PDA

View Full Version : A Dem flips.....

JustRalph
09-22-2016, 05:03 PM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/party-loyalty-cant-make-me-vote-for-clinton-1474498244

Interesting read......from a Dem for Trump

mostpost
09-22-2016, 07:43 PM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/party-loyalty-cant-make-me-vote-for-clinton-1474498244

That is not a Democrat. That article could have been written by anyone of the Cons on this board.
But I believe my party has become the party of the elites and moneyed class and has deserted its historic mission as the party of the working class and disadvantaged.
Same crap you hear ad naseum on this board

He is for strong pro-growth policies like reducing the marginal and corporate tax rates and eliminating thousands of job-killing and business-stifling regulations, the biggest of which is ObamaCare.

I did not realize that it was the Democratic Party that was in favor of reducing corporate taxes and eliminating regulations. Obviously, I am confused because I thought it was the Republicans who were trying to repeal Obamacare.

Mr. Trump is also for rebuilding the military, which has been decimated by Obama’s dangerous cuts and sequestration.
Democrats don't think Obama has cut the military dangerously and sequestration was forced on us by the Republicans.

Unlike Hillary Clinton, he will not allow tens of thousands of immigrants who cannot be vetted properly to come to the U.S.
Anti-immigrant is absolutely a Republican position.

Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, is the personification of the establishment and status quo. She voted for the war in Iraq and supported the Iran nuclear deal, two of the worst, and most-dangerous, mistakes in American foreign policy during my lifetime.
Help me out here. Which party is it that has kittens every time the Iran Nuclear treaty is mentioned. Oh yeah, it's the Republicans.

The whole saga of her private unsecure emails and server and the appearance of massive pay-for-play at the Clinton Foundation are also profoundly troubling.
This clown is pretending to be a Democrat? He must think we are really stupid. On the other hand he has certainly fooled you.

Her domestic record is as bad as her international one. When Mrs. Clinton was elected to the Senate, she promised to create 200,000 new jobs in upstate New York. When she left office in January 2009, the region had a net loss of 8,000 jobs. Now she promises to create 10 million new jobs in the nation. Why should we believe that she will do that, based on her failed record in New York state?
Of course Mr. Stein-our fake Democrat-conveniently forgets about the worst recession in eighty years.

Total BS.

fast4522
09-22-2016, 07:58 PM
That is not a Democrat.

Or maybe that democrat cares more about his grand kids than what you think.

NJ Stinks
09-22-2016, 08:46 PM
I'm glad Stein's father is not around to read that article. But I'm glad New York magazine was around to read it. Here's the magazine's take on Stein:

Trump Endorsed by Populist Democrat, Money Launderer Andrew Stein
By Jonathan Chait

This election cycle has seen lots and lots of Republican officials saying they can’t vote for their party’s nominee for president. Very few Democrats have said the same. But there are special cases, and Andrew Stein is one of them. In a Wall Street Journal op-ed today, Stein explains that while he is a lifelong Democrat, “I believe my party has become the party of the elites and moneyed class and has deserted its historic mission as the party of the working class and disadvantaged.” Therefore, he argues, “I believe Donald Trump will make a great president and I ask my fellow Democrats to vote for him.”

Stein, a former New York City Council president, devotes much of his op-ed to recounting his past in Democratic politics and reverence for the party’s 20th-century heroes. His affinity for Trump is not the first foray into bipartisanship for Stein, who once dated Ann Coulter. Stein’s substantive case for the Republican nominee is rather brief. He refutes the charge that Trump is a racist by asserting, “Donald Trump is no racist,” a defense that may not fully address every concern on this front. His affirmative case for Trump states, “He is for strong pro-growth policies like reducing the marginal and corporate tax rates and eliminating thousands of job-killing and business-stifling regulations, the biggest of which is ObamaCare.”

Of course, cutting taxes for the rich, deregulating business, and repealing Obamacare are policies that literally every national Republican favors. It is not clear what this has to do with helping the working class and the disadvantaged. Possibly relevant to Stein’s endorsement of Trump’s tax and regulatory policies, but unmentioned in the op-ed, is Stein’s own conviction for tax evasion as part of a money-laundering scheme. At the time of his conviction, Stein requested leniency for his crime on the grounds that he is a longtime elected official. You can see why a man who used inside connections to steal a huge sum of money and requested favorable treatment because he was an insider could become disgusted that the Democrats were now “the party of the elites and moneyed class.”

Link: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/09/trump-endorsed-by-democrat-money-launderer-andrew-stein.html

letswastemoney
09-22-2016, 08:57 PM
This race is more about globalism vs. anti-globalism than anything. I'm sure many Democrats are against illegal immigration and helping refugees, when our own citizens are dying.

Good for him.

Tom
09-22-2016, 09:02 PM
I thought all dems flipped, Ralph? :confused:

Burls
09-23-2016, 12:57 AM
Crooked Hillary and Goofy Donald are both duds in my book.
Are these two really the best leadership candidates America can come up with?

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-24-2016, 10:24 AM

Many Jews are finally realizing that this is not their father's Democratic Party any more. I am very familiar with the author and he is a lifelong Democrat.

It is simply inconceivable that there are still so many Jews who are Democrats. They are the only Democrats who don't want to see Israel pushed in to the Mediterranean and they stand shoulder to shoulder with a political party that shows it blatantly as seen at the Democratic National Convention where there were more Palestinian flags being flown than American flags (until the last day)

Tom
09-24-2016, 10:30 AM

Laurel and Hardy are dead, so......yes.

sKD9GiJVykc

reckless
09-24-2016, 10:37 AM

Burls, who do you think are better leaders and candidates that will make better presidents?

Greyfox
09-24-2016, 10:51 AM
Burls, who do you think are better leaders and candidates that will make better presidents?

Tulsi Gabbard Dem from Hawaii for one. But she's too young. Mentally she is head and shoulders above Hillary.
She's dead against some of Hillary's policies and quit co-chairing the DNC due to Wasserman-Schultz's biased approach to selecting the nominee.
She previously served in Iraq and thinks Hillary's idea of a no fly zone in Syria is outright foolish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsi_Gabbard

Greyfox
09-24-2016, 11:38 AM
This clown is pretending to be a Democrat? He must think we are really stupid.

Well....if the shoe fits....

Burls
09-24-2016, 03:06 PM
Hmmm, better than these two, now that Laurel and Hardy are gone, how about Gordon Gekko and Anthony Weiner?
Remember: The bar isn't set at good leaders, just better than Donald and Hillary.

Tom
09-24-2016, 04:55 PM
Well....if the shoe fits....

...it wouldn't fall off when she steps off the curb! :lol:

Dave Schwartz
09-24-2016, 05:07 PM
Hmmm, better than these two, now that Laurel and Hardy are gone, how about Gordon Gekko and Anthony Weiner?
Remember: The bar isn't set at good leaders, just better than Donald and Hillary.

If only we had some real campaign reform so that the bar was not held by the corporate world's lobbyists.

Clocker
09-24-2016, 05:38 PM
Of course Mr. Stein-our fake Democrat-conveniently forgets about the worst recession in eighty years.

A new study of recessions and recoveries from Harvard, that bastion of the vast right-wing conspiracy, found that historically, the deeper the recession, the greater the magnitude of the recovery. Except this one.

Harvard economist Robert Barro says the weak recovery of the Great Recession is due to the lack of growth in labor productivity, and that is attributed to Obama's policies.

The main U.S. policy used to counter the Great Recession was increased government transfer payments. Federal social benefits to persons as a ratio to GDP went from 8.7% in 2007 to 11.7% in 2010, then fell to 10.9% in 2015. The main increases applied to Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security (including disability) and food stamps, whereas unemployment insurance first rose then fell. Unfortunately, increased transfer payments do not promote productivity growth.

A normal recovery would have been encouraged by free markets, limited government regulation, efficient taxation, and sound monetary policy, none of which was provided.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/09/why-the-obama-recovery-was-so-weak.php