PDA

View Full Version : Anyone any good at Excel ??

CactusCat
10-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Anyone proficient in Excel in here? I have a fun little project (wagering tool) I'd like to finish up. It's mostly done, just need some one to tweak it a little. And of course, I'll be willing to share the entire thing with anyone who's interested. Just ask and I'll send it your way. Ask and ye shall receive...:)

PICSIX
10-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Raybo is very good :ThmbUp:

CactusCat
10-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Gracious. I'll send him a PM.... If you're interested, here's a video of what I'm trying to finish up. This site and tool are out of business. Glad I could find a video of it.
http://screencast.com/t/Gzyk8qx5

barn32
10-09-2016, 07:04 PM
Gracious. I'll send him a PM.... If you're interested, here's a video of what I'm trying to finish up. This site and tool are out of business. Glad I could find a video of it.
http://screencast.com/t/Gzyk8qx5So, are you trying to duplicate this program?

At first glance it appears to be some sort of progressive wagering system that has you bet more and more money until you finally win.

Betting sports, the only way you'll ever get two to one is to take a big dog on the money line. Imagine if you lost five or six in a row how much you would have to bet on the next game.

If I have some time over the next few days I'll fool around with it, and see what I can come up but just as an exercise in playing around with Excel...not because I think it has any merit.

CactusCat
10-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Indeed, I'm aware that it is chasing losses. However, it's not like a Martingale where you double each time. It's a way to keep wagers low and look to make your coins back slowly. I think this program, combined with some decent handicapping on lower priced horses (mostly chalk I'm sure) would be able to produce. As is the case in just about any method of wagering, it's all a gamble. I'd just like to get this program finalized and then test it with my handicapping. I'm not a crazy guy with a wild idea. I'd just like to test it out. Also, just for the asking, I'll give it to anyone else for them to test as well.

barn32
10-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Indeed, I'm aware that it is chasing losses. However, it's not like a Martingale where you double each time. It's a way to keep wagers low and look to make your coins back slowly. I think this program, combined with some decent handicapping on lower priced horses (mostly chalk I'm sure) would be able to produce. As is the case in just about any method of wagering, it's all a gamble. I'd just like to get this program finalized and then test it with my handicapping. I'm not a crazy guy with a wild idea. I'd just like to test it out. Also, just for the asking, I'll give it to anyone else for them to test as well.I know you're not a fool, but just curious.

I also respect that fact that these are your first posts in nine years.

That in itself deserves a little help.

I don't know if I can figure out what he's doing but I'll mess around with it.

Give me a little time.

NorCalGreg
10-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Indeed, I'm aware that it is chasing losses. However, it's not like a Martingale where you double each time. It's a way to keep wagers low and look to make your coins back slowly. I think this program, combined with some decent handicapping on lower priced horses (mostly chalk I'm sure) would be able to produce. As is the case in just about any method of wagering, it's all a gamble. I'd just like to get this program finalized and then test it with my handicapping. I'm not a crazy guy with a wild idea. I'd just like to test it out. Also, just for the asking, I'll give it to anyone else for them to test as well.

I would have been interested if you had said "I'M A CRAZY GUY WITH A WILD IDEA---WHO WANTS IN?"

CactusCat
10-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Very cool. If you'd like, I can share what I've got done so far. It's a 21kb 2007 Excel spreadsheet and there are some macros if that scares you. It's all legit however. And yes, I haven't posted here in some time. But if it helps you at all, I put in $100 in my Twinspires account over 5 years ago and I've not had to replinish yet. I've been up to several hundred and down to almost busted. Currently still have about $40 left there. My methodology is slow and patient. I have a plan but since I still work haven't had time to implement it. I've tested many ideas and to be frank, just haven't had the time to devote to it. However, in Nov, I'm eligible for Medicare so gonna have some free time to play. Appreciate your input. If you'll PM me your email, I'll send my spreadsheet and let you look at it. I'd recommend you watch that video several times to get the gist of it. :)

CactusCat
10-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Ok, I'm WILD and CRAZY :D:D:D

And BTW, the spreadsheet has quite a few "data" columns. Only several columns have formulas in them.

Dave Schwartz
10-09-2016, 11:38 PM
This is a very simple chase the money strategy.

What do you need help with?

I can simply do the spreadsheet for you if you want. It's like 10 minutes in simple format.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dave Schwartz
10-09-2016, 11:40 PM
I finished it.

Here is a link to the download:
Due Column Target/xls (http://www.practicalhandicapping.com/desktop/package/PublicImages/PA/Due%20Column%20Target.xls)

Just right-click and Save-as.

(I just did what was in the video. You'll need to copy the additional rows you need.)

Not fancy but works.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

CactusCat
10-10-2016, 08:46 AM
Gee Dave. That is absolutely amazingly great! Very elementary but works perfectly. Just have to copy a few cells to make it a little bigger, but it works as expected. I have some plans for it as I do my testing. I'll keep you informed. :ThmbUp:

Dave Schwartz
10-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Glad I could help.

Inner Dirt
10-11-2016, 08:52 AM
Didn't look at it, but my personal opinion chasing loses is not a sound practice.
Back in the day where in California only had WPS, exacta and DD, I lost 21 straight win bets. Stranger yet that streak came at a meet where I hit 38% of win bets overall and made almost $10,000.