PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Lied?

JustRalph
07-15-2004, 11:19 PM
This guy is starting to look pretty bad. The U.K. Report that came out yesterday, also makes him look pretty bad. In fact the U.K. report directly contradicts his view.............and says that Mr. Bush's statements in the State of the Union Speech were accurate. Funny how you aren't hearing that on the big media Newscasts?

Ann Coulter
Wilson Lied, Kids Died!
July 14, 2004

Another high-profile John Kerry supporter was outed as a nutcase this week: Joseph C. Wilson IV, the Walter Mitty of conspiracy theorists. Wilson is the ne'er-do-well WASP embraced by the Democrats last year for calling Bush a liar. Wilson claimed to be shocked, appalled, alarmed when President Bush said during his 2003 State of the Union address: "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

Wilson was shocked because, in 2002, he had been sent on an unpaid make-work job to Niger to "investigate" whether Saddam Hussein had tried to buy uranium ore from Niger. Wilson's method of investigating consisted of asking African potentates questions like: Did you commit a horrible crime, which, if so, would ruin your country's relationship with the United States? I have no independent means of corroborating this, so be honest!

On the basis of the answers he got, Wilson concluded that Saddam had not sought uranium ore from Niger. Since "Africa" means "Niger" and "British intelligence" means "Joseph Wilson," Wilson realized in horror that Bush's statement referred to Wilson's very own report! Out of love for his country and an insatiable desire to have someone notice his worthless existence, Wilson wrote an op-ed in The New York Times calling Bush a liar.

The whole story was already nutty enough to be believed by every columnist at The New York Times. But then journalist Robert Novak revealed that Clown Wilson had been sent as an unpaid intern to Niger by his wife, a chair-warmer at the CIA who apparently wanted to get him out of the house. This in turn provoked our own Walter Mitty to accuse Karl Rove of outing his wife as an undercover "spy" in retaliation for his attacks on the Bush administration. (And P. Diddy told me Britney Spears is out to get me! I'm a spy too!)

In response to Wilson's crazy behavior, he was made an adviser to the Kerry campaign. He was also fawned over by Vanity Fair magazine, embraced by Democratic senators like Jon Corzine of New Jersey, hailed as a patriot in The New York Times, awarded The Nation magazine's "Award for Truth-Telling" and given a lucrative book contract.

According to The Washington Post, Wilson began whiling away his once-empty days discussing "who would play (his wife) in the movie" and fantasizing about how his obituary would read. His favorites were: "Joseph C. Wilson IV, the Bush I administration political appointee who did the most damage to the Bush II administration ..." and "Joseph C. Wilson IV, the husband of the spy the White House outed ..."

I'm not sure we were waiting for any more evidence on whether Wilson was an idiot, but this week we found out he's a liar, too. The Senate report on the CIA's intelligence gathering concluded that, contrary to Wilson's statements about his own report, his findings had bolstered rather than undermined the case that Saddam had sought uranium from Niger.

Most amusingly, despite Wilson's insistence that he had been tapped for the Niger trip based on his nonexistent expertise and zero credentials, the Senate committee produced his wife's memo recommending her husband for the (unpaid) job. This followed Wilson's assertions that his wife "definitely had not proposed that I make the trip" and his astonishment that anyone could imagine his wife was "somehow involved in this," saying that "just defies logic."

When presented with the memo from his wife recommending him for the job, Wilson said only that his wife was not the one who made the decision to send him to Niger. This cleared up the matter for anyone who had been under the impression Wilson was married to George Tenet.

As an aside, I note that the main point of the Senate report was to slam the agency for its Mickey Mouse intelligence gathering on weapons of mass destruction. Guess what Wilson's wife does at the CIA? That's right! She gathers intelligence on weapons of mass destruction! No wonder she claims to be "undercover." Her fantasist husband calls the incompetent CIA paper-pusher "Jane Bond." (I'm an astronaut!)

The implicit deal the government has always had with worthless, rich WASPs is they get trivial, make-work jobs with the Foreign Service so they can go around calling themselves "diplomats"; but the trade-off is, they're not supposed to make fools of themselves or commit treason. It's not that high a hurdle. Unlike the Ivy League WASPs of yesteryear, at least worthless WASPs from the lower-ranked schools like Wilson have, thus far, managed to avoid treason. Merely being an ass shouldn't cause many problems for the country -- except that: One political party embraced the ass.

