PDA

View Full Version : 9/30 R8 Belmont

Lemon Drop Husker
09-30-2016, 02:40 AM
7F Turf race contested for 3YO and upwards OC $40Kn2x running for a purse of $65K for state breds.

That almost sounds sexy, doesn't it?

How about 12 will likely get to the gate in the middle of solid wagering interests if playing horizontally, and if you're looking for a vertical race at Belmont tomorrow, this may well be your landing spot.

:1: Aragonite: Trust me, I had to take a 2nd look that this wasn't Arrogate. Eyes deceive you when you get older. :D Interesting entry either way with Donk and Johnny V and 2nd career race on turf in which he won his last. Long layoff since April, and a short work schedule that likely doesn't tell the entire story. A definite tote board watch.

:2: Asset Inflation: Turf sprinter that has 6 wins in 18 starts. That R R Rodriguez guy gets Junior on board and is running 2nd time from his barn. Good enough to win this race. 7F is my concern, and thus I'll pass.

:3: Euros to Dollars: A front runner that likely needs the lead to do his best. 7F is a huge concern. Pass.

:4: Final Chapter: Form looks much better than what this one is. If you buy his 2 wins in the last 3, then this is full on fire mode. 7/2 is interesting, and I don't see that sticking as he'll be an underlay. I'll look to keep out of Exactas.

:5: Whiskey Seven: Lightly raced 3YO with a great name has never ran against his peers since day 1. Always bet, and Rice/Ortiz gives one confidence. Never ran a bad race in 3 career starts, and has ran in big fields of 9, 11, and 9. Have to take this one seriously as a possible win contender.

:6: Banana Thief: Won his last two races including wins over the :5: and :3:. Saez gets the mount instead of Jose Ortiz, so think of that what you will. Leaning elsewhere after his back-to-back wins.

:7: Summer Breezing: Englehart not having a great start to the meet, and couples with a cold Jock as well. Just not convinced intentions are right here, and definitely not convinced this guy can win at 7F.

:8: Tiz a Chance: Great Belmont record, great turf and distance record. Hard to find a race for him that shows he can best all of these. Interesting bottom end of exotics entry however.

:9: The Crocheron Kid: The 2nd of the Donk entries just doesn't look good enough, unless you dig deep enough into his race 5 back. That race kind of popped out of nowhere, and he'll be at or near the same odds. If playing horizontally, I'd have a tough time excluding.

:10: Wicked Freud: Money-burning lifetime kind of hanger. A bunch of 3rds and 4ths, always competitive, but just doesn't win. Same class and getting class droppers in here with a bad post. Pass.

:11: Get Jets: They have expected quite a bit out of this one, and switch to turf with this Scat Daddy colt to try and spark some life I believe. Good enough I think. A must watch on the tote board and in the Post Parade. 5 career races and never gone off at more than 5/2. Should get a much better price than that here.

:12: Wildniteattheopera: Shipper from Suffolk and Finger Lakes takes on the Belmont'ers yet again. 30/1 ML is amusing, especially when you get Englehart as your trainer. In the end, he looks like nothing more than a pace player at best. Pass.

:13: Front: The AE entry doesn't look all that exciting. Was claimed for $25K 4 back, and has been entered in over his head since. This is yet another failed attempt in those regards. This 6YO needs class relief, not post 11 or 12 if he gets in against better horses.

:1::2::4::5::9: is where I'm kind of looking.

What you got PA'ers?

Alwaysonpoint36
09-30-2016, 08:18 AM
It's raining here this am LDH. Probably off the turf

titans1127
09-30-2016, 09:58 AM
Surprisingly as of 30 minutes ago, NYRA has the tracks listed as Fast/Firm. No changes announced yet though.

EMD4ME
09-30-2016, 10:08 AM
Surprisingly as of 30 minutes ago, NYRA has the tracks listed as Fast/Firm. No changes announced yet though.

That will change.....imho

Ocala Mike
09-30-2016, 02:00 PM
:8: TIZ A CHANCE - I follow this barn religiously.

Alwaysonpoint36
09-30-2016, 02:07 PM
It's raining here this am LDH. Probably off the turf

R2 was on the turf......chunks of flying turf debris everywhere. :eek:

CincyHorseplayer
09-30-2016, 02:12 PM
:4: if the 7/2 holds I'm on this one but will take 5/2. Very quick and contested pace in last. Was loose 2 back sure but closed like a freight train. Best lifetime turf effort in sprint 3 back. On the cutback will again have bottom. Love this type.

ReplayRandall
09-30-2016, 02:18 PM
:12: Wildniteattheopera: Shipper from Suffolk and Finger Lakes takes on the Belmont'ers yet again. 30/1 ML is amusing, especially when you get Englehart as your trainer. In the end, he looks like nothing more than a pace player at best. Pass.

If this race comes off the turf, give the :12: a second look....

EasyGoer89
09-30-2016, 02:44 PM
R2 was on the turf......chunks of flying turf debris everywhere. :eek:

Don't want to hijack here but race 4 is off I'm guessing this is an 'all' race in pick 3, 4 and 5? Anyone know?

johnhannibalsmith
09-30-2016, 02:55 PM
:1: :2: :9: :12: Super box

Lemon Drop Husker
09-30-2016, 04:04 PM
:1: :2: :9: :12: Super box

Damn.

JHB and RR like the :12:.

Obviously more work to do...

Lemon Drop Husker
09-30-2016, 04:50 PM
:confused: