PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Like Marriage to Ruin a Good Relationship

Overlay
09-20-2016, 12:31 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/angelina-jolie-divorcing-brad-pitt/ar-BBwozxj?li=BBnbfcL

Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce from Brad Pitt (after ten years of cohabitation followed by two years of marriage), citing irreconcilable differences, and is seeking sole custody of their six children (biological and adopted).

Will this put the tabloids out of business?

dartman51
09-20-2016, 01:07 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/angelina-jolie-divorcing-brad-pitt/ar-BBwozxj?li=BBnbfcL

No, they still have the Kardashians. :lol:

barahona44
09-20-2016, 01:16 PM

Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce from Brad Pitt (after ten years of cohabitation followed by two years of marriage), citing irreconcilable differences, and is seeking sole custody of their six children (biological and adopted).

For the next few months the headlines will be " Brad and Angelina-What Really Happened" or "Mystery Woman-'I Slept with Brad-and Angelina Watched!'" and similar nonsense until the next scandal brews.
The general trend towards fewer people reading physical books, magazines and newspapers will eventually hit the tabloids.

JustRalph
09-20-2016, 03:05 PM
I think he got tired of carrying diaper bags

tucker6
09-20-2016, 05:02 PM
I never found an "oh my goodness" attraction to Angelina Jolie. Okay, but not breathtaking.

zico20
09-20-2016, 06:17 PM
I never found an "oh my goodness" attraction to Angelina Jolie. Okay, but not breathtaking.

I agree. I never thought she was anything to write home about.

Overlay
09-20-2016, 08:18 PM
Somewhere, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Aniston are smiling.

Meanwhile, Jon Voight (now 77) is reported to be "concerned" about the welfare of his grandchildren in the wake of the break-up.

sandpit
09-20-2016, 08:38 PM
I always thought AJ looked like a fish...

I have a friend who used to be Brad and Jennifer's personal trainer when they were together; said they were always the nicest people to be around.

classhandicapper
09-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Two odd thoughts came to mind when I read this.

1. If a woman that looks like Angelina Jolie can't keep her man under wraps, how does that make the average woman feel about her ability to keep her own man under wraps?

2. If a man that looks like Brad Pitt, has his fame, his money etc... is fooling around with Russian hookers instead of having similarly beautiful women just flocking to him, it's a good thing I have a girlfriend because I'd be out of action. ;)

ronsmac
09-21-2016, 12:03 PM

Will this put the tabloids out of business?Who knows why they broke up ? Being with the same woman for 12 years when you have thousands if not millions of the hottest women available to you has to be difficult. Pitt is an old guy but he can still get young women easily. I'm surprised it lasted this long.

thaskalos
09-21-2016, 12:06 PM
12 years is an eternity for a Hollywood romance.

Grits
09-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Who knows why they broke up ? Being with the same woman for 12 years when you have thousands if not millions of the hottest women available to you has to be difficult. Pitt is an old guy but he can still get young women easily. I'm surprised it lasted this long.

FTFY. Being with the same man for 12 years when you have thousands of the hottest men available to you has to be difficult especially when you have six children together and the irreconcilable differences are reported to involve your husband's drug problems and his anger issues. You're one of the most successful women in film and you've been termed the greatest female humanitarian since the late Princess Diana. Sure hope you can find a date, Angelina.

CURB. MEET BRAD.

Saying Brad Pitt is old at age 52 is quite silly. However it's never too late to enroll in anger management. ;)

Fager Fan
09-21-2016, 12:52 PM

Aniston isn't as beautiful but there's something sexier about her than Jolie. Might be that she has a better body.

Fager Fan
09-21-2016, 12:59 PM
FTFY. Being with the same man for 12 years when you have thousands of the hottest men available to you has to be difficult especially when you have six children together and the irreconcilable differences are reported to involve your husband's drug problems and his anger issues. You're one of the most successful women in film and you've been termed the greatest female humanitarian since the late Princess Diana. Sure hope you can find a date, Angelina.

CURB. MEET BRAD.

Saying Brad Pitt is old at age 52 is quite silly. However it's never too late to enroll in anger management. ;)

You believe that? I think his rep as a hot head would be known by now if he was one.

It's just another celebrity marriage down the tubes. What is it, 5 marriages between the two? Both seem decent enough, no need to take sides in something as irrelevant as Brangelina.

Grits
09-21-2016, 01:10 PM
No sides. Just stating what was in the news, and pointing out the success of BOTH.

Serial husband. Serial wife.

thaskalos
09-21-2016, 01:13 PM
Aniston isn't as beautiful but there's something sexier about her than Jolie. Might be that she has a better body.

I wonder what Aniston and Jolie would say if they got a good look at us...and OUR bodies.

Fager Fan
09-21-2016, 01:52 PM
I wonder what Aniston and Jolie would say if they got a good look at us...and OUR bodies.

I thought I was pretty complimentary of both, but ok.

I don't make my living off my looks. Good thing for me. If I did, though, I'd expect comments on my looks.

Fager Fan
09-21-2016, 01:55 PM
No sides. Just stating what was in the news, and pointing out the success of BOTH.

Serial husband. Serial wife.

The meet the curb and anger management comments sure sound like picking a side to me.

I wouldn't be so quick to believe charges made with the expectation of a custody battle.

thaskalos
09-21-2016, 02:03 PM

I don't make my living off my looks. Good thing for me. If I did, though, I'd expect comments on my looks.