Wilson is an "unpaid foreign affairs adviser" to the Kerry campaign. (In yet another testament to the wisdom of the market, all Wilson's "jobs" seem to be unpaid.) Indeed, Wilson's Web site, denouncing the perfidy of the Bush administration, was created and paid for by "John Kerry for President." (Why haven't any crack investigative journalists noticed that?)

This may explain why Kerry was boasting about foreign leaders supporting him earlier this year: He was trying to distract voters from the fact that his strongest base of support in the United States consists of lonely fantasists hoping to make some new friends.

kenwoodallpromos
07-16-2004, 01:43 AM
The sad part is the US media promoted the hell out of Wilson when he was wrongly trashing Bush. That is how people get brainwashed in this country and the political system gets corrupt.

JustRalph
07-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Amazing how it is being ignored right now. Even in this thread. There were people in here talking about how bad things were for him and his wife. Now, suddenly nobody wants to comment? Where are the voices of the left? The guy is a weasel.......

JustMissed
07-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Ralph, I heard the voices of the left got a little put out and are not going to post here any more til a little closer to the election.

I pray they mean like Monday, November 1st.

This should give the normal posters a chance to better discuss the issues.

Don't expect any retractions from the leftys about that POS Wilson.

Thank goodness for people like Anne Coulter and the like. If not for them the real news would never get out.

JM

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Yes, it's rather odd to take a vacation from posting at this time. Perhaps Hcap is here to take up the slack....

Hcap, what you say about this?

Suff
07-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Ralph...

You keep posting these Op-eds as Facts,,,

Thats Ann Coulter... I don't feel compelled to respond to her drivel. She's Rush Limbaugh in a skirt..

His Wife was an Undercover CIA agent. Karl Rove out'd her to Bob Novak. There is an independent commission investigating the white house for the source of the leak...

Coulter is carrying water for them here.

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2004, 10:20 PM
Vote for Kerry. He'll stop the leaks!

Suff
07-16-2004, 10:35 PM
I told you guys

I'm writing in "Hilary Clinton"....

But I may vote for Sal Russo of the Libertarian Party if he makes the Mass Ballot..

Kerry wins here 75-20

and I checked Today... If you want to know what his Nieghbors think of him.. He's leading in Mass,VT, CT, ME, NH and RI...and NY!

schweitz
07-16-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Suff
Ralph...

Thats Ann Coulter... I don't feel compelled to respond to her drivel. She's Rush Limbaugh in a skirt..

His Wife was an Undercover CIA agent. Karl Rove out'd her to Bob Novak. There is an independent commission investigating the white house for the source of the leak...

Try the New York Times--the story is the same---at least is now that the truth is out---of course originally they bought all the bs that Wilson was spewing.

JustRalph
07-16-2004, 11:42 PM
Ralph...

Suff....... as Schweitz posted.........it is all over the place. Coulter is commenting on what has been reported. She isn't reporting it.

Suff
07-16-2004, 11:55 PM
whats all over the place? Ralph they under Investigation for Leaking the name (s) of undercover agents for the CIA?? You do know that right?

This is her husband.... Its attacks against him...

I don't see anything there but an attempt to diminish him...

PA asked why all the hate,... This is why//

They out a F'ing CIA agent for poltical gain.,....or payback..

Now they're attacking her husband,,, who was the Last US Official to meet with Saddam..

She calls his wife a seat warmer at the CIA,,,

This is why,...... Its downright nasty and the American people... as sharp as they are... They see what these guys and gals do..

Ann Coulter is the Most Partisan Republican I ever seen... She is carry water for these guys.... Wilson wrote a Book,.. He did 150 Interviews.,.. he's a respected Public servant....and This is what you do to him?

Free unpaid assignments? "get him out of the house" Seat Warmer....

Are you so Jaded that you cannot see what these guys do?

I have No idea why your even a replubican or why you will vote for Bush... All you seem to do is surf the net for some op-ed or slanted article that spins negative on Kerry and you roll with it..

Its getting old....

Suff
07-16-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by schweitz
Try the New York Times--the story is the same---at least is now that the truth is out---of course originally they bought all the bs that Wilson was spewing.

whats the story? I see no story? Fill me in... I keep reading it but I see no story? He lied..? Ok.. He lied about what?

JustRalph
07-17-2004, 12:34 AM
whats the story? I see no story? Fill me in... I keep reading it but I see no story? He lied..? Ok.. He lied about what?

