PDA

View Full Version : What's Good For The Goose .......

Mike at A+
07-16-2004, 02:34 PM
from www.drudgereport.com

John Edwards' brother wanted on drunk-driving charge
7/16/2004 8:37 AM
By: Associated Press

(FUQUAY-VARINA) -- The News and Observer of Raleigh reports that the younger brother of Democratic vice presidential nominee John Edwards is wanted in Colorado for failing to appear on a drunken-driving charge from 1994.

State records in Colorado show that Wesley Blake Edwards was supposed to report to court in January 1994. When he didn't, a warrant was issued for his arrest.

The newspaper reports that Wesley Blake Edwards, a union electrician who lives in Fuquay-Varina, was charged with driving under the influence, careless driving and operating a vehicle without insurance.

State Division of Motor Vehicle records show that, after misdemeanor drunken-driving convictions in 1985, 1987 and 1990, his driver license was permanently revoked in 1990. Records show he spent a week in jail on one of the convictions.

Wesley Blake Edwards has been cited for driving without a license at least twice since, most recently in Fuquay-Varina in August. He pleaded guilty and paid a $100 fine.

JustMissed
07-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Never heard of such a small fine for a repeat offender for DRUNK DRIVING. Here in Florida I think they send you to prision for that sort of stuff.

Guess it's just that southern "GOOD OLE BOY" politics at work. The municipal judge is probably Johnny Boy's frat brother and they go to the same church.

Glad he didn't run someone over while he was DRUNK. Some fancy dancy defense lawyer would have sued his butt off.

The lawyer would probably tell the jury he has 'channeled' the victim and they told him how much it hurt when that DRUNK Edwards boy ran them over.

Will have to see how it plays out.

Seems like a lot of these Southern politicians have sorry-ass brothers.

Jimmy Carter had Billy(drunk)

Bill Clinton had Roger(doper)

JM:)

JustRalph
07-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Personally I don't think this reflects on John Edwards at all. Anybody that says it does.......is wrong.

Mike at A+
07-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Personally I don't think this reflects on John Edwards at all. Anybody that says it does.......is wrong.

You do remember the big deal Dems made about Laura Bush's accident about 20 years ago?

JustRalph
07-16-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Mike at A+
You do remember the big deal Dems made about Laura Bush's accident about 20 years ago?

yeah I remember. I also remember how they howled about Bush having a DUI. But that is the difference between us. I still don't think it reflects on J. Edwards at all. Especially things that happen all those years back. This incident is ten years old now. The fact that he hasn't owned up to the warrant reflects bad on him personally, but not on his brother John. We could all find a relative somewhere that has had trouble of one sort or the other. It has nothing to do with our own personal conduct in my opine.

JustMissed
07-16-2004, 03:51 PM
I don't think what Johnny Boy's brother did should reflect on him. Like I said, a lot of politician's have family members that have been an embarrassment to them.

Other than Carter and Clinton, I think Kenndy's brother was accused of driving off the road DRUNK and killing a female passenger and then trying to cover it up. I heard he still drinks alot but don't know if he still drives.

There have probably been other president's that had troubled brothers I'm sure, but I can't think of any off hand.

JM

;)

Mike at A+
07-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
yeah I remember. I also remember how they howled about Bush having a DUI. But that is the difference between us. I still don't think it reflects on J. Edwards at all.

I wasn't implying that it reflects on J. Edwards. I was merely saying that some people with political agendas will dig up anything to score points against the other side. If I remember correctly, some punk up in New Hampshire (I think) broke the Bush traffic incident like 2 weeks before the election. And how Teddy Kennedy can even look at himself in the mirror is amazing to me. The partisanship in this country is taking us all right down the toilet. It's almost like anything that gets voted upon by our legislators goes strictly along party lines. Maybe it's because I'm a registered Republican, but it seems to me that the most vicious (and vile) attacks come from the left whether it be by a politician, a Hollywood type or the head of some "organization". I admit that the Republicans aren't free and clear of this stuff but it seems to totally consume the left in such a way that it becomes more prevalent than the issues themselves.

Tom
07-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Come on guys, John E has enough crap on his plate to suffice. If we dwell on DWI's by his brother, it will only detract fro the REAL freak show running for vice president.