PDA

View Full Version : BEL SAT

SAL
07-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Picks for Belmont Saturday:

R1 #6 Kitty Connection-Can excuse last in mud. Was an easy 2nd two back against runaway odds on winner.

R2 #3 Master Painter-Pace will be hot in here, so the ability to pass horses will be a plus. Race two back was excellent as he got beat by a perfect trip winner. Last one he lost his best shot when he took up. Doubt he will be 8/1 though.

R3 #4 Dare to Mambo-Finally gets a fast track to run on. Got involved in a multi-horse pace duel on the turf last time and ran well considering. Fought on nicely before fading. Nice blowout since then. 7/2 or better for me here.

R4 #1 Stop the Race-Sire decent with FTS. Barn due to warm up with the 2yo’s.

R5 #4 Honorary Man-Returns from another layoff. Trainer/jock combo a good one. Abilitywise I think he matches up well here. Anything near double digit odds gets some of my money.

R6 #6 Gonnabeapartofit-Never in it last time while running wide. It’s likely that Gryder wrapped up on him when he was going nowhere. Should be sitting behind the hot pace today and picking them up late.

R7 #2 Forty Moves-Frankel’s horse may be a runner, but I like this runner just as much. Returns with an eyecatching drill and not much else to beat.

R8 #1 L’oiseau D’argent-Very game runner is set for best effort. I like betting early horses in these type of races, they usually determine the outcome. Migliore tough on front runners.

R9 #8 Tsar Czar-Gets a jock that the barn clicks at 30%+ with. Plenty of pace in here to set up his late run. Has a nice drill on tab. 6/1 for me here.