Ok...lets get this straight. Coulter was commenting on news stories reporting that Wilson had been less than truthful and is now seen as being less than truthful.

The Senate report and the British report both say that Wilson was wrong in what he reported (about the uranium and Saddam). It is now known that his wife recomended him for the position to investigate this. He previously denied this. He is starting to appear to be a partisan hack who got famous by lying.

He and his wife end up in Vanity Fair and become the darling of the Dems. Based on Lies. But just about nobody in the country realizes it. You won't see this covered on the NBC news, Dan Blather or the rest. It is total Bullshit! They covered it for weeks when this guy was showing up on the Sunday Shows. He spewed crap about the President for days and now that he is outed as a low life glory hound..........nobody hears about it. That is why people like Ann Coulter and Rush exist. Because of cases like this. I won't argue with you anymore Suff. You are blind to the other side on things like this. You complain and disregard people like Coulter and Rush because they don't see it your way. Let me remind you that a great deal of this country is not one bit like Mass. We don't think the same way, we don't conduct business the same way. And we don't believe in the things that you do. You might consider that maybe you are the minority on these issues, it is possible you know. Don't discount the message just because you don't like the messenger.

schweitz
07-17-2004, 12:40 AM

Suff, there is a story about the Senate Intelligence Committee's findings about this in the Washington Post on July 9--I tried to post the link but it won't work, but you can get there with a google search---it's been in the ny times but you need to register----ditto the kansas city star.

PaceAdvantage
07-17-2004, 12:41 AM
I have No idea why your even a replubican or why you will vote for Bush... All you seem to do is surf the net for some op-ed or slanted article that spins negative on Kerry and you roll with it..

Its getting old....

Hehehehahaha. You have no idea how funny this statement is. Just replace the name KERRY with BUSH in the second sentence, and you will know how I feel!

And it's DEFINITELY getting old. There may be hope for you yet!

PaceAdvantage
07-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Yeah, come on Suff. You were the one pounding your chest a few months ago, telling everyone they got to find and read the Novak article about Afghanistan and bin Laden.

Now we have an article for you, and you're clueless about it??? I know you're more savvy than this.

hcap
07-17-2004, 08:05 AM
PAPerhaps Hcap is here to take up the slackNumber one-the administration has admitted it was wrong to include those sixteen little words in the SOTU speech.

Number two read Joe Wilson directly.

http://www.buzzflash.com/alerts/04/07/ale04018.html

Number three, number two pretty much sums up ann coulter.

Suff
07-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
I won't argue with you anymore Suff. You are blind to the other side on things like this. You complain and disregard people like Coulter and Rush because they don't see it your way. Let me remind you that a great deal of this country is not one bit like Mass. We don't think the same way, we don't conduct business the same way.

More Americans voted for Al Gore than Voted for George Bush..

I'm not sure where your coming up with the rest of America not being like us... Ralph.. Your views are in the Minority in America...Not Mine..

And its a Known fact , the Higher the turnout the better for Democrats...

On Election Day, Democrats pray for Sunshine and Republicans pray for rain.

Its a little disheartening that you know almost 500 thousand more Americans voted for Gore than Bush, but you can somehow put yourself in the Majority?

And if they had'nt turned away 16,000 voters in Florida we woud'nt be having this discussion. Because Al Gore would be President.

But regarding that article.... where does it say that he was wreong about Africa? He wrote an Op-ed saying Bush's intelligence was wrong... I can find it if you want it?
The lie the story puports was that he denied that his wife got him the job.....and a memo was produced saying hiswife "Reccommend" him...

If you want to tear him down on the rest of the op-ed about book deals and movie deals... go ahead. I have no Proof of that. And I see no real Proof in that Piece... Nor anywhere else in the AM news Reports..

Ralph... again.. Because The facts back me up. More Americans Think like me than like you.. More Americans Voted democratic than Republican. Kerry is leading in many polls. And even if you dispute those , although I don't see how you could...

There is no Huge Divide between my Politics and America,, and your Poltics..

Your Attempt to take the High Road and speak for the Majority is Misguided.

cj
07-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Suff,

I would say you are not in the majority, its pretty damn close. Have you checked the totals in the Senate and the House? There is a lot more to the government than the President.

JustMissed
07-17-2004, 12:09 PM

And if they hadn't turned away 16,000 voters in Florida we woud'nt be having this discussion. Because Al Gore would be President.

I know you guys like to "spin" the truth, but the fact is there was a huge voting registration effort in Florida sponsored by the NAACP & Demoractic Party. This effort targeted a large number of black college students at the major university and all black institutions.

Unfortunately, in their haste to register as many Dems as possible, they failed to communicate to the black students that they either had to travel to their hometown to vote in their home precinct where they were registered to vote or they could vote by absentee ballot if they chose so.

Election day came which was a school day, and these new voters went down to the local voting place in their college town and were promptly turned away as their names where not on the rolls at those precinct.

Of course the DEMS spun the story to their advantage, just as you are, by accusing the Republicans from denying "black folk", the right to vote.

As literacy test, poll tax & property ownership have been used in the past to deny blacks the opportunity to vote, it put the white republicans between a rock and a hard place to defending themselves publically as to not wanting to sound as if they were saying that black people don't/can't understand the proper way to vote.

There was another incident in Jacksonville where there was some sort of accident or emergency and the law enforcement closed down certain street, as per procedure, to make way for emergency vehicles. It happened to be in a black area close to a voting precinct and by the time the story got told by the left wing demorcractic news outlets, it appears that white sheriff deputies were stopping blacks on their way to vote and turning them back.

Anyway, we should be glad that you left wing liberals keep twisting the truth and spin the way you do. Makes the whole bunch look rediculous.

JM

Steve 'StatMan'
07-17-2004, 12:42 PM
I thought the popular vote margin more like 200,000 instead of 500,000? Besides, out of over what, more than 80,000,00 votes, that isn't much to thump one's chest about. I'm more disappointed that no candidate in this past election, and I believe the '96 Clinton/Dole election (Maybe even '92?!) got more than 50% of the popular vote. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Tom
07-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Natural selection again.
If you are not smart enough to know WHERE to vote, you should not be allowed to vote.
That could be the new DNC slogan:"I am too stupid to know where to vote. When someone takes me there, I am too stupid to know HOW to vote. But I like KERRY!" :D

Steve 'StatMan'
07-17-2004, 12:55 PM
And the Dems can add: "Our party and supporters doesn't care about following the election laws and deadlines, we just want our candidate to win, so you guys have to wait as long as it takes for us until we find and count all our ur goofed up votes, cause everyone should be heard in America, yeah, but not if you serve overseas cause you like only work for America but you ain't here, ha ha!"

hcap
07-17-2004, 01:24 PM
http://www.gregpalast.com/columns.cfm?subject_id=1&subject_name=Theft%20of%20Presidency

"....The menace first appeared in Florida in the November 2000 presidential election. While the media chased butterfly ballots and hanging chads, a much more sinister and devastating attack on voting rights went almost undetected."

"....In the two years before the elections, the Florida secretary of state's office quietly ordered the removal of 94,000 voters from the registries. Supposedly, these were convicted felons who may not vote in Florida. Instead, the overwhelming majority were innocent of any crime – and just over half were black or Hispanic.

BBC researchers projected that Al Gore lost 22,000 votes as a result of the bogus purge -- plenty of margin for him to have won Florida and the presidency.

And the database company who "found "the so-called felons...

"The purge list was compiled by an Atlanta-based company, ChoicePoint, that is closely tied to Republican circles. Palast exposed that ChoicePoint failed to do even basic checking of the list -- despite charging taxpayers curiously high fees topping $4 million."

Palast, in his book, states:

"Was ChoicePoint paid to get it wrong? Every single failure -- to verify by phone, to sample and test, to cross-check against other databases -- worked in one direction: to increase the number of falsely accused voters."

"Eventually a ChoicePoint official testified to a congressional committee -- not that you read about it in your daily newspaper -- that "ChoicePoint told state officials that the rules for creating the list would mean a significant number of people who were not ... a felon would be included in the list."

"Later, Palast turned up another scrub list, about 40,000 names of people who had been convicted of crimes but who had had their rights restored -- Bush-Harris had axed them also, which was patently illegal. Most would have undoubtedly voted Democratic."

2004? deja vu all over again?

JustRalph
07-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Hcap......... I will trade you the convicted Felons for the U.S. Soldiers who the Dems tried to stop from voting...............and many of them still say their votes were not counted..............

JustMissed
07-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by hcap
BBC researchers projected that Al Gore lost 22,000 votes as a result of the bogus purge -- plenty of margin for him to have won Florida and the presidency.[/i]

"Later, Palast turned up another scrub list, about 40,000 names of people who had been convicted of crimes but who had had their rights restored -- Bush-Harris had axed them also, which was patently illegal. Most would have undoubtedly voted Democratic."

