PDA

View Full Version : Exaggerator Retired

MNslappy
10-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Classic winner and leading sophomore Exaggerator , the only 3-year-old colt with three grade I wins in 2016, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky.

"We could not be more excited to add another classic winner the caliber of Exaggerator to the WinStar stallion roster," said Elliott Walden, WinStar president & CEO about the son of Curlin . "He is a sound horse that passes all physical exams, but as the only 3-year-old to test all the Triple Crown races and summer classics, he's a horse that is asking us for a rest. The fact he remains sound after 15 big-time starts in the last 16 months is a testament to his ability, consistency, fortitude, and class. He is an extreme racehorse—a tough, durable throwback to the old days, like Curlin."

A stud fee will be announced at a later date.

More:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/215736/exaggerator-retired?source=rss

dilanesp
10-10-2016, 07:22 PM
They should over-water the pasture for him. He'll like that.

horses4courses
10-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Too bad.
Nice colt :ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
10-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Cool horse. Very nice animal. Arguably the best 3yo preps thru crown series.

He'll be referenced by horseplayers as a 'mudder', whether accurate or not.

PhantomOnTour
10-10-2016, 09:15 PM
More:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/215736/exaggerator-retired?source=rss
If he's a "tough and durable throwback like Curlin", as the caption states, then why would they retire him at age 3? Curlin ran into his 5yr old season I believe.
Throwback, my ass, he is the gleaming gem of the modern thoroughbred breeding industry...retired at age 3.
I don't see him as an attractive stallion prospect

Zaf
10-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Agree, nice horse but did not do enough to be compared with Curlin.

Z

pele polo
10-10-2016, 10:06 PM
I really wanted to see him on grass, going a mile. I thought he would have fit that perfectly.

outofthebox
10-11-2016, 11:03 AM
Hate it when Elliot Walden says retired sound...Winstar notorious for retiring young stallions. Bodiemiester, Carpe Diem, Daredevil (lol) Gemologist, Outwork, Overanylyze, Revolutionary, Speightster...They are retiring him because he is tired, and Jerry Brown says the Haskell cooked him.

Tom
10-11-2016, 11:24 AM
I'd rather Exaggerator kept running and KENT retired.:rolleyes:

SandyW
10-11-2016, 11:58 AM
A 3 year old tired, what a joke.
This is why tracks are running races with five horse fields or less.
Keep killing the industry.

Tom
10-11-2016, 12:06 PM
"Tired" says a lot about his abilities as a trainer.

Redboard
10-11-2016, 12:41 PM
It’s a positive to go into the breeding shed healthy, which is why they are spinning it like they are. Article says nothing about his bombs in the Travers and PA Derby. I have a sneaky suspicion that they knew the horse wasn’t 100% when they entered him in the PA Derby and only did so to get the $200k bonus.

ronsmac
10-11-2016, 12:46 PM
A 3 year old tired, what a joke.
This is why tracks are running races with five horse fields or less.
Keep killing the industry.A lot of horses seem tired this year.

classhandicapper
10-11-2016, 01:28 PM
I'm willing to buy the "tired" excuse. I started out on the fence about his ability given all the fast paces and wet tracks. I eventually went negative on him. But his initial honest pace races on dry tracks weren't that bad. So it's possible that he both benefited from some lucky setups and wet tracks but also tailed off at the end of the year. I wanted to see more next year.

Robert Fischer
10-11-2016, 03:29 PM
his initial honest pace races on dry tracks weren't that bad.

His San Vicente was very good.

7F against Nyquist(considered to be the elite 3yo at that time)

Exaggerator put up a performance that was huge for this class with personal raw fractions of 22.59 44.67 1:08.65 1:20.94.
Having run wider than the winner, his Trakus MPH was 39.4 vs. Nyquist's 39.3.

The only separation was Nyquist's superior early speed and inside post, meaning that Nyquist could take the initiative.

At least on that day he was right with the head of the class on a fast surface.

Robert Fischer
10-11-2016, 03:49 PM
kKD4QqP6Ruk
Exaggerator vs. Nyquist

His San Vicente was very good.

7F against Nyquist(considered to be the elite 3yo at that time)

Exaggerator put up a performance that was huge for this class with personal raw fractions of 22.59 44.67 1:08.65 1:20.94.
Having run wider than the winner, his Trakus MPH was 39.4 vs. Nyquist's 39.3.

The only separation was Nyquist's superior early speed and inside post, meaning that Nyquist could take the initiative.

At least on that day he was right with the head of the class on a fast surface.

Secondbest
10-11-2016, 04:00 PM
If he's tired why not rest him up and bring him back néxt may? Why retire?
First creator now exaggerator plus all the boys from last year.Who's néxt?

burnsy
10-11-2016, 07:42 PM
If he's a "tough and durable throwback like Curlin", as the caption states, then why would they retire him at age 3? Curlin ran into his 5yr old season I believe.
Throwback, my ass, he is the gleaming gem of the modern thoroughbred breeding industry...retired at age 3.
I don't see him as an attractive stallion prospect

He's tough as nails...a real stalwart......a monster.....but tired at the ripe old age of 3 years old.........Gee, we need more slot money?????

Written by the "Exaggerator" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice call by who ever posted in the other thread we would never see him again. But if I were to say I was surprised....I would be the Exaggerator.

Then someone backs this move on here? How does this help the game of horse racing? That's 80% of the problem people think this crap works for the game. Gee, Tom Brady should of quit 3 years ago and bred a duplicate........the NFL would be thriving on that move...... :lol:

I heard LeBron was retiring too....he's tired..... :bang:

Tom
10-11-2016, 08:31 PM
I did not know they made rubber nails.

PhantomOnTour
10-11-2016, 09:48 PM
On the other hand - maybe Walden and WinStar are correct, and the word "tired" was just a euphemism for, "we've cranked this horse so full of meds since his birth that his dials are fried and he literally can't run anymore"

Seems to be the case for many runners :faint:

Psychotic Parakeet
10-12-2016, 01:16 AM
Hate it when Elliot Walden says retired sound...Winstar notorious for retiring young stallions. Bodiemiester, Carpe Diem, Daredevil (lol) Gemologist, Outwork, Overanylyze, Revolutionary, Speightster...They are retiring him because he is tired, and Jerry Brown says the Haskell cooked him.

Bodemeister actually had [has] a vertebrae problem, which was the major factor to retiring him. I knew his exercise rider, and she said he was a rough and choppy horse to ride.