PDA

View Full Version : NBC Clown

Tom
10-02-2016, 10:17 AM
UpChuck Todd? Is that his name? Beat the Press?

Interviewing Rudy, he gets cute.

Bad idea.
Never get in a battle of wits when you have none. :lol:

He asks Rudy about how trump did in the debate, then waits patiently until
he finishes and jumps in with "That's not what you said Monday! Then, like a baby who just made poo poo. he holds up a cell phone and says "Here's what you said on twitter." and then reads a post not kind to Trump.

Rudy smiles and says "That in not my tweet. I didn't send that. Someone is pretending to be me. There are four of them out there."

UpChuck immediately loses his composure and changes the subject to Trumps tax returns, and questions his using legal tax loopholes. Rudy, smiling now, explains to the loser how business works - if you do not use all the deductions you have available, you can be sued by your investors.

An anchor of an alleged news network not doing due diligence and verify his sources.......stuff they teach you in journalism 101.

Upchuck Todd, a joke. :lol: :lol:

horses4courses
10-02-2016, 11:51 AM
UpChuck Todd? Is that his name? Beat the Press?

Interviewing Rudy, he gets cute.

Bad idea.
Never get in a battle of wits when you have none. :lol:

He asks Rudy about how trump did in the debate, then waits patiently until
he finishes and jumps in with "That's not what you said Monday! Then, like a baby who just made poo poo. he holds up a cell phone and says "Here's what you said on twitter." and then reads a post not kind to Trump.

Rudy smiles and says "That in not my tweet. I didn't send that. Someone is pretending to be me. There are four of them out there."

UpChuck immediately loses his composure and changes the subject to Trumps tax returns, and questions his using legal tax loopholes. Rudy, smiling now, explains to the loser how business works - if you do not use all the deductions you have available, you can be sued by your investors.

An anchor of an alleged news network not doing due diligence and verify his sources.......stuff they teach you in journalism 101.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ctt6L1uVYAAa3us.jpg

Saratoga_Mike
10-02-2016, 12:05 PM
First David Gregory and now Chuck Todd have ruined a once great program. Easy solution: hire Chris Wallace. He hammers Dems and Reps alike, and he's actually prepared.

classhandicapper
10-02-2016, 12:19 PM
That guy from Meet the Press should not even be employed by the press. He should just join the Clinton campaign so everyone knows to totally ignore him. It's disgraceful that someone like this is on a major political show on a major network doing potentially influential news.

jk3521
10-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Did Rudy have his glasses on crooked like he did on ABC This Week with Snuffaluffagus ? I could only half listen to what he was saying between laughing how goofy he looked.

Tom
10-02-2016, 02:26 PM
Good contrast in this thread.
Rudy, America's mayor, and his display of great leadership on 9/11, and capability before that. cleaning up the city.

And, then at the bottom of the drain.... a good flush.

whodoyoulike
10-02-2016, 02:57 PM
... Rudy, smiling now, explains to the loser how business works - if you do not use all the deductions you have available, you can be sued by your investors.

I thought the tax amount question or lack of was regarding his personal taxes and who are these investors is he referring?

When as in this case, does someone supposedly lose $1 billion of his own money in an investment allow them to repeatedly claim it as a brilliant business move?

Has Rudy ever provided financial advice?

Now, there is a possible pending lawsuit!!

whodoyoulike
10-02-2016, 04:44 PM
I just read an article on Google that both Giuliani and Christie are both gushing about how Trump is a genius in his handling of his losses and tax treatment.

But, the bottom line is Trump lost $1 billion of his own money. Now, IMO the genius part is being able to get these two to come out in public to try and convince people that Trump is a genius in this case.

I have a question.

Does anyone think either of these two are expecting to be part of any Trump administration because this stuff is really way over the top?

classhandicapper
10-02-2016, 05:53 PM
I'm not a CPA, but I used to have a couple of small investment properties.

Depreciation generates accounting losses that can be written off against taxable income (like rents, management fees etc..). Most depreciation schedules are accelerated. Too long to explain why that matters. You can be making positive cash flow and positive capital gains and still report a loss for tax purposes. Without seeing any of his returns I'd be willing to bet he made a lot of money and reported a loss (appropriately).

Tom
10-02-2016, 06:07 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to pitch that one so high.
Went right over a few heads. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
10-02-2016, 06:17 PM
I'm not a CPA, but I used to have a couple of small investment properties.

Depreciation generates accounting losses that can be written off against taxable income (like rents, management fees etc..). Most depreciation schedules are accelerated. Too long to explain why that matters. You can be making positive cash flow and positive capital gains and still report a loss for tax purposes. Without seeing any of his returns I'd be willing to bet he made a lot of money and reported a loss (appropriately).

I did it on rental properties for ten years. Houses I got stuck with during the crash. The last few years the depreciation was almost nil. Killed my profit. I was informed by the IRS that if I did not show a profit this year or next, no more deductions.

I sold one of two properties, at a loss technically (for IRS purposes) Took the cash from the sale and paid down the other property to the point I now realize a couple hundred bucks profit a month and my tenants are paying my mortgage off just about the time I reach 65. The rent will be handy income. I also get to maintain my mortgage interest deduction from here on out.

Using the laws and the tax rules to your advantage is not easy, but you're nuts if you don't.

Tom
10-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Funny, the left always justifies OBama's totally ignoring the laws and condemns Trump for following them.

Bizzaro World. :lol:

whodoyoulike
10-03-2016, 01:15 AM
Tom, FYI, just saw this. Here is a quote from a person which you're holding in high esteem.

Clinton marriage attack-dog Giuliani, confronted with own history of infidelity, says: ‘Everybody does’

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/giuliani-asked-infidelity-article-1.2814712

You need to vet your choices more carefully.

ElKabong
10-03-2016, 01:52 AM
What Rudy stated was accurate, and toddy was digging for an angle to attack. No need to deflect from the topic