Don't the actors make a living off of their "talent"?

ronsmac
09-21-2016, 02:20 PM

CURB. MEET BRAD.

I thought he was 51 and Pitt doesn't need anger management. He'll do just fine. 52 is old. It doesn't mean you're dead though, we'll be hearing from Pitt a lot in these next few years.

ronsmac
09-21-2016, 02:33 PM

I don't make my living off my looks. Good thing for me. If I did, though, I'd expect comments on my looks.Aniston is holding up better than Jolie. I always thought Aniston was Mary Ann to Jolie's Ginger. One was cuter and more wholesome and One sexier and more of a bad girl. I always liked both.

Tom
09-21-2016, 02:36 PM
Jolie always struck me as kind of sleezy.
Don't get me wrong, I LIKE sleezy.

ReplayRandall
09-21-2016, 02:41 PM
Jolie always struck me as kind of sleezy.
Don't get me wrong, I LIKE sleezy.

Billy Bob Thornton's leftovers, never have seemed appealing to me..:ThmbDown:

PaceAdvantage
09-22-2016, 02:24 PM
It's all in the eyes with Jolie...no...seriously...the eyes... :eek:

thaskalos
09-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Billy Bob Thornton's leftovers, never have seemed appealing to me..:ThmbDown:

I'd take them.

ReplayRandall
09-22-2016, 02:38 PM
I'd take them.

Showgirls, hot cocktail waitresses and cougars with big money, await you in Las Vegas......You lack focus..:cool:

thaskalos
09-22-2016, 02:43 PM
Showgirls, hot cocktail waitresses and cougars with big money, await you in Las Vegas.....:cool:
Can't wait. :ThmbUp:

Rise Over Run
09-22-2016, 02:51 PM
The only way this truly becomes "Hollywood" is if Brad ends up marrying one of Angelina's adopted kids.

AndyC
09-22-2016, 04:10 PM
Aniston is holding up better than Jolie. I always thought Aniston was Mary Ann to Jolie's Ginger. One was cuter and more wholesome and One sexier and more of a bad girl. I always liked both.

Jolie had a double mastectomy and her ovaries removed. I would give her a pass on her ability or inability to "hold up".

johnhannibalsmith
09-22-2016, 05:30 PM
This is the sort of thing you pray for when someone tells you they are going to tell you the bad news first.

Grits
09-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Jolie had a double mastectomy and her ovaries removed. I would give her a pass on her ability or inability to "hold up".

The strength, the courage, and the empathy for others that this woman has is immeasurable. And you gentlemen would do well to even begin to understand this fact.

One would have to live under a rock to not be aware of this woman's battle and her decisions involving cancer and the BRCA1 gene she carries .... "the cards she's been dealt" have not one earthly thing to do with how she's held up!! :mad:

It's been a long while since reading this level of ignorance at Pace Advantage. It's my hope that your own wives and daughters "hold up" well, but if not, I hope they are judged more kindly. :bang:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/24/opinion/angelina-jolie-pitt-diary-of-a-surgery.html?_r=0

Thank you, Andy C, for your comment.

Burls
09-22-2016, 07:21 PM
NEWS FLASH:
Jennifer Aniston was found dead this afternoon at her LA mansion after apparently overdosing on Schadenfreude following the news of the impending Brangelina split.

ronsmac
09-22-2016, 08:33 PM
Jolie had a double mastectomy and her ovaries removed. I would give her a pass on her ability or inability to "hold up".I'm just calling it like I see it.Aniston has aged better.

Fager Fan
09-23-2016, 06:33 AM
The strength, the courage, and the empathy for others that this woman has is immeasurable. And you gentlemen would do well to even begin to understand this fact.

One would have to live under a rock to not be aware of this woman's battle and her decisions involving cancer and the BRCA1 gene she carries .... "the cards she's been dealt" have not one earthly thing to do with how she's held up!! :mad:

It's been a long while since reading this level of ignorance at Pace Advantage. It's my hope that your own wives and daughters "hold up" well, but if not, I hope they are judged more kindly. :bang:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/24/opinion/angelina-jolie-pitt-diary-of-a-surgery.html?_r=0

Thank you, Andy C, for your comment.

Defensive much?

It's Hollywood, where everything from looks to reputations are a lot of smoke and mirrors anyway.

Fager Fan
09-23-2016, 06:35 AM
I'm just calling it like I see it.Aniston has aged better.

Jolie's issue is her weight. She'd look a lot better if she gained 20 pounds.

AndyC
09-23-2016, 12:08 PM
Defensive much?

It's Hollywood, where everything from looks to reputations are a lot of smoke and mirrors anyway.

So you put Jolie's surgeries on a par with breast augmentation, facelifts and botox treatments? Public figures are certainly fair game for critique but some of us draw a line based on the circumstances.

ronsmac
09-23-2016, 12:27 PM
Jolie's issue is her weight. She'd look a lot better if she gained 20 pounds.You may be on to something.

Fager Fan
09-23-2016, 01:07 PM
So you put Jolie's surgeries on a par with breast augmentation, facelifts and botox treatments? Public figures are certainly fair game for critique but some of us draw a line based on the circumstances.

Take a Valium.

Jennifer has 6 years on Angelina if you're wanting to keep score on natural aging factors.

But both are celebrities so they've already had help and will continue to do so, so who knows how either is really aging. Which was my point.

Regardless of age and menopause, I think it's an unrelated factor that detracts from her looks which is being too underweight (which some think is bulimia).