PDA

View Full Version : Alias

tanda
02-05-2002, 04:45 PM
I would like everybody to know that tanda is my alias.

My full name is not tanda. I actually have a first name, middle name and even a last name.

In fact, I also use tanda313 as an alias at other places. I have also used tman. However, none of these are my actual legal names.

My wife uses tanda and tanda313 as her alias. Suffice it to say, she also has a different first, middle and last name. My one year old son may someday use tanda and/or tanda313 as an alias. His full name is not, and will not be, tanda or tanda313. My wife and I decided to give him a first, middle and last name.

Please, do not hate us for these aliases.

PaceAdvantage
02-05-2002, 04:55 PM
One more thing. Alias is also a damn good TV show!!

L8r,

==PA

tjk
02-05-2002, 05:48 PM
One simply question for you Mr. Schwartz, have you ever used an alias on your board or any other board?

how come you won't answer that question???
:p

cj
02-05-2002, 05:52 PM
To quote the famous Dr. Jay Trotter,

Who cares, WHO CARES?!?!?

Can we please move on.

CJ

ranchwest
02-05-2002, 05:53 PM
Are you now or have you ever been a Communist?

Dave Schwartz
02-05-2002, 06:22 PM
TJK,

Well, not that it matters, but, "Yes." I posted at the Yahoo board as DaveSchwReno because Dave Schwartz did not work.

Other than that I have not posted under any other aliases.

Does that answer the question sufficiently?

"The Dave Schwartz"

GameTheory
02-05-2002, 07:09 PM
I have a confession to make.

Some of you may think that I have just joined this board recently, but in fact, I have am the sole author of *every* post ever seen of this board in its entire history, except for this one, which is the work of an imposter.

-- GameTheory

Disclaimer: Because internet communications can be altered electronically, the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.

Lefty
02-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Lefty is an alias. And yes, I'm lefthanded.

Dick Schmidt
02-06-2002, 04:52 AM
I never have understood aliases. What's wrong with using your name? I have posted to dozens of sites and always just sign in as Dick Schmidt. Cuts way down on confusion and nobody wants to use THAT as an alias.

Richard "Dick" Schmidt
1215 Alma St
Glendale, CA 91202
(818)546-8978

rschmidt02@earthlink.net

Nothing to hide, nothing to sell.

Dick

P.S. tjk (or rafael), you got the balls to do the same thing?

MikeDee
02-06-2002, 06:46 AM
Using an alas is like driving your car and road rage, it's so much easier to flip someone the bird if they don't know who you are.

On the old PA board I was MikeDee and when PA changed it I screwed up when I registered and used my email name mrdezo. Then when my ISP screwed up my internet account I had to change my email name, which is a no, no on this board and I had to re-register here, but there is "gotcha" in that I couldn't register under my alias so I went back to my old standard "MikeDee". Which I also use on the HTR board.

Oh and one more confession on the yahoo stock board under the UBET topic I have posted as "justabytstander" as I don't own the stock but am very interested in the companies survival.

Now wasn't this interesting.

P.S. I wanted to be "Lefty" but it was already taken and being a lefty2 or lefty 3, is so tacky.:)

Lefty
02-06-2002, 12:20 PM
Well, I used an alias because this was 1st board I ever posted on and it asked for a nickname and I gave one from my school days. I guess i'm too literal. Other boards I just use Swope.

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2002, 12:30 PM
You can now change your e-mail address to your hearts content. The reason you couldn't before was because there was a bug in the message board software....I've since upgraded....

==PA

Dave Schwartz
02-06-2002, 12:49 PM
Interesting that this thread has caused such a stir. And it seems so simple really:

People that use their real names seem speak differently to one another... More respeectfully. Seems that aliases just naturally lead people to being more... aggressive? Anti-social? Bitter? Unkind? Less forgiving or understanding?

I wonder if some of my own personal detractors and I couldn't find common ground to stand on if we met in the real world. If we haven't experienced some of the same frustrations in life; divorce, death of a loved one, struggles with teenagers, financial woes... maybe we chewed some of the same dirt in southeast asia... maybe we just lost at the races for too long.

... Maybe enough in common to converse face-to-face and, heaven forbid, like each other? Or, at the very least respect each other?

So, I wax philosophical on a Tuesday morning, but, hey, I worked until 3am and just watched "Pay It Forward" on cable. That just naturally brings out the best in people. At least it was meant to.

Good day to all.

Dave Schwartz

ranchwest
02-06-2002, 01:00 PM
With the seriousness with which some of these questions have been asked, I suppose I should point out that my question about being a communist was tongue-in-cheek, poking fun at these ridiculous questions.

After all, why would the alias of one person be any more significant than the alias of another person?

Why do I use an alias? Because there are people out there who make these sorts of inquiries and I'd just as soon maintain at least a little anonymity with them.

Schlagman
02-06-2002, 01:31 PM
Please note that Schlagman is not my real name. I would have preferred to use "Dick Schmidt" as my alias, but that name was taken already.

Robert Vesco

Dave Schwartz
02-06-2002, 02:07 PM
Schlagman,

Now THAT was funny.

Regards,
Jimmy Hoffa

hurrikane
02-06-2002, 03:54 PM
Hurrikane is my real name. Stupid parents! :D

anotherdave
02-06-2002, 05:19 PM
Well, my parents gave me the initial DDT right when it was getting banned all over the world.

Bob Harris
02-06-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
Interesting that this thread has caused such a stir. And it seems so simple really:

People that use their real names seem speak differently to one another... More respeectfully. Seems that aliases just naturally lead people to being more... aggressive? Anti-social? Bitter? Unkind? Less forgiving or understanding?