2004? deja vu all over again?

"And if they hadn't turned away 16,000 voters in Florida we woud'nt be having this discussion. Because Al Gore would be President."

LET'S SEE, SUFF QUOTES 16,000 VOTERS TURNED AWAY. HCAP QUOTES 22,000 PLUS THE MAJORITY OF 40,000 VOTERS.

HEY, WHY DON'T YOU GUYS EMAIL EACH OTHER "TALKING POINTS" EACH DAY SO YOU CAN KEEP YOUR STORIES STRAIGHT.

JM

hcap
07-17-2004, 02:15 PM
From your guys NEWSMAX....

"The Wall Street Journal is reporting today that about 1,420 overseas ballots have been rejected. Of those discarded ballots the Journal says about 1,100 were military ballots, and Bush is taking 63 percent of military absentee ballots. That would mean that 693 votes for Bush were tossed."

Also from another conservative org.

"Over the weekend, we learned that Florida election officials disqualified approximately 1,400 absentee ballots. Many of these are believed to be from U.S. military personnel working overseas. Florida election law requires all absentee ballots to be properly signed and postmarked. Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris reminded election officials to adhere precisely to Florda law. Former Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole (Illustration A at right) spoke out on a number of Sunday talk shows. He criticized the Gore campaign harshly for participating in the disqualification effort."

Meanwhile many more non felons were "purged" from the voter rolls simply because they were black. BBC says 20,000 or so, maybe more. Add it up bush LOST. Remember the "official" number was only around 560 plus for bush

The evidence that this in fact was a problem was that a legal suit brought by the NAACP was settled.

"MIAMI (AP) -- A federal judge has approved a settlement between Leon County and civil rights groups that sued over widespread voting problems in the 2000 presidential election in Florida.

The state and six other counties remain in the case brought by the NAACP and four other groups who sued in a dispute that grew out of the long-uncertain results of Florida's vote for president.

Many voters said their votes didn't count or they were turned away from polls due to mistakes on voter lists, busy telephone lines at election headquarters, punch-card voting machine foul-ups and other problems.

Statewide, the largest numbers of voting problems were found in precincts with high proportions of black and elderly voters.

Under the settlement, both sides will work to restore voters who were wrongly removed from voters lists in the 2000 election. Many law-abiding voters across the state said their names were dropped because they were mistakenly pegged as ex-cons, who generally aren't allowed to vote in Florida."

Whether 16,000 or 20,000,minus 1500 absentee military ballots, your guy LOST by at least close to 15,000.

Talking points aren't needed. A new man in the white house sorely is.

Check these out
http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=122&row=1
http://www.newyorker.com/talk/content/?011224ta_talk_hertzberg

JustMissed
07-17-2004, 03:14 PM
My grandpa had a mule one time that was so stubborn Grandpa just kept him in the barn as he had given up trying to teach that mule anything. My Dad asked Grandpa why he didn't just sell the mule and Grandpa said he felt God might punish him if he put that burden on another man.

I'll ask you to read this statement by Joe Wison that has been promoted by hcap. Please re-read it several times if necessary. If this is not a classic example of truth twisting and "spinning", I eaT a ton of horse shit in the Belmont infield:

"First conclusion: “The plan to send the former ambassador to Niger was suggested by the former ambassador’s wife, a CIA employee.”

That is not true. The conclusion is apparently based on one anodyne quote from a memo Valerie Plame, my wife sent to her superiors that says “my husband has good relations with the PM (prime minister) and the former Minister of Mines, (not to mention lots of French contacts) both of whom could possibly shed light on this sort of activity.” There is no suggestion or recommendation in that statement that I be sent on the trip. Indeed it is little more than a recitation of my contacts and bona fides. The conclusion is reinforced by comments in the body of the report that a CPD reports officer stated the “the former ambassador’s wife ‘offered up his name’” (page 39) and a State Department Intelligence and Research officer that the “meeting was ‘apparently convened by [the former ambassador’s] wife who had the idea to dispatch him to use his contacts to sort out the Iraq-Niger uranium issue.”

IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW, ANODYNE MEANS:ANYTHING THAT RELIEVES OR LESSENS PAIN". WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN.

