PDA

View Full Version : We're laughing at you

JustRalph
09-25-2016, 11:51 PM
http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2016/09/22/were-laughing-at-the-selfdestruction-of-the-media-gatekeepers-n2221769

Media gatekeepers

NJ Stinks
09-26-2016, 12:56 AM
This article is preaching to who? You and others here who already drink from the same cup?

If this smug writer is right, Trump should breeze in November. We'll see soon enough....

JustRalph
09-26-2016, 10:22 AM
This article is preaching to who? You and others here who already drink from the same cup?

If this smug writer is right, Trump should breeze in November. We'll see soon enough....

I think he's wrong. He's 2-5 years ahead of himself. Things could change....

mostpost
09-26-2016, 08:17 PM
http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2016/09/22/were-laughing-at-the-selfdestruction-of-the-media-gatekeepers-n2221769

Media gatekeepers
After reading that article, I had to wash my computer.What a bunch of disgusting dreck. What a self righteous p%^*(. His so called alternative media is nothing more than a propaganda machine for the Republican Party.

If you want facts and somewhat unbiased presentation of those facts, go to the mainstream media. Except for Fox News. If you prefer lies and BS, read Kurt Schlicter at Townhall.

Tom
09-26-2016, 09:54 PM
After reading that article, I had to wash my computer.What a bunch of disgusting dreck. What a self righteous p%^*(. His so called alternative media is nothing more than a propaganda machine for the Republican Party.

If you want facts and somewhat unbiased presentation of those facts, go to the mainstream media. Except for Fox News. If you prefer lies and BS, read Kurt Schlicter at Townhall.

Compares closely to CNN, PMSNBC......

Jess Hawsen Arown
10-01-2016, 11:06 PM

Media gatekeepers

The author really nailed it. You can tell how accurate an article is by how much it upsets the libloons.

woodtoo
10-02-2016, 07:55 AM

Touched a nerve did he. :lol: Yes, enough to scamper to your safe zone, Lame Stream Media. :p

classhandicapper
10-02-2016, 09:49 AM
He's overstating the case, but I think he's generally correct. People know the mainstream media is in the tank and full of crap on everything. They also know it's heavily biased to the left. So they are looking for alternative sources hoping to find information and opinions that are being censored by the mainstream. I spend a lot of time on libertarian political sites and Austrian economics sites. I have for a very long time.

The problem is that Facebook, Google, and Twitter are now all fighting back by using technology to make it harder to find alternate sources and by banning people with politically incorrect opinions.

We used to have free speech.

They took some of that that away by attacking and destroying people if they expressed a politically incorrect opinion publicly. You're job, career, or business could be at stake if you said the wrong thing.

The totalitarians have now taken another step.

They are banning sources and making them harder to find so you can't even read it.

People don't understand how intrinsically evil all this censorship and political correctness is. One of the cornerstones of our country that made it great was free speech. That means protecting unpopular speech!!! Popular speech does not need protection. If you are censoring and attacking speech and destroying the people that say unpopular things, it's not free.

HalvOnHorseracing
10-02-2016, 10:03 AM
I thought the article was pretty funny myself. I mean, I laughed.

The more important point is that anyone with an extreme point of view and access to the internet can find others with a like view.

Jess Hawsen Arown
10-02-2016, 10:13 AM
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
― William F. Buckley Jr.

classhandicapper
10-02-2016, 10:43 AM
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
― William F. Buckley Jr.

Those were the good old days.

Now they try to suppress and destroy opposing views.