PDA

View Full Version : World Record 1:46

outofthebox
10-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Always Be Micki set a world record today at The Red Mile stopping the tele timer in 1:46. He defeated Shambala by 1 1/4 lengths. Shambala shot to the lead from the outside leaving the gates, then surrendered the lead to Miki just before the half. It was all Miki from there. The top 4 finishers all eclipsed 1:47, so you know the track was really souped up. Either way, all props go to Miki today. In the record books!

pandy
10-10-2016, 11:02 AM
It was impressive, and he is an outstanding horse when he's sound. The record may not get as much publicity as it would have at a regular track, since The Red Mile is similar to Pocono, extremely fast clay surface. On my track pars, I have The Red Mile a full second faster than the Meadowlands, and now that Colonial Downs is closed, I have The Red Mile at Lexington as the fastest harness track in North America.

Jess Hawsen Arown
10-11-2016, 06:54 PM
Doesn't anyone question the fact that three of the horses "allegedly" broke the record?

caper
10-13-2016, 03:12 AM
Doesn't anyone question the fact that three of the horses "allegedly" broke the record?

No. They get towed.