PDA

View Full Version : Just when everyone has pretty much forgotten him

Burls
09-23-2016, 05:40 PM
http://www.npr.org/2016/09/23/495211893/after-bitter-primary-fight-ted-cruz-to-back-donald-trump

Rafael Edward Cruz tries to worm his way back into the picture.

barahona44
09-23-2016, 06:46 PM
If Trump does win and wreck his future presidential plans, Teddy Bear can always go to Plan B,and run for prime minister of Canada. :)

ArlJim78
09-23-2016, 06:51 PM
yeah whatever. I still think he's a snake. Wouldn't it have been a lot easier for everyone if he would have announced this at the convention, like everyone else did? It would have been more effective and he wouldn't have been unceremoniously booed off the stage.

In his FB post he says he has done months of soul searching to come to this decision which he say was based on two things, 1) His pledge that he signed last year to support the nominee, and 2) How horrible a Clinton presidency would be for the country.
Excuse me, but if he is such a principled genius why did it take him months of soul searching to make this decision? He's a liar, it was his ego that got in the way.

JustRalph
09-23-2016, 07:20 PM
Reice Priebus announced that anybody who doesn't go with Trump publicly won't be allowed to run next time.

Thus this horseshit

barahona44
09-23-2016, 07:57 PM
Reice Priebus announced that anybody who doesn't go with Trump publicly won't be allowed to run next time.

Thus this horseshit
The GOP plays "Mother, May I?"?
No wonder they've lost the popular vote in 5 of the 6 elections and can't get a leg up on the worst Democratic candidate in decades

fast4522
09-23-2016, 08:07 PM
The GOP plays "Mother, May I?"?
No wonder they've lost the popular vote in 5 of the 6 elections and can't get a leg up on the worst Democratic candidate in decades

The country is split down the middle, she gets beat they both go to prison.

reckless
09-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Just a couple of thoughts on all this ...

Who the hell needs Ted Cruz' endorsement anyway...? His future as a national candidate is over.

I have heard thru the grapevine here in Pennsylvania that the GOP is all set to primary Cruz in 2018. Maybe someone in our Texas delegation such as JustRalph could shed more light on this matter. If that is so, it will benefit Cruz to endorse Trump. It might stop the establishment GOP from running Rick Perry against him in two years.

All this most certainly wouldn't surprise me because I had read earlier that Cruz was in fact losing some of his conservative supporters back home.

Maybe.... Trump really wanted an endorsement from Cruz and promised him either a Supreme Court nomination of a high Cabinet post such as Atty General for it. It looks like that latter job will not go to Chris Christie now due to Bridge Gate. It could also mean Lester Holt can't say to Trump in the debate on Monday: 'Mr. Trump, Cruz, Kasich, the Bushes all are not endorsing you. How can you expect to win without the full and total support from all these GOP leaders?" Or stupidity to that effect.

fast4522
09-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Jon Kasich now has fleas, Nafta loving SOB

barahona44
09-23-2016, 09:47 PM
Just a couple of thoughts on all this ...

Who the hell needs Ted Cruz' endorsement anyway...? His future as a national candidate is over.

I have heard thru the grapevine here in Pennsylvania that the GOP is all set to primary Cruz in 2018. Maybe someone in our Texas delegation such as JustRalph could shed more light on this matter. If that is so, it will benefit Cruz to endorse Trump. It might stop the establishment GOP from running Rick Perry against him in two years.

All this most certainly wouldn't surprise me because I had read earlier that Cruz was in fact losing some of his conservative supporters back home.

Maybe.... Trump really wanted an endorsement from Cruz and promised him either a Supreme Court nomination of a high Cabinet post such as Atty General for it. It looks like that latter job will not go to Chris Christie now due to Bridge Gate. It could also mean Lester Holt can't say to Trump in the debate on Monday: 'Mr. Trump, Cruz, Kasich, the Bushes all are not endorsing you. How can you expect to win without the full and total support from all these GOP leaders?" Or stupidity to that effect.
What type of questions should Lester Holt be asking of Donald Trump?GOP establishment holding Trump at arms length is a legitimate issue if Trump expects to get anything accomplished with Congress.

johnhannibalsmith
09-23-2016, 11:42 PM
What type of questions should Lester Holt be asking...

When do we go live with the Backstreet Boys? What animal video has gone viral overnight? How in the hell did I get selected to ask political questions in a debate with a resume as the former odd-man out host of the Today Show turned Nightly News regular when the legend of Brian Williams cratered?

Tom
09-24-2016, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by barahona44
What type of questions should Lester Holt be asking...

Policy questions.
National security, the economy, the race crisis Obama is leaving behind him, the failure of almost every major city in the country. the failing infrastructure, cyber attacks and our seemingly total inability to protect our systems.

Real things that have real consequences.
Nothing at all political.

Lester has a record of integrity, in spite of who he works for.I think he will do fine. I would choose him over the FOX ditzy, Megan.