In a Derby Wars game.

Capping Presque Isle race by race.

"Maybe" I can help a bit.

Race 3 #1 Gift of Gabby.

Let's go !

v j stauffer
09-19-2016, 06:37 PM
Race 4 #5 Elysian

Despise the #1 Rocky Policy who is 8/5 at 4 minutes to post.

Still think she'll be 3rd choice.

Certainly not much to work with here.

Robert Fischer
09-19-2016, 07:10 PM
the masters could be a 'chaos' race

I certainly can't pretend to know how to cap this race.

:7: = she's a racehorse and I have to guess that closers will be moved-up in this race

:11: is an interesting long shot. You get Gallardo and a sharp local. If I didn't hate this horse's action on video, I'd put my money where my keyboard is.

Is this a race you consider throwing some bigger prices together for an exacta score?

v j stauffer
09-19-2016, 07:14 PM
The Masters IS a chaos race.

:1a: Cactus Kris ran a good enough figure 3 back to win. Good value for me.

The heavy heads. Might all be banking a bit on past glories.

Great betting race!

Robert Fischer
09-19-2016, 07:17 PM
couldn't resist

boxed 62 and 67
boxed 17811

rrpic6
09-19-2016, 07:30 PM
I keyed the :8: in all 4 slots with the :2:,:5:,:6:,:7:,:9:,:10: in Supers. So glad she ran 6th and not 5th! "He could "cap, but he couldn't bet" will still be on my headstone. At least I still used the :10: in Pick 4's.

RR

Robert Fischer
09-19-2016, 07:35 PM
race 6
I think the :2: is an interesting long shot

was up in class early
been working over the Arlington synth
trainer/jock

EDIT EX 1 W/ 2,6

Nitro
09-19-2016, 07:42 PM
I’m wondering why this thread isn‘t in the Selection forum

R#6 – 4-1 W/ 3-2 @ 4mins to post

v j stauffer
09-19-2016, 07:45 PM
Ok. Here's a big price that I really like.

:6: Por Favor

:1: Miss Gossip will be badly overbet because of a stakes line last out. Her numbers are good enough. But for some reason AP numbers just don't seem to travel well. Also many choices as to where to run. They choose $28,000 first level allowance. Can only win this condition once. Seems like searching for a very weak field. Huge underlay.

:2: Desert Tune. Ran one monster figure as a 2 yo. Hasn't been close to it since. Only one guy does the least with the most more than Albertrani. Harty. Not for me.

:3: Peggy N Judy. Last two on this track simply not good enough.

:4: Virgo Rising. Came to Shug with hope she could be anything. Hasn't seen the big leagues at all. Looking for gimmicks to win.

:5: :5: 1 for 35. Only win against state breds at Finger Lakes. Could actually schlump in for a small share.

:6: Por Favor. Three year old sneakily getting better. The Play!

Robert Fischer
09-19-2016, 07:51 PM
:1: Miss Gossip will be badly overbet because of a stakes line last out. Her numbers are good enough. But for some reason AP numbers just don't seem to travel well. Also many choices as to where to run. They choose $28,000 first level allowance. Can only win this condition once. Seems like searching for a very weak field. Huge underlay.

Good call on the "conditions" stuff

Nitro
09-19-2016, 07:53 PM

Results:

R # 6 = 2-4-1-6 – EX & TRI BX

$2.00 EXACTA – 2-4 - $27.60
$2.00 TRIFECTA – 2-4-1 - $34.60

olddaddy
09-19-2016, 07:58 PM
I tried Presque Isle, couldnt have done worse with a dart board. Even the small fields I didnt get a sniff , I felt bad until I saw here a good handicapper having the same type of day. Sorry but misery does love company.

v j stauffer
09-19-2016, 08:00 PM

Because I started it and rarely know where the heck I'm supposed to be.

Nitro
09-19-2016, 08:04 PM
Okay sounds good to me.

HuggingTheRail
09-19-2016, 08:06 PM

From what I've read, you have plenty of people who will tell you where to go.... (of which I am not one....)

Nitro
09-19-2016, 08:08 PM
R#7 - 6-9 W/ 3-11-10 @ 3mins to post

v j stauffer
09-19-2016, 08:10 PM
One better get paid when asking a horse to do something it's never done.

I'm going with :2: CHARGING BULL in here. Has NEVER not bounced off a big effort.

Hoping with a bit more maturity he can finally pair up fast races.

His figure winning the nw2l last out if repeated will trounce these.

Pretty barn big IF though.

Very odd entry for the :10: KNUTE last out. Finally! we can lead him over there and expect to get past the nw3l hurdle at age 8.

No wait! Let's run him in an 75K stake at Suffolk at 24-1 on the turf. Yeah that's the ticket!

Make you wonder why people complain about having 8% barns. Can win.

:6: IRISH CAT seems very dead on board with this drop and two races vs way better.

v j stauffer
09-19-2016, 08:17 PM
From what I've read, you have plenty of people who will tell you where to go.... (of which I am not one....)

The line to tell me where to go is often longer than for Pirate's of the Caribbean!

Nitro
09-19-2016, 08:23 PM
R#7 - 6-9 W/ 3-11-10 @ 3mins to post
Results:

R # 7 = 6-2-11-3 – WIN - Placer took some very late action

$2.00 WIN – 6 - $8.00

Nitro
09-19-2016, 08:33 PM
R#8 - 7-3 W/ 1-9-5 @ 3mins to post

Nitro
09-19-2016, 08:44 PM
R#8 - 7-3 W/ 1-9-5 @ 3mins to