PDA

View Full Version : Jose Fernandez

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-25-2016, 09:44 AM
If you follow baseball, you knew Jose Fernandez. His death is a tragedy -- only 24 years old. I truly feel sick to my stomach. Very sad.

magwell
09-25-2016, 10:22 AM
Absolutely heartbreaking :(

Valuist
09-25-2016, 11:12 AM
Absolutely shocking news. He was on a track for a Hall of Fame career.

Marshall Bennett
09-25-2016, 12:13 PM
Horrible news. Premier pitcher with a future. Also gave a lot to his community.
Rest in Peace tough guy.

NJ Stinks
09-25-2016, 01:11 PM
So sad.

Life can be so unfair.

MutuelClerk
09-25-2016, 03:29 PM
Stunned.

Sad.

So fun to watch.

R.I.P.

Tor Ekman
09-25-2016, 04:02 PM
Cruel irony for him to die on the water having endured multiple attempts to escape Cuba by boat, finally succeeding by way of Mexico, and even, when just 15 years old, jumping into the surf on that last journey to rescue his mother who had gone overboard. RIP

JustRalph
10-29-2016, 06:15 PM
Cocaine and alcohol in his system

Change anything?

thaskalos
10-29-2016, 07:22 PM

Change anything?
Just, everything.

manuelinbmw
10-29-2016, 07:23 PM
I just read an article today about him, it is sad so much potential wasted.

Inner Dirt
10-30-2016, 08:54 AM

Change anything?

I think that was a given for anyone with boating experience, jettys are close to shore and in many areas inside the no wake zone where you are supposed to go slow, there are jettys, buoys, piers, and other obstacles close to shore. Hauling butt close to shore in a boat at night is not only highly stupid, it is also illegal in most places. Also you can get in the same amount of legal trouble operating a boat under the influence and or recklessly as a car.

Jess Hawsen Arown
10-30-2016, 10:04 AM
Just, everything.

Strongly agree.

stuball
10-30-2016, 10:13 AM
And now for the rest of the story....blah blah blah= sad ending
:(

Robert Fischer
10-30-2016, 10:39 AM
We're talking speed-boating around south beach in the middle of the night, right?

Life is short.

Who the hell speed boats around south beach without trying some good coke?

Marshall Bennett
10-30-2016, 12:30 PM
Yes it's heartbreaking. My level of sympathy tends to drop some however when the victim(s) use dope and break the law. Can't remember who was driving, but they not only killed themselves, they killed the other two. Being a high profile ballplayer doesn't make it one bit easier on the families.
Rest in Peace.

MutuelClerk
10-30-2016, 05:00 PM
It seemed to me alcohol was 2-5 to be in his and all their systems. The coke is disappointing. Shame, great young talent. Life in the fast lane......RIP

elysiantraveller
10-30-2016, 05:53 PM
We're talking speed-boating around south beach in the middle of the night, right?

Life is short.

Who the hell speed boats around south beach without trying some good coke?

Well...duh...?

Was also my reaction to hearing the news.

JustRalph
10-30-2016, 06:19 PM
Yes it's heartbreaking. My level of sympathy tends to drop some however when the victim(s) use dope and break the law. Can't remember who was driving, but they not only killed themselves, they killed the other two. Being a high profile ballplayer doesn't make it one bit easier on the families.
Rest in Peace.

They can't prove who was driving. The other victims families have hired lawyers to sue his estate, but they need to know who was driving the boat.

They may or not figure it out. In a car accident it's easier. Reconstructionist have less to work with in a boat. I once figured out a driver by collecting a tiny piece of jean cloth that the doctor cleaned out of a knee wound, then matching it to the piece of meat and jeans hanging on the dashboard under the steering wheel. Luckily the other guy was wearing khaki. :lol: