PDA

View Full Version : Gallardo

EMD4ME
09-24-2016, 10:50 AM
He's riding at Belmont today.

Is he staying permanently? Or at least trying to?

VigorsTheGrey
09-24-2016, 11:21 AM

Don't know but wouldn't think so...top jock wins a lot of races...does he currently follow a circuit of tracks? Seems to have good connections.....

EMD4ME
09-24-2016, 11:23 AM
Don't know but wouldn't think so...top jock wins a lot of races...does he currently follow a circuit of tracks? Seems to have good connections.....

Don't follow him that close but he does ride at Presque Isle and Tampa.

Obviously a break between Presque and Tampa right now. Just wondering.

gheuks
09-24-2016, 11:24 AM
I'm gonna guess he is there because a lot of the top jocks are at parx and laurel today.

EMD4ME
09-24-2016, 11:28 AM
I'm gonna guess he is there because a lot of the top jocks are at parx and laurel today.

That does make sense. Only 16 jocks in the room today at Belmont. Some of them weak, maybe taking avdvantage of some thin ness in talent at Bel today.

rrpic6
09-24-2016, 11:29 AM
Gallardo has and still is riding at Presque Isle during the week. He usually is at Monmouth during the weekends.

RR

ReplayRandall
09-24-2016, 12:16 PM

I see this as a HUGE audition today for this very talented rider. If he can't strike with a least one win, without some of the big boys riding today at Belmont, such as Castellano, Jose Ortiz, Carmouche and Franco, then Gallardo really should just stay where he currently rides.....BTW, he has 5 mounts instead of 7 now, as a couple were scratched.

ReplayRandall
09-24-2016, 03:12 PM
I see this as a HUGE audition today for this very talented rider. If he can't strike with a least one win, without some of the big boys riding today at Belmont, such as Castellano, Jose Ortiz, Carmouche and Franco, then Gallardo really should just stay where he currently rides.....BTW, he has 5 mounts instead of 7 now, as a couple were scratched.
That's the first winner for Gallardo:

Belmont Park #4- :4: Kharafa-1st- 7.50-3.50

EMD4ME
09-24-2016, 04:34 PM

I always welcome any unrelated new blood to NYRA.

The more the better/bettor!

ReplayRandall
09-24-2016, 04:53 PM
That's the second winner for Gallardo, this one at a BIG price:

Belmont Park #7- :9: Sadler's Joy- 1st- 32.60-12.40

EMD4ME
09-24-2016, 05:06 PM
That's the second winner for Gallardo, this one at a BIG price:

Belmont Park #7- :9: Sadler's Joy- 1st- 32.60-12.40

:jump: :jump: :jump:

Robert Fischer
09-24-2016, 05:21 PM
valour - when you get a chance and you have confidence and courage

FrankieFigs
09-30-2016, 03:37 AM
Just read in Bloodhorse Daily that he is headed to the west coast at the end of the Presque Isle meet. If he stays there the entire winter it will certainly change things at Tampa Downs.

I like it that he is getting out of his comfort zone and taking a chance to go after the big bucks. I wish him well!!

EMD4ME
09-30-2016, 06:56 AM
I wish him the best as well. Although, I was hoping for him to ship to.the NY scene

lamboguy
09-30-2016, 07:27 AM
I wish him the best as well. Although, I was hoping for him to ship to.the NY scenehe has a great agent with Mike Moran. Anthony has enough business now to ride a full meet in Gulfstream if he chooses to go there after the Bing Crosby meet in San Diego.-

therussmeister
10-01-2016, 05:27 PM
An abrupt change of plans. He's headed to NY without his agent.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/215480/leading-jockey-gallardo-heads-to-new-york?source=rss

SuperPickle
10-01-2016, 05:53 PM
An abrupt change of plans. He's headed to NY without his agent.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/215480/leading-jockey-gallardo-heads-to-new-york?source=rss

A much better idea. I doubt he'll stick come spring but he can clean up in the winter and go back to the mid-Atlantic/presque isle.

How many jockeys have to fail in SoCal before guys realize it's a bad move.

whodoyoulike
10-01-2016, 06:26 PM
A much better idea. I doubt he'll stick come spring but he can clean up in the winter and go back to the mid-Atlantic/presque isle.

How many jockeys have to fail in SoCal before guys realize it's a bad move.

The SoCal jockey colony has always been (as long as I can remember) one if not the toughest group to compete against. Btw, I'm unfamiliar with this jockey.

ReplayRandall
10-01-2016, 07:19 PM
The SoCal jockey colony has always been (as long as I can remember) one if not the toughest group to compete against. Btw, I'm unfamiliar with this jockey.

Just read posts #1 thru 17......It's who we've been talking about from the start of the thread.....All the info you want to know about Gallardo.

whodoyoulike
10-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Just read posts #1 thru 17......It's who we've been talking about from the start of the thread.....All the info you want to know about Gallardo.

I've never seen any of his rides or if I have, he never caught my attention.

I did read the two BH articles. And, my comment regarding the SoCal jockey colony over time is strictly mine.

ReplayRandall
10-01-2016, 07:51 PM
I've never seen any of his rides or if I have, he never caught my attention.

I did read the two BH articles. And, my comment regarding the SoCal jockey colony over time is strictly mine.

Now the talented Gallardo will stick in your mind.....Consider it a gift.

elhelmete
10-01-2016, 08:16 PM
His overlays at Tampa were my best bets.

Damn, word's out....

EMD4ME
10-01-2016, 09:19 PM
I wish him the best as well. Although, I was hoping for him to ship to.the NY scene

See how much pull I have ? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Glad this happened...Plus he gets Javier's newly ex agent. Recipe for a strong impact.

pele polo
10-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Not so sure I'm sold, even at the aqueduct winter meet.

no breathalyzer
10-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Not so sure I'm sold, even at the aqueduct winter meet.

trust me.. he gets any can of stock he will hold his own very sharp rider

EMD4ME
10-01-2016, 09:52 PM
trust me.. he gets any can of stock he will hold his own very sharp rider

I'd love to see him bat 25% and annoy the crap out of Irad and Jose.

no breathalyzer
10-01-2016, 10:24 PM
I'd love to see him bat 25% and annoy the crap out of Irad and Jose.

you know more then most that is a very hard task to do in NY atm

EMD4ME
10-01-2016, 10:57 PM
you know more then most that is a very hard task to do in NY atm

Yes and that's why I want it. Because that would be difficult.

EMD4ME
10-01-2016, 10:58 PM

Almost every racing thread I check, it has your name attached to 'although I'm unfamiliar with XXXX'.

What the heck ARE you familiar with in racing???

whodoyoulike
10-01-2016, 11:20 PM
[/B]

Almost every racing thread I check, it has your name attached to 'although I'm unfamiliar with XXXX'.

What the heck ARE you familiar with in racing???

This is getting ridiculously too easy to provide my frequent response towards your questions. By the way, SoCal as used in my posts refers to Southern California.

EMD4ME
10-01-2016, 11:21 PM
This is getting ridiculously too easy to provide my frequent response towards your questions. By the way, SoCal as used in my posts refers to Southern California.

WOW. You went out on a LIMB there. :rolleyes: :lol:

Robert Fischer
10-19-2016, 01:34 PM
In his comfort zone. Slowly starting to get some contenders.

HuggingTheRail
10-19-2016, 02:15 PM
Most races - he will be 9 lengths ahead of the Ortiz's in the opening 1/4 mile :p

Robert Fischer
10-19-2016, 03:55 PM
In race 8 today, Gallardo has the long shot :4: Weekend Express.

If the :2: Bay of Plenty presses the pace-setting :6:, The race may set up for a final 1-run rush.

I threw him on a ticket.

Robert Fischer
10-22-2016, 12:33 PM
$70 Winner in race 1 today.

bugboy off, Gallardo on

Garyinseattle
10-22-2016, 12:36 PM

bugboy off, Gallardo on

Is he going back to Tampa in Dec or is he gonna try winter in NYRA ?

He would be nuts to leave Tampa.....he basically owned that track. I believe he has a brother the rides. Maybe they could ride in races together and rig em....I read somewhere that has been done before. :)

EMD4ME
10-22-2016, 01:43 PM

He would be nuts to leave Tampa.....he basically owned that track. I believe he has a brother the rides. Maybe they could ride in races together and rig em....I read somewhere that has been done before. :)

You read replays? :lol: :lol:

Garyinseattle
10-22-2016, 01:49 PM
I forgot where I read that nonsense.

jk3521
10-22-2016, 03:21 PM

bugboy off, Gallardo on

A new angle.. Jomar Torres off.

jk3521
10-22-2016, 03:39 PM
A new angle.. Jomar Torres off.

A couple weeks ago trainer Ubillo, who used Torres almost exclusively, switched to Johnny V. for a win. The kid hasn't cut it here.

rrpic6
10-24-2016, 07:04 PM

Talking to some Trainers that are starting to file in at Mahoning Valley. Rumor is that Gallardo's new agent is on the cusp of having him ride for Chad Brown during the Gulfstream meet.

RR

BELMONT 6-6-09
10-24-2016, 08:27 PM
Most races - he will be 9 lengths ahead of the Ortiz's in the opening 1/4 mile :p

Took the words right out of my mouth!!!!

the little guy
10-24-2016, 08:38 PM
A couple weeks ago trainer Ubillo, who used Torres almost exclusively, switched to Johnny V. for a win. The kid hasn't cut it here.

I would guess, and this is just me guessing, that was an owner's decision.

Torres seemed like he had real potential when he came here. That seems like a long time ago. He has become a major detriment to his mounts. It's too bad. He seems like a really good kid.

BELMONT 6-6-09
10-24-2016, 08:40 PM
I would guess, and this is just me guessing, that was an owner's decision.

Torres seemed like he had real potential when he came here. That seems like a long time ago. He has become a major detriment to his mounts. It's too bad. He seems like a really good kid.

Andy do you think he needs a change in venue, perhaps a lower circuit?

the little guy
10-24-2016, 08:41 PM
Talking to some Trainers that are starting to file in at Mahoning Valley. Rumor is that Gallardo's new agent is on the cusp of having him ride for Chad Brown during the Gulfstream meet.

RR

He already is riding for Chad Brown at Belmont. I am sure he will ride some for him at Gulfstream. However, it's not as though Chad attacks Gulfstream the way Todd Pletcher does.

the little guy
10-24-2016, 08:42 PM
Andy do you think he needs a change in venue, perhaps a lower circuit?

Yes. He's pretty tall ( well, to me, everyone is ), so I wonder if weight will become an issue for him.

BELMONT 6-6-09
10-24-2016, 08:45 PM
Yes. He's pretty tall ( well, to me, everyone is ), so I wonder if weight will become an issue for him.

Tough profession to break into with all of the obstacles and bad habits a young rider can be susceptible to.

the little guy
10-24-2016, 08:51 PM
Tough profession to break into with all of the obstacles and bad habits a young rider can be susceptible to.

He seems like a really nice kid. It's a tough job, and making it in NY, even as an apprentice with the benefit of live mounts, takes real skill. Unfortunately, whether it's a loss of confidence or something else, he just doesn't seem to have it anymore.

I always admired that Jackie Davis chose to leave NY and ride on lesser circuits ( Suffolk was one ) when she was starting. She was able to get live mounts out of town and gain valuable experience and give herself a chance to succeed. I think it's tough for some people to make that choice, even though ultimately it is in their best interests. Jose Ortiz, I believe, started out riding at Parx.

BELMONT 6-6-09
10-24-2016, 08:55 PM
He seems like a really nice kid. It's a tough job, and making it in NY, even as an apprentice with the benefit of live mounts, takes real skill. Unfortunately, whether it's a loss of confidence or something else, he just doesn't seem to have it anymore.

I always admired that Jackie Davis chose to leave NY and ride on lesser circuits ( Suffolk was one ) when she was starting. She was able to get live mounts out of town and gain valuable experience and give herself a chance to succeed. I think it's tough for some people to make that choice, even though ultimately it is in their best interests. Jose Ortiz, I believe, started out riding at Parx.

To use a baseball analogy do you feel it's beneficial for a young jock to move to a lesser circuit and gain the skills needed for a career similar to a rookie ball player going to triple A for some needed experience and confidence building?

the little guy
10-24-2016, 08:59 PM
To use a baseball analogy do you feel it's beneficial for a young jock to move to a lesser circuit and gain the skills needed for a career similar to a rookie ball player going to triple A for some needed experience and confidence building?

In general. They need to be somewhere they can ride. If they can get the business in NY, fine, but otherwise they need to allow themselves a chance to succeed.

BELMONT 6-6-09
10-24-2016, 09:01 PM
In general. They need to be somewhere they can ride. If they can get the business in NY, fine, but otherwise they need to allow themselves a chance to succeed.

Makes sense. Thanks Andy and enjoy your last week at Belmont!

rsetup
10-24-2016, 09:34 PM
I was reading some of this and immediately thought of the 'ride' on Blue Pigeon. This is Frankie Labocetta Jr. like. You can't fix it. It's not only that he can't ride HIS horse but nothing else in the race is safe either.

aliancia
10-25-2016, 01:57 PM
Harry Hernandez is a good example. He went to Finger Lakes, is closing in on 400 mounts, has won 60-plus races, and is 5th in the money-won standings.

ReplayRandall
12-01-2016, 12:09 AM
Antonio Gallardo and Jose Ortiz will be riding at Gulfstream's Championship Meet, which starts Saturday December 3. We'll see if they both decide to stay in FLA, or come back to the AQU-Inner meet.....

FYI- Gallardo has 8 mounts, Jose has 10 mounts.

the little guy
12-01-2016, 12:20 AM
Gallardo is riding at Gulfstream all meet, and Jose Ortiz is riding at Aqueduct.

Arapola
12-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Andy will you be wintering at GP again?
If so, I'm looking forward to the Meet!

EMD4ME
12-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Gallardo is riding at Gulfstream all meet, and Jose Ortiz is riding at Aqueduct.

Wonderful , a double whammy of glorious news :bang:

If today's 1st was an example of what to expect, chapter 7 here I come.

the little guy
12-01-2016, 07:48 PM
Andy will you be wintering at GP again?
If so, I'm looking forward to the Meet!

I'll be at Aqueduct

SG4
12-01-2016, 10:22 PM

Are the plans for Irad Ortiz known yet as well? Any other jocks you know of sticking around NY for the winter which may be surprising? I don't think anything tops the surprise that you'll be calling the inner track home this winter, Gulfstream meet won't be the same.

EMD4ME
12-01-2016, 10:23 PM
I'll be at Aqueduct

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

upthecreek
02-03-2018, 11:19 AM
Anybody take notice he won 6 races yesterday @Tam, for I believe 6 different Trainers, and a couple paid $20+ And 2 pick 3's paying $194 and $53 for a buck

cj
02-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Still impressive, but I think it was five wins.

upthecreek
02-03-2018, 12:14 PM
Still impressive, but I think it was five wins.

You're right I thought he won the 5th as well 👍 I sit corrected.😁