I wonder if some of my own personal detractors and I couldn't find common ground to stand on if we met in the real world. If we haven't experienced some of the same frustrations in life; divorce, death of a loved one, struggles with teenagers, financial woes... maybe we chewed some of the same dirt in southeast asia... maybe we just lost at the races for too long.

... Maybe enough in common to converse face-to-face and, heaven forbid, like each other? Or, at the very least respect each other?

So, I wax philosophical on a Tuesday morning, but, hey, I worked until 3am and just watched "Pay It Forward" on cable. That just naturally brings out the best in people. At least it was meant to.

Good day to all.

Dave Schwartz

Dave,

I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new but when a player realizes he is losing at this game he is faced with only two choices: A) Admit that there are people who are winning and seek out their help or B) Kid yourself into thinking that you're losing because the game is impossible to beat and anyone who claims they win is a liar.

That's it...everyone reaches that fork at some point and they have to choose a path. It would be nice to think that group "B" has some people in it worth knowing but I've yet to meet any...they are as negative about the rest of their lives as they are about racing.

What you really need is a nap and a good Charles Bronson movie!

Bob

Tom
02-06-2002, 06:23 PM
I am Tom here,
T Brown or Bulldog on HTR (Bulldog was my name on the old BRIS BB and I got turned on to HTR by TomCat, so I used that name so he would know me-I didn't know that T Brown would keep popping up in my posts.
I am Batman!14424 on Yahoo.

I real life, of course, I am Tom Cruise.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

anotherdave
02-06-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I am Tom here,
T Brown or Bulldog on HTR (Bulldog was my name on the old BRIS BB and I got turned on to HTR by TomCat, so I used that name so he would know me-I didn't know that T Brown would keep popping up in my posts.
I am Batman!14424 on Yahoo.

I real life, of course, I am Tom Cruise.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tom, You wouldn't want to use an alias. You'd might lose that massive lead (848 posts) in the top posters competition!

AD

Tom
02-06-2002, 08:09 PM
I wasn't aware there was a competition going on. Must have missed a post. Actaully, I am just wordy.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Tom:cool:

(Actually, I just love playing with these little faces!)

Dick Schmidt
02-06-2002, 08:19 PM
Tom,

You spend way too much time online. No wonder Nichole left you.

Dick

andicap
02-06-2002, 08:47 PM
Actually I've been Andicap for years since my first AOL account when Andy Capp was taken.

I'll 10 points to anyone who knows who Andy Capp was.

20 points if you're under 35.

I used my real name on the old Prodigy board, and I'm still stirring things up on a website for journalists called poynter.org under "media news" There I pissed a ton of people off using my real name.

4thandlong
02-06-2002, 08:57 PM
Andy Capp is (was?) a cartoon character who liked to nap on the couch and bend the elbow.

Miss the 20 point bonus. What can I get for 10pts?

:D

Lefty
02-06-2002, 08:59 PM
Even though Smythe is dead you can still read a vintage Andy Capp cartoon every day at www.comics.com
Peanuts is there too.

anotherdave
02-06-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by andicap
Actually I've been Andicap for years since my first AOL account when Andy Capp was taken.

I'll 10 points to anyone who knows who Andy Capp was.

20 points if you're under 35.

I used my real name on the old Prodigy board, and I'm still stirring things up on a website for journalists called poynter.org under "media news" There I pissed a ton of people off using my real name.

I loved Andy Capp. I have a few of the strips saved somewhere. Two I can still pretty well remember in particular:

1. He says to his wife Flo: "I'm off to the betting shop"

Flo says : "I really don't understand why people gamble"

Andy says "Did you think maybe to make some money? Twit!"

2. First three frames a rather disheveled Andy is flailing around on the couch in different positions looking at his racing form. Flo brings him a beer and as she walks away she smiles and says to herself "The sport of kings!"

Herman (anyone remember him?)used to have some funny comic strips on races too;

1. He's sitting at the loans officer desk at the bank and says to the officer "This won't take long, will it? The first race is in 30 minutes.

2. He's at the rail with his wife. His wife ways, "Don't make such a face, maybe the first seven horses will be disqualified."

3. He's getting his fortune read by a gypsy with a crystal ball and says "Forget the blonde, I just want to know who is going to win the first at Belmont"

Or the guy siutting on the park bench reading a racing form who says to the guy beside him "I used to have a 9 to 5 job, but I didn't like the odds"

AD

JimG
02-06-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by andicap

I used my real name on the old Prodigy board,

Andy,

So did I. In fact, I don't think we had a choice. Didn't keep some from being apain in the butt anyhow <g>. That was a great forum. Anyone else on here that participated in the old prodigy horse racing forum besides Andy and I?

Jim

anotherdave
02-06-2002, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the tip on comics.com. Loved looking at those old strips, here's a good one there of Andy about the races (Boy that guy had the life, lying around on the couch, horses, soccer, going to the pub to pick up lasses. He was so politically incorrect!)

http://www.comics.com/creators/andycapp/archive/andycapp-20020125.html
:)

Dave Schwartz
02-07-2002, 12:01 AM
4thandlong,

What can you get for 10 minutes?

Well, if you dial 10-10-220...

<G>

andicap
02-07-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by 4thandlong
Andy Capp is (was?) a cartoon character who liked to nap on the couch and bend the elbow.

Miss the 20 point bonus. What can I get for 10pts?

:D

Well, that and a $1.50 will get you on the NYC subway.

:p

Tom
02-07-2002, 10:37 AM
My favorite Herman was when he was opening the door to a pet shop and there were five baby turtles coming out the door and he is yelling "Stampede!"

Tom

Lefty
02-07-2002, 01:12 PM
The best Andy Capp was when he was coming out of the bet shoppe counting a wad of money and said: "Some days i'm a $50,000 a year man."