falbrov years ago in the BC turf, keyed him then to, think he finished third by about a nose also.

Three horse blanket finishes are not my thing going back to Gate Dancer in the 84 Classic...

Thanks.

It was eerily reminiscent of the 2013 BC Classic.

I have the foreigner :5: Declaration of War/Hawksmoor. I'm also all over the up comer :4: Harmonize/Will Take Charge, but love the :7: Time and Motion/Mucho Macho Man as the proven vet and very likely to win.

We hammered that trifecta till the ticket taker could take no more while fading Game On Dude/Catch A Glimpse

Secondbest
10-15-2016, 06:57 PM
Licking my wounds on the W, but :4::5: were huge, and have no problem with the :7:.

Got all the exotics. :cool:
Nice hit. A head away from a really nice hit. WTG

Wiley
10-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Thanks.

It was eerily reminiscent of the 2013 BC Classic.

I have the foreigner :5: Declaration of War/Hawksmoor. I'm also all over the up comer :4: Harmonize/Will Take Charge, but love the :7: Time and Motion/Mucho Macho Man as the proven vet and very likely to win.

We hammered that trifecta till the ticket taker could take no more while fading Game On Dude/Catch A Glimpse
Damn, funny you would bring that one up too, almost mentioned that one because I played DOW same as in this one, did not have Will Take Charge so that killed me. Wish I would have listened to you on Harmonize...she looked great on track as well.

Thomas Roulston
10-18-2016, 10:17 AM
I loved Hawksmoor. Was first-time Lasix - and you will get a lot of first-time Lasix imports coming here to race once before the Breeders' Cup now that the BC has banned first-time Lasix horses.

SG4
10-18-2016, 09:54 PM
and you will get a lot of first-time Lasix imports coming here to race once before the Breeders' Cup now that the BC has banned first-time Lasix horses.

News to me - what's your source on this? I was pretty sure the BC & lasix issues were a thing of the past