PDA

View Full Version : G.H.W. Bush voting for Hillary

horses4courses
09-20-2016, 08:48 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/20/politics/george-hw-bush-hillary-clinton/index.html

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/160920165209-hillary-clinton-george-hw-bush-split-medium-tease.jpg

Time to label one of your brethren as senile and obsolete.
A former Republican president declares he's voting for Hillary.
No one ever said you had to respect his opinion, right?

chadk66
09-20-2016, 08:53 PM
If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you:lol:

ReplayRandall
09-20-2016, 08:55 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/20/politics/george-hw-bush-hillary-clinton/index.html

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/160920165209-hillary-clinton-george-hw-bush-split-medium-tease.jpg

He's just being a good daddy, giving mindless retaliation for his son Jeb! getting PUNKED by Trump.....:lol::lol:

letswastemoney
09-20-2016, 09:32 PM
Bush Sr., Bill Clinton, Bush Jr., Obama, Hillary Clinton...one and all the same.

All globalists bent on bringing down the United States in order so we can participate in the global society.

Tom
09-20-2016, 09:42 PM

That is right.
You see, and I will type this s-l-o-w-l-y so you can understand it, our side has a secret weapon. We call it a brain. We think on our own.
We decide who we support and when, unlike your herd of lemmings.

ArlJim78
09-20-2016, 09:53 PM
If it's true, I say if because the information came second hand and was not confirmed, it's entirely appropriate. Failing political dynasties have to stick together right? The democrat base must be ecstatic to have GHWB on board and "With Her". Sad.

Burls
09-20-2016, 10:07 PM
One word: SENILITY.

NJ Stinks
09-20-2016, 10:14 PM
If it's true, I say if because the information came second hand and was not confirmed, it's entirely appropriate. Failing political dynasties have to stick together right? The democrat base must be ecstatic to have GHWB on board and "With Her". Sad.

I agree that it's sad. But what father would vote for somebody who insulted his son like Donny did? I know my father would have done the same thing George Sr. is doing if it was one of Dad's sons.

There is a lot to like about Jeb's parents and this is just another example. :ThmbUp:

Tom
09-20-2016, 10:23 PM
There is a lot to like about Jeb's parents and this is just another example.

No, putting your own personal feelings ahead of the country is petty and childish.

Jeb is a big boy.
He was not good enough to stand up for himself,
He was a pathetic loser from the git go.

Trump did us a favor by pulling is pants down on stage.
Jeb is just man enough to play with the biog boys and hacking hags.

Clocker
09-20-2016, 10:34 PM

George H. W. Bush is not one of my brethren, but Trump has made uncalled for insults against the Bush family. Family trumps politics, pardon the expression. Contrary to the blind belief of many here that mindless dogma trumps everything else.

horses4courses
09-20-2016, 10:39 PM
Contrary to the blind belief of many here that mindless dogma trumps everything else.

As I get out of bed each morning, one thought constantly comes to mind.
Why do I believe what I do? Answer: Just consider the alternative.

Clocker
09-20-2016, 10:56 PM
Why do I believe what I do? Answer: Just consider the alternative.

Because reality is a bitch. And in your world, belief trumps reality. :D

VigorsTheGrey
09-21-2016, 01:44 AM
David Rockefeller probably owns them both and Obama and trump too...
American politics is a farce....they are all puppets on Rocky's strings...

reckless
09-21-2016, 05:32 AM
The Bush family are only about themselves and always have been.

The Bush family were never conservative nor patriotic. They are one-world globalists currying favor for the large international bankers, the Fortune 500 gonivs and numerous oil and arms interests. They usually were at odds of the American citizen and our best interests.

They basically just got lucky when Bush I and II ran for the White House as they opposed clowns such as Michael Dukakis, Al Gore Junior and John Kerry. Jeb would have been the clown vs. Hillary if they had gotten their way this year I am sure of this.

The biggest mistake Ronald Reagan ever did was selecting Pappy Bush as his vice-president. Reagan saved this guy from the political grave and just look how this country, the GOP and conservatism have fared since. Not too well on all accounts.

rastajenk
09-21-2016, 07:16 AM
It wasn't that long ago that the Bush family was responsible for the rise of Hitler, and they even had their own neo-Hitler in the White House, and were war criminals, etc. Now Bush Sr is the darling of the liberal media. Funny how that works. :p

ArlJim78
09-21-2016, 07:56 AM
I agree that it's sad. But what father would vote for somebody who insulted his son like Donny did? I know my father would have done the same thing George Sr. is doing if it was one of Dad's sons.

There is a lot to like about Jeb's parents and this is just another example. :ThmbUp:
trust me it's not about someones son being insulted. Did you know Jeb's son supports Trump?
It's what we've been saying all along, the Clintons and Bush's are two flavors of the same Washington big government uniparty. There is barely any difference. That is why the Bush's probably won't support Trump, he's a threat to all rich powerful elites.

Fager Fan
09-21-2016, 08:11 AM
George H. W. Bush is not one of my brethren, but Trump has made uncalled for insults against the Bush family. Family trumps politics, pardon the expression. Contrary to the blind belief of many here that mindless dogma trumps everything else.

Fine. Don't invite Trump to dinner then. A vote however is about country, not family.

Clocker
09-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Fine. Don't invite Trump to dinner then. A vote however is about country, not family.

A vote is about whatever the voter thinks is important.

OntheRail
09-21-2016, 10:42 AM
George H. W. Bush is not one of my brethren, but Trump has made uncalled for insults against the Bush family. Family trumps politics, pardon the expression. Contrary to the blind belief of many here that mindless dogma trumps everything else.If indeed true... is it.

Father like Son or Son like Father. Both breaking pledges. One to protect the Country from all enemies of Freedom, domestic ones included, other to support the nominee.

boxcar
09-21-2016, 10:45 AM
The Bush family are only about themselves and always have been.

The Bush family were never conservative nor patriotic. They are one-world globalists currying favor for the large international bankers, the Fortune 500 gonivs and numerous oil and arms interests. They usually were at odds of the American citizen and our best interests.

They basically just got lucky when Bush I and II ran for the White House as they opposed clowns such as Michael Dukakis, Al Gore Junior and John Kerry. Jeb would have been the clown vs. Hillary if they had gotten their way this year I am sure of this.

The biggest mistake Ronald Reagan ever did was selecting Pappy Bush as his vice-president. Reagan saved this guy from the political grave and just look how this country, the GOP and conservatism have fared since. Not too well on all accounts.

I believe you have nailed it perfectly! If Bush is going to vote for Hillary this would not surprise me in the least. He'd be finally flying his true establishment-globalist colors.

Clocker
09-21-2016, 11:00 AM
Father like Son or Son like Father. Both breaking pledges. One to protect the Country from all enemies of Freedom, domestic ones included, other to support the nominee.

Here is an article from March 30 reporting that Trump had rescinded his pledge because the RNC and the "party establishment" had treated him unfairly. As I remember, Trump was the first GOP candidate to rescind the pledge.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/30/trump-rescinds-pledge-to-back-republican-nominee-cruz-kasich-refuse-to-commit-support.html (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/30/trump-rescinds-pledge-to-back-republican-nominee-cruz-kasich-refuse-to-commit-support.html)

Here is an article from May 6 reporting that Jeb had rescinded his pledge.

http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/05/06/breaking-jeb-bush-breaks-loyalty-pledge-vows-not-support-trump/

I don't have much use for either, but if people are going to keep slamming Jeb about this, they need to hang the same thing on Trump.

Fager Fan
09-21-2016, 01:02 PM

A vote is about what you're voting for, in this case the person to lead the country. A former President of all people should have the mindset of voting who they think best to lead the country, not to vote against the person who said something mean about his son.

Inner Dirt
09-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Screw the elder Bush, it was his ineptness that gave momentum to the Clinton political machine of evil, he joined them by his own failures decades ago.

Clocker
09-21-2016, 01:31 PM
A vote is about what you're voting for, in this case the person to lead the country. A former President of all people should have the mindset of voting who they think best to lead the country, not to vote against the person who said something mean about his son.

A vote is about what the voter wants it to be about. Maybe Old George thinks that Trump's attacks on his sons show him to be of such low character as to be unqualified to be president. Maybe he is just an angry old man.

Who cares. It's his vote. No one can mandate the criteria he must follow. It's still a free country, I think. :rolleyes:

Fager Fan
09-21-2016, 03:51 PM
A vote is about what the voter wants it to be about. Maybe Old George thinks that Trump's attacks on his sons show him to be of such low character as to be unqualified to be president. Maybe he is just an angry old man.

Who cares. It's his vote. No one can mandate the criteria he must follow. It's still a free country, I think. :rolleyes:

Showing bad character is different, though, which was my point in talking about not voting for someone because he insulted his son. Bad character is a deeper and better explanation, albeit a poor one given the character of the person he supposedly will vote for.

delayjf
09-22-2016, 11:40 AM

I agree with you, this is personal. But he was cast his losing vote in TX - no harm no foul.

Tom
09-22-2016, 11:47 AM

Sounds like a democrat's thinking.

Tom
09-22-2016, 11:52 AM
What Jeb did was prove he was not man enough or leader enough to deal with Trump.

We should thank Donald for exposing a real loser.
41 can vote for who he wants, but for that reason, I lose all respect for him.
He proved his lack of metal when he agree to tax hikes after promising none.
Today, he confirms it with his vote to destroy the country for selfish reasons, if indeed he is voting for the Hacking Hag.

Clocker
09-22-2016, 11:56 AM
Sounds like a democrat's thinking.

No, democrat thinking is that you vote for whoever the party tells you to.

I don't understand the big deal about this. This is an unconfirmed rumor spread by one of the Kennedy clan. If Bush did say that, she has no business repeating it (that's democrat thinking). A spokesman for Bush says essentially no comment, it is a secret ballot, and Bush is not going to get involved in this race.

Who cares who he is going to vote for or why? What difference, at this point, does it make?

PaceAdvantage
09-22-2016, 12:02 PM
As I get out of bed each morning, one thought constantly comes to mind.
Why do I believe what I do? Answer: Just consider the alternative.Precisely why I'm voting for Trump.

Tom
09-22-2016, 12:03 PM
It matters because it underscores why Trump is the man,.
The previous GOP dipsticks are showing their true colors.
Worthless rats who do not give a crap about the country or its future.

Anyone who can destroy this party is my choice.
First step - destroy the credibility of all who came before.

Burls
09-24-2016, 06:26 PM
Precisely why I'm voting for Trump.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

De gustibus non est disputandum.

EasyGoer89
09-24-2016, 06:38 PM

People vote for the candidate that serves their own best interests, they're not going to vote against their own best interests because of an insult. The insult is just an excuse.

If you think trump isn't fit because he's an 'angry old man' who insults people than Hillary is also not fit as its proven she s an angry old woman who also insults people.

Back to square one in choosing your candidate.