I WON'T BORE YOU WITH REPEATING THE POST, BUT WILSON GOES ON TO SAY HIS WIFE DIDN'T "OFFER UP HIS NAME" BUT SHE ONLY ESCORTED HIM TO THE MEETING ROOM. WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT.

I ASKED MY WIFE TO READ JOE WILSON'S LETTER IN CASE I HAD TAKEN THE WRONG VIEW. HER RESPONSE WAS:"AFTER 8 YEARS OF WATCHING THE CLINTONS(BILL & HILLARY) LIE AND SPIN, THEY HAVE GOTTEN PRETTY GOOD AT IT."

JM

hcap
07-17-2004, 03:43 PM
JustMissed,

Your nick explains your myopic view of this story.

Whether or not Plame suggested her husband Wilson go to Africa is not the crux of the story. The preznit stating that Iraq sought to purchase uranium is!!

The administration already admits it was not appropriate in the SOTU. Powell agreed. There was NO evidence. And still is no evidence. We were manipulated into a war of choice. If the bushies had simply used the humanitarian argument and the removal of Saddam as their motivation for war. Nada, no war would have occurred.
We all know that. Mushroom clouds over american cities was the fear fueled by a dishonest PR campaign.

Remember Chief of Staff Andrew Card-- the one where's he talking about selling the voters on the administration's Iraq policy: "From a marketing point of view, you don't introduce new products in August."

Wake up and smell the bs.

Some excerpts from Joe Wilson for those that haven't read the complete story at the link I posted.

# On October 6, 2002, the DCI called the Deputy National Security Advisor directly to outline the CIA’s concerns. The DCI testified to the SSCI on July 16, 2003, that he told the Deputy National Security Advisor that the “President should not be a fact witness on this issue,” because his analysts had told him the “reporting was weak.”

# On October 6, 2002, the CIA sent a second fax to the White House which said, “more on why we recommend removing the sentence about procuring uranium oxide from Africa: Three points 1) the evidence is weak. One of the two mines cited by the source as the location of the uranium oxide is flooded. The other mine cited by the source is under the control of the French authorities. 2) the procurement is not particularly significant to Iraq’s nuclear ambitions because the Iraqis already have a large stock of uranium oxide in their inventory. And 3) we have shared points one and two with Congress, telling them that the Africa story is overblown and telling them this in one of the two issues where we differed with the British.”

# On March 8, 2003, the intelligence report on my trip was disseminated within the U.S. Government according the Senate report . Further, the Senate report states that “in early March, the Vice President asked his morning briefer for an update on the Niger uranium issue.” That update from the CIA “also noted that the CIA would be debriefing a source who may have information related to the alleged sale on March 5.” The report then states the “DO officials also said they alerted WINPAC analysts when the report was being disseminated because they knew the high priority of the issue.” The report notes that the CIA briefer did not brief the Vice President on the report.

"# Based on the analyst’s comments, the ADDI faxed a memo to the Deputy National Security Advisor that said, “remove the sentence because the amount is in dispute and it is debatable whether it can be acquired from this source. We told Congress that the Brits have exaggerated this issue.Finally, the Iraqis already have 550 metric tons of uranium oxide in their inventory.

Think about this

The last point is probably the most telling. Iraq ALREADY had a substanial quantity of uranium. They did not need more. There was more deposits within The Iraqi border. What they needed was the means and technology to extract U-235, the fissionable component from the ore. There was, and still is no evidence that Iraq possesed that techology.

BS as usual

Tom
07-17-2004, 04:29 PM
So let's review here......Felons and idiots vote democtatic.
Git R done, boys!
:p

Suff
07-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by hcap
JustMissed,

Your nick explains your myopic view of this story.

Whether or not Plame suggested her husband Wilson go to Africa is not the crux of the story. The preznit stating that Iraq sought to purchase uranium is!!

I know. Whats all this shit about how Wilson Got To Africa... or wether he "got' the job via his wife or was "reccommended" by his wife?

Whats the point? The starting thread note says "Wilson Lied Kids Died".. Whats that about?

If he lied about how he got the job...so what? He lied. I'm not even sure he did... But for pupose's of this thread... I'lll agree he lied.

Now... Back to the points I DO care about..

#1 In the State of The Union Bush said Saddam was acquiring Uranium from Africa..

#2 When Wilson wrote an Op-Ed Piece refuting the Intelligence...SOMEONE in the White House disclosed his wife was an Under Cover CIA agent to Bob Novak....

