PDA

View Full Version : Time Form US Pace Projector

menifee
09-29-2016, 03:36 AM
Anybody tracking statistically how accurate this is (leader)?

I find it does an ok job, some race distances it is far better than others. For example, in shorter dirt races 4.5,5,5.5 - when jockeys must send, it is pretty good. In longer races, I find it is just so-so.

I'm curious whether anyone is keeping stats.

cj
09-30-2016, 07:27 PM
We track the accuracy and found similar to you, dirt sprints are best and gets tougher and tougher to be right as you work your way to turf marathons. The more strategic the race, the more human intervention takes over and is tougher to predict.

Next frontier is going to be including jockey / trainer tendencies and see if that helps. We do a lot of work behind the scenes trying to make the product as good as possible.

menifee
10-01-2016, 03:39 AM
We track the accuracy and found similar to you, dirt sprints are best and gets tougher and tougher to be right as you work your way to turf marathons. The more strategic the race, the more human intervention takes over and is tougher to predict.

Next frontier is going to be including jockey / trainer tendencies and see if that helps. We do a lot of work behind the scenes trying to make the product as good as possible.

It is a great product. You guys do a great job with it. Had to spend some time with it to fold it into my handicapping, but once you do, it becomes invaluable.

Alwaysonpoint36
10-01-2016, 11:50 AM
The more strategic the race, the more human intervention takes over and is tougher to predict.

Next frontier is going to be including jockey / trainer tendencies and see if that helps.

can you expand on what tendencies you're talking about....like deliberately keeping a lead horse off the pace or having a stone cold closer closer to the front? paranoid me feels that sometimes they see the pace projector and buck the trend to gain whatever advantage. its well within their rights, nothing says they can't switch up strategy....nothing more frustrating than when horse A is projected leader, breaks cleanly but then gets pulled back :mad: :mad:

cnollfan
10-01-2016, 11:58 PM
nothing more frustrating than when horse A is projected leader, breaks cleanly but then gets pulled back :mad: :mad:

Especially when the horse that does end up on the lead in that race wins wire to wire.

cj
10-07-2016, 12:31 PM
can you expand on what tendencies you're talking about....like deliberately keeping a lead horse off the pace or having a stone cold closer closer to the front? paranoid me feels that sometimes they see the pace projector and buck the trend to gain whatever advantage. its well within their rights, nothing says they can't switch up strategy....nothing more frustrating than when horse A is projected leader, breaks cleanly but then gets pulled back :mad: :mad:

Just that some riders are more aggressive than others, and some trainers seem to be more prone to give instructions to go to the front than others. Jockeys are the stronger angle, but there are a few trainers that show the same things as riders.

NY BRED
10-08-2016, 08:05 AM
strategy....nothing more frustrating than when horse A is projected leader, breaks cleanly but then gets pulled back :mad: :mad:
we are on the same page, I'm at the point where i blink at
turf racing in NY at distance above 8.0 furlongs.

While I believe these jockeys are following trainer instructions
these races generally favor the outfits(ie Chad Brown) with royally
bred TBreds with stamina be on the lead or close to the
pace at fractions of 25/52/114/ yada yada....

:bang: