PDA

View Full Version : How is it possible...

pele polo
09-30-2016, 11:17 PM
That Off the Tracks, by a HOY and out of a HOY sold for only 50k. She's now looking for her second grade 1 tomorrow and I like her on top as the controlling speed.

ReplayRandall
09-30-2016, 11:23 PM
That Off the Tracks, by a HOY and out of a HOY sold for only 50k. She's now looking for her second grade 1 tomorrow and I like her on top as the controlling speed.

Buyers have a real fetish for conformation, it's all about the appearance of a perceived champion, along with good bloodlines, and that's what gets the big bucks in the sales ring.....

pele polo
09-30-2016, 11:31 PM
But 50k seems awfully low for a filly with obvious broodmare potential without even having run a race, not to mention her mother cost a cool $10 million.

She must have been crooked as hell or damn near crippled for the seller to let her go at that price. And now look at her.

It's just seems like one of those rarities that we see only only 10 or 20 years.

the little guy
10-01-2016, 12:17 AM

Her dam is not the HOY. Different spelling.

pele polo
10-01-2016, 05:54 AM
Her dam is not the HOY. Different spelling.

Thanks.

Fager Fan
10-01-2016, 09:11 AM
But 50k seems awfully low for a filly with obvious broodmare potential without even having run a race, not to mention her mother cost a cool $10 million.

She must have been crooked as hell or damn near crippled for the seller to let her go at that price. And now look at her.

It's just seems like one of those rarities that we see only only 10 or 20 years.

Already mentioned, but this dam is Harve de Grace, not Havre de Grace. The former is older and is the dam of Concord Point along with Off the Tracks. The latter was 2011 HOY, retired in 2012, bred in 2013, so her first foal is only 2yo.