PDA

View Full Version : Whomever said anything about Parx being a second rate track...

thespaah
09-24-2016, 11:15 PM
Is SPOT ON...
So, the track does not offer a Superfecta wager on the 12th race which just so happened to be the PA Derby...A full field of 12.....
The running order had 10-1, followed by a 5-1, 61-1 and 22-1
Meanwhile, in their infinite wisdom, the track offers a SFC on the previous race, the Cotillion which started 6 with an odds on favorite which was there for a 'pari-mutuel workout'...And guess what happens the SFC pool was $120k of which the track took $36k( 30% takeout) and the dime super paid....EIGHTY FIVE cents......So.....Who is asleep at the wheel? Who's decision was it to keep the betting schedule as is and who was it that did not notice that the Super was a crappy bet on a six horse field and leave out one for a field of 12 in Grade 2 event.....Perhaps the right question is "who should be fired first?"....
BTW, Keith Jones, announcer at Parx seemingly forever, still getting it done.
He may not be the best, but he's got a good voice, is easy to understand, doesn't get too emotional. Steady....

EasyGoer89
09-24-2016, 11:33 PM
Pa derby super paid 1269 for a dime.

thespaah
09-25-2016, 12:09 AM
Pa derby super paid 1269 for a dime.
was not listed in the equibase charts..
I could have missed it..I will look again...
Anyway, the point is, why have a super wager on a field of 6..No logic there.
Nope..Not listed.
Here's the equibase chart.....I guess equibase dropped the ball here.
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/PRX092416USA11.pdf
Ok./......Its not in the drf.com results either.....
http://www.drf.com/race-results/tracks/PRX/country/USA/date/09-24-2016

Bigadam119
09-25-2016, 02:00 AM
BTW, Keith Jones, announcer at Parx seemingly forever, still getting it done. He may not be the best, but he's got a good voice, is easy to understand, doesn't get too emotional. Steady....

I think Keith is a very good race caller. He could move on to bigger and better tracks if he choose too.

castaway01
09-25-2016, 08:34 AM
was not listed in the equibase charts..
I could have missed it..I will look again...
Anyway, the point is, why have a super wager on a field of 6..No logic there.
Nope..Not listed.
Here's the equibase chart.....I guess equibase dropped the ball here.
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/PRX092416USA11.pdf
Ok./......Its not in the drf.com results either.....
http://www.drf.com/race-results/tracks/PRX/country/USA/date/09-24-2016

The point is that you were totally wrong on your original point. Probably should put your tail between your legs and walk away, but yet you keep on going. Maybe if you knew the PA Derby was the 11th and not the 12th?
Another stellar post in a long line of stellar posts by you.

This was a great racecard and day of racing with plenty of opportunities to make money. If you're going to be a bitch, at least bitch correctly.

titans1127
09-25-2016, 08:59 AM
There was a super on the PA Derby...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/titans1127/Screen%20Shot%202016-09-25%20at%208.56.52%20AM.png

KingChas
09-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Want to check out a sore loser,read Joel's comment at the bottom of the page.

http://www.drf.com/news/connect-outshines-big-name-stars-pennsylvania-derby

pandy
09-25-2016, 11:12 AM
I like Parx, although I only bet exactas, win, or the doubles because of the high takeout. When I was getting rebates I bet the trifectas, too. What I like most about Parx, it's a sustained track. Yesterday there was only one wire to wire winner on the card, in a 6f sprint.

CincyHorseplayer
09-25-2016, 12:43 PM
Exactly Pandy. Don't make bets where the takeout rapes you. I find good bets at square prices on both turf and dirt. The facility and some of the takeouts aren't as ideal as other places but the outcomes predictable and prices IMO without any research just as good. I play where I can win and feel confident more often than not in the results. Parx is one place.

therussmeister
09-25-2016, 01:54 PM
I like Parx, although I only bet exactas, win, or the doubles because of the high takeout. When I was getting rebates I bet the trifectas, too. What I like most about Parx, it's a sustained track. Yesterday there was only one wire to wire winner on the card, in a 6f sprint.
Several years ago when I was almost exclusively a trifecta player I decided I would only play exactas at Parx due to the takeout. After several days of this I reviewed my results and found I cost myself several hundred dollars by playing exactas instead of trifectas.

ReplayRandall
09-25-2016, 01:57 PM
Several years ago when I was almost exclusively a trifecta player I decided I would only play exactas at Parx due to the takeout. After several days of this I reviewed my results and found I cost myself several hundred dollars by playing exactas instead of trifectas.
And now you're a superfecta grinder?

dilanesp
09-25-2016, 05:03 PM
I think Keith is a very good race caller. He could move on to bigger and better tracks if he choose too.

HELLO!

thespaah
09-25-2016, 10:19 PM
The point is that you were totally wrong on your original point. Probably should put your tail between your legs and walk away, but yet you keep on going. Maybe if you knew the PA Derby was the 11th and not the 12th?

This was a great racecard and day of racing with plenty of opportunities to make money. If you're going to be a bitch, at least bitch correctly.
Hey, why the personal attack?
Ya know what. forget it. The charts state there was no super on the PA Derby. You failed to come up with data that supports your claim.
Now, if you feel the desire to make this personal, have the stones to PM me.
Otherwise, take your temper elsewhere.

thespaah
09-25-2016, 10:21 PM
There was a super on the PA Derby...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/titans1127/Screen%20Shot%202016-09-25%20at%208.56.52%20AM.png
Sorry. I looked at both the equibase and drf.com charts. Neither site reported it. The links are above in my previous posts.
Now, how is it I am getting flamed here for going on the information available?

thespaah
09-25-2016, 10:49 PM

BTW, if you don't like what I post, something at which I am MUCH better than you, don't read or respond.
I did not insult you. Nor did I address you.
BTW, you'd be surprised how what comes around goes around.
We are adults here. Get it?

EMD4ME
09-26-2016, 06:41 AM
Usual sniper attack by Castaway and then when his target fights back, castaway is no where to be found .

You made a simple critique of a second rate track based upon info from a credible source(s) and the information was incorrect.

It happens. You shouldn't be murdered for it. But those errors are what some posters here look for , so they can come in and blast away.

Put him on ignore SPA. Mentally and physically.

Redboard
09-26-2016, 09:48 AM

I can understand that, but I just can’t bring myself to support such an insane takeout. I was looking at the Cotillion ; it was a virtual lock that 5-Songbird would win and that 1-Carina Mia and 2-Catheryn Sophia would get either second or third. An exacta of 5 / 1,2 wouldn’t pay much (it ended up 4-1). But an tri of 5/ 1,2 / 1,2 might be worth it(5.4 – 1). I ended up passing on the race because I just couldn’t bring myself to bet the tri at PARX. I guess from your perspective, I lost money.

cj
09-26-2016, 09:55 AM

Completely out of line.

thespaah
09-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Usual sniper attack by Castaway and then when his target fights back, castaway is no where to be found .

You made a simple critique of a second rate track based upon info from a credible source(s) and the information was incorrect.

It happens. You shouldn't be murdered for it. But those errors are what some posters here look for , so they can come in and blast away.

Put him on ignore SPA. Mentally and physically.
Thanks.....And I let PA know about it thru a PM....
I was rather taken aback at that guy's reaction.
I will tell you this. There must be some pretty bored people that if all they have to do with themselves is cruise these message boards looking for errors or misstatements so they can have their "ooh ooh pick me" moment.
Or they have this undying need to feel as though they MUST be the smartest person in the room..
Anyway, Thanks for having my back here.

thespaah
09-26-2016, 09:05 PM
Completely out of line.
Thanks cj.....Appreciate it much

PaceAdvantage
09-27-2016, 02:32 PM
Completely out of line.Agree

castaway01
09-27-2016, 05:34 PM
Sorry, my father passed away last week and it hasn't been the easiest time for me. Feel free to delete my post if it offends anyone. It certainly doesn't matter right now.

castaway01
09-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Is SPOT ON...
So, the track does not offer a Superfecta wager on the 12th race which just so happened to be the PA Derby...A full field of 12.....
The running order had 10-1, followed by a 5-1, 61-1 and 22-1
Meanwhile, in their infinite wisdom, the track offers a SFC on the previous race, the Cotillion which started 6 with an odds on favorite which was there for a 'pari-mutuel workout'...And guess what happens the SFC pool was $120k of which the track took $36k( 30% takeout) and the dime super paid....EIGHTY FIVE cents......So.....Who is asleep at the wheel? Who's decision was it to keep the betting schedule as is and who was it that did not notice that the Super was a crappy bet on a six horse field and leave out one for a field of 12 in Grade 2 event.....Perhaps the right question is "who should be fired first?"....
BTW, Keith Jones, announcer at Parx seemingly forever, still getting it done.
He may not be the best, but he's got a good voice, is easy to understand, doesn't get too emotional. Steady....

Sorry, I was wrong to talk to you that way. My father passed away this week so it's been rough, but I shouldn't take it out on others. I can't delete my previous post but I just wanted to publicly apologize.

whodoyoulike
09-27-2016, 07:49 PM
Sorry, I was wrong to talk to you that way. My father passed away this week so it's been rough, but I shouldn't take it out on others. I can't delete my previous post but I just wanted to publicly apologize.

My condolences that's one of the rough ones to get thru especially if you were both close. Hopefully, you were able to spend some quality time together. I continue to think about mine which occurred many years ago.

Alwaysonpoint36
09-27-2016, 08:43 PM

Sorry to hear castaway.

thespaah
09-27-2016, 11:56 PM
My condolences on your loss.
I'd like to think of us as a loosely knit family here.
Goodness knows this sport this sport is struggling to maintain interest.
We really should not be hostile to ourselves.
I consider the matter closed.
How about we start anew, yes?

EMD4ME
09-28-2016, 01:30 AM
Sorry, my father passed away last week and it hasn't been the easiest time for me. Feel free to delete my post if it offends anyone. It certainly doesn't matter right now.

Castaway01, and whatever your real name is, my deepest condolences for your loss. You and only you know exactly what you feel and how you feel BUT please don't feel like you are alone....Although none of us could ever feel exactly what you feel and how you feel it, we all/most have experienced the same and sympathize for your time of grief.

Without knowing you or your dad, I am SURE your dad was awesome in so many ways. You will one day be counted on to carry his legacy, spirit, passions, loves, wishes and aspirations ON.

Please cherish that role when it comes and know it exists. It's an ironic blessing to be in that role....

We are here to listen, whenever you choose to speak/if you choose to speak.

Deepest sympathies......

Our spats are nothing compared to real life.

lamboguy
09-28-2016, 02:04 AM
my sympathy and white light goes out to you, your family and his close friends.

PaceAdvantage
09-29-2016, 01:18 PM
Sorry, I was wrong to talk to you that way. My father passed away this week so it's been rough, but I shouldn't take it out on others. I can't delete my previous post but I just wanted to publicly apologize.Very sorry to hear about your father. My sympathies to you and your family.

HuggingTheRail
09-29-2016, 01:24 PM
Castaway, you have my best wishes and sympathy, as does your family.