Who subsequently printed it.. Thereby putting her and every other agent she ever met publicly or Knowingly with..at serious risk. Not to mention... You gotta figure,once she was outed every other intelligence agency traced back every single move she ever made.... Thereby comprimising many, many other individuals and intelligence...

Thats my take on it.

Furthere.. regarding this thread and my involvement in it,,,, Did I not see people asking,,(to the point of Baiting) for the Democratic view? Where's the left?

The left shows up,, makes a few points,,, and then people get angry...

schweitz
07-17-2004, 05:17 PM
Suff---I suggest that you look at what the Senate Intelligence Committee had to say about the uranium in Africa findings---also the just completed British investigation on this matter.

Hcap---quit quoting Joe Wilson and look at the same things that I suggested to Suff.

Tom
07-17-2004, 05:48 PM
So...Kovak put her in harm's way for ther sake of a story that wasn't neccessary to print.
Put the blame where it belongs.
Kovak is the scumbag.

Suff
07-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by schweitz
Suff---I suggest that you look at what the Senate Intelligence Committee had to say about the uranium in Africa findings---also the just completed British investigation on this matter.

Hcap---quit quoting Joe Wilson and look at the same things that I suggested to Suff.

Sunday is my Big News & Information day... I'll hunt down the SIC recent findings and see whats going on.

JustRalph
07-17-2004, 08:15 PM
Sunday is my Big News & Information day... I'll hunt down the SIC recent findings and see whats going on.

Read the British report on the matter...........

JustRalph
07-17-2004, 08:38 PM
IWhats the point? The starting thread note says "Wilson Lied Kids Died".. Whats that about?

The thread is "Wilson Lied?" Not kids died. Note the Question mark please. I was starting the thread with a question.......it is significant.

hcap
07-18-2004, 07:36 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=584&ncid=584&e=8&u=/nm/20040715/pl_nm/campaign_florida_dc

" After the 2000 election, it emerged that thousands of people, mostly blacks, were improperly denied the right to vote because they mistakenly appeared on a list of ex-felons. Florida is one of seven states that denies former prisoners the right to vote for life unless a clemency commission restores their rights.

This year, the state produced a new list of 48,000 people to be purged from voter rolls. The state kept the list secret until news organizations sued and a judge ordered the state to make it public.

LIST IS "GARBAGE"

Ion Sancho, supervisor of elections in Florida's Leon County, told the commission the list was "garbage" and that Florida was facing another election disaster.

"We recognized the lists were a prescription for disenfranchisement all over again, Sancho said.

The list was riddled with inaccuracies, he said, because no one had checked the source data bases to correct errors. For example, it failed to list the alleged felonies those excluded had committed and where and when they were committed. "

Tom
07-18-2004, 01:47 PM
So, if this is true, wouldn't the logical and responsible thing to do is go to court right NOW and address this while there is time to do something about it?
Or would you just wait and then have something to complain about in the fall? I'm sure there is some wacko lib judge out there who would like to get his name on CNN. Try the MASS courts - those wacko judges will agree to anything for publicity.

JustRalph
07-19-2004, 12:51 AM
This goes back to my earlier points that most of America Won't Know this now! This is from a late night edition of MSNBC on a Sunday Night! I knew something would make me post.............

Reports bolster Bush Iraq-uranium claim
British report says assertion was ‘well-founded’

The Associated Press
Updated: 3:47 p.m. ET July 18, 2004WASHINGTON - It was one of the first signs that the intelligence used to go to war in Iraq was wrong: White House repudiation of 16 words in last year’s State of the Union speech that had suggested Saddam Hussein tried to buy uranium in Africa.

Yet even as two recent reports sharply criticized prewar intelligence, they also suggested President Bush’s claim may not have been totally off-base.

A British report has concluded that Bush’s statement and a similar one by Prime Minister Tony Blair were “well-founded.” In his speech, Bush had attributed the uranium claim to the British government.

A Senate Intelligence Committee report found inadequate evidence that deposed Iraqi President Saddam had been rebuilding his nuclear weapons program. It cited various reports, however, that Iraq had sought uranium in Africa. Thus, although Bush cited only British evidence that was determined to have been inconclusive, other intelligence files clearly contained other inconclusive evidence of the truth of the claim.

The committee chairman, Sen. Pat Roberts, said he believed last year that the White House was correct in repudiating the uranium claim. “Now I don’t know whether it’s accurate or not. That’s the whole question,” Roberts, R-Kan., said in an interview.

The Wilson-Plame matter
The White House’s repudiation came after The New York Times published an op-ed column by former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, who was sent by the CIA to Niger to determine if Iraq had been acquiring uranium. Wilson said it was unlikely any uranium transaction had taken place and the administration appeared to have been manipulating the intelligence.

Republicans said Wilson was trying to boost John Kerry’s presidential campaign and looked to discredit him and his mission.

Columnist Robert Novak, citing two unidentified Bush administration officials, wrote that Wilson’s wife, CIA officer Valerie Plame, had recommended Wilson for the trip. That has led to a criminal investigation into the leak of Plame’s identity.

The Senate report challenges Wilson’s denial that his wife had a role in the selection and questions his account of the intelligence available at the time of his trip. It also said that his trip, rather than discrediting the Iraq-Niger link, actually bolstered the views of some analysts who suspected Saddam was seeking uranium.

In an addendum to the report, Roberts and two other Republicans accused Wilson of providing “inaccurate, unsubstantiated and misleading” information. In a letter to committee leaders Thursday, Wilson said a thorough reading of the report supports his public comments.

Acting CIA chief takes no stand
On Sunday Wilson told CNN’s “Late Edition” he wants committee members to reinterview a CIA officer whose testimony, he said, had muddled the record about his mission.

Earlier Sunday, the CIA’s acting director, John E. McLaughlin, told “Fox News Sunday,” “I think there’s some debate about what his report said or didn’t say. I just don’t want to take a position on it.”

Bush, in his State of the Union address on Jan. 28, 2003, used the uranium intelligence to help make the case that Saddam was pursuing nuclear weapons. “The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa,” he said.

That claim came under scrutiny after the International Atomic Energy Agency determined that documents purportedly showing Iraq buying uranium from Niger were fake. After Wilson’s op-ed appeared, the White House said including the 16 words in the State of the Union was a mistake because it was based on the forged documents.

Additional intel suggests Iraq-uranium link
But the Senate committee disclosed other intelligence suggesting that Iraq was pursuing uranium.

The committee cited separate reports received from foreign intelligence services on Oct. 15, 2001, and Feb. 5, 2002, and March 25, 2002. The State Department doubted the accuracy of the reports, but the CIA and Defense Intelligence Agency had more confidence in them.

Though Wilson reported to U.S. officials there was “nothing to the story” that Niger sold uranium to Iraq, the CIA and DIA were intrigued by one element of his trip. Wilson had said a former prime minister of Niger, Ibrahim Mayaki, mentioned a visit from an Iraqi delegation in 1999 that expressed interest in expanding commercial ties with Niger, the world’s third largest producer of mined uranium. Mayaki believed this meant they were interested in buying uranium.

‘Intelligence was credible’
The British inquiry said it was generally accepted that Iraqi officials visited Niger in 1999, and there was intelligence from several sources that the visit was to acquire uranium. “Since uranium constitutes almost three-quarters of Niger’s exports, the intelligence was credible,” the report said.

The Senate committee also described various reports about Iraqi attempts to buy uranium from French, British and unidentified foreign governments.

But how much credibility these reports had was not clear. The Senate committee criticized the CIA for “inconsistent and at times contradictory” reports to policy-makers on the uranium issue.

An internal CIA memo from June 17, 2003, said, “We no longer believe there is sufficient other reporting to conclude that Iraq pursued uranium from abroad.”

But beyond internal correspondence, “to date, the intelligence community has not published an assessment to clarify or correct its position on whether or not Iraq was trying to purchase uranium from Africa,” the Senate committee said.

chickenhead
07-19-2004, 01:17 AM
<<Earlier Sunday, the CIA’s acting director, John E. McLaughlin, told “Fox News Sunday,” “I think there’s some debate about what his report said or didn’t say. I just don’t want to take a position on it.”>>

Glad to hear Our Director of Central Intelligence has such profound insights to offer us, his employers.

If I were president I would fire him for general stupidity.

<<The committee chairman, Sen. Pat Roberts, said he believed last year that the White House was correct in repudiating the uranium claim. “Now I don’t know whether it’s accurate or not. That’s the whole question,” Roberts, R-Kan., said in an interview.>>

More brilliant insight from our representatives. They were correct in saying the charge was untrue, although we do not know if it is true or not. Good job Mr. Pat Roberts, you have served your people well.

PaceAdvantage
07-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Hmmmm....silence.....

(cue cricket sound effects)