PDA

View Full Version : Some observations which may have impacts on BC races

thespaah
10-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Ectot, winner of the Turf Classic is NOT going to win the BC Turf.....Two reasons. One, he'll never get the soft going on which to race at Santa Anita. Second, there is ZERO chance of the kind of pace which allowed Ortiz to lay down a 1:15 opening 6 panels and bolt home in under 1:13...
For those who were drooling at the chance of beating Flintshire and getting a nice win payoff, I guess this was the chance as some astute posters noted Flintshire does not care for wet turf...With sunny California as the next stop for Flintshire, and of course failing the appearance of some unusually wet weather, Flintshire should once again get the firm ground the horse prefers.

In the Gallant Bloom, Wavell Avenue was making a late charge and finished well after a rail trip. When finally guided to the 4 path, she took off to finish a strong third. The extra half furlong may be ideal for this one...
In the Pilgrim :1: Frostmourne, broke well, but as most of us are aware, the number one post at 8.5 furlongs at Belmont is not ideal, still the colt was in good position off the break, then about 3/16ths in Manny Franco had to slam on the binders due to a tangle in front of his mount.
The colt was guided out of trouble, made second place one furlong out, but faded a bit at the end to finish 4th. I think given a decent chance, Frostmourne is well worth a wager.
Comments?

EMD4ME
10-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Ectot, winner of the Turf Classic is NOT going to win the BC Turf.....Two reasons. One, he'll never get the soft going on which to race at Santa Anita. Second, there is ZERO chance of the kind of pace which allowed Ortiz to lay down a 1:15 opening 6 panels and bolt home in under 1:13...
For those who were drooling at the chance of beating Flintshire and getting a nice win payoff, I guess this was the chance as some astute posters noted Flintshire does not care for wet turf...With sunny California as the next stop for Flintshire, and of course failing the appearance of some unusually wet weather, Flintshire should once again get the firm ground the horse prefers.

In the Gallant Bloom, Wavell Avenue was making a late charge and finished well after a rail trip. When finally guided to the 4 path, she took off to finish a strong third. The extra half furlong may be ideal for this one...
In the Pilgrim :1: Frostmourne, broke well, but as most of us are aware, the number one post at 8.5 furlongs at Belmont is not ideal, still the colt was in good position off the break, then about 3/16ths in Manny Franco had to slam on the binders due to a tangle in front of his mount.
The colt was guided out of trouble, made second place one furlong out, but faded a bit at the end to finish 4th. I think given a decent chance, Frostmourne is well worth a wager.
Comments?

I did not like Wavell Avenue at any distance after his last start and I 100% don't like him again AFTER today's start.

Flintshire, I will bet against again next out as I don't credit the soft turf to his loss. I credit his diminishing form for his loss, the wet stuff helped as well.

thespaah
10-01-2016, 09:58 PM
I did not like Wavell Avenue at any distance after his last start and I 100% don't like him again AFTER today's start.

Flintshire, I will bet against again next out as I don't credit the soft turf to his loss. I credit his diminishing form for his loss, the wet stuff helped as well.
No opinion on Frostmourne?

EMD4ME
10-01-2016, 11:03 PM
No opinion on Frostmourne?

Yes, bad chute trip but I am just in LOVE with Oscar Performance.

I was halfway screaming breeders cup every step of the race today.

This horse was WOW in his 2nd start. He should do just fine over the astro fake turf at SA.