PDA

View Full Version : Another giant step in political correctness

Clocker
10-07-2016, 01:18 PM
Just when you thought the moonbats couldn't get any battier.

The Department of Justice's Equal Employment Opportunity Commission says that the desired diversity in police department recruiting is seriously hampered by the used of criminal background checks and by the requirement of US citizenship. Both of these common practices have disparate impacts on minorities.

They spent taxpayer money doing this study. :faint:

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/doj-criminal-background-checks-are-barriers-police-applicant-diversity (http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/doj-criminal-background-checks-are-barriers-police-applicant-diversity)

mostpost
10-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Just when you thought the moonbats couldn't get any battier.

The Department of Justice's Equal Employment Opportunity Commission says that the desired diversity in police department recruiting is seriously hampered by the used of criminal background checks and by the requirement of US citizenship. Both of these common practices have disparate impacts on minorities.

They spent taxpayer money doing this study. :faint:

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/doj-criminal-background-checks-are-barriers-police-applicant-diversity (http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/doj-criminal-background-checks-are-barriers-police-applicant-diversity)
Just reading the introduction to the report tells me your assumptions are wrong. Not only is the report not saying that police departments should stop doing background checks, it specifically states that it is not suggesting that.

What the report is trying to do is to make departments aware of barriers to diversity so those departments can devise strategies to combat those barriers. No one is suggesting hiring a serial killer,

Tom
10-07-2016, 02:31 PM
No one is suggesting hiring a serial killer,

WE elected one POTUS.
Just sayin'

Clocker
10-07-2016, 03:13 PM
Just reading the introduction to the report tells me your assumptions are wrong. Not only is the report not saying that police departments should stop doing background checks, it specifically states that it is not suggesting that.

Your assumptions about my assumptions are wrong, as usual.

Please show me where I said that the report was recommending no background checks.

My point was to show the blundering incompetence of the federal government, spending who knows how much time and money to come to a conclusion that is obvious to anyone with a lick of common sense. Which is to say, anyone not brainwashed by the thought police of the left.

HalvOnHorseracing
10-07-2016, 03:22 PM
Actually, I think police have discriminated against criminals for too long. I mean, if you want to catch criminals, you need to think like criminals, and who thinks like criminals better than criminals. You want to catch illegals, you have to think like illegals, and who thinks like illegals better than illegals. And another thing. What's a better way to keep your eye on criminals than having them working for you? That's not thinking politically correct. That's just outsmarting them.

Clocker
10-07-2016, 03:26 PM
What's a better way to keep your eye on criminals than having them working for you? That's not thinking politically correct. That's just outsmarting them.

That certainly explains a lot of the appointments in this administration, especially at the DOJ.

boxcar
10-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Actually, I think police have discriminated against criminals for too long. I mean, if you want to catch criminals, you need to think like criminals, and who thinks like criminals better than criminals. You want to catch illegals, you have to think like illegals, and who thinks like illegals better than illegals. And another thing. What's a better way to keep your eye on criminals than having them working for you? That's not thinking politically correct. That's just outsmarting them.

Would those criminals that would be working for the police dept. be reformed of their bad anti-social habits or would they still be hard-core?

Clocker
10-07-2016, 05:50 PM
Would those criminals that would be working for the police dept. be reformed of their bad anti-social habits or would they still be hard-core?

Don't ask, don't tell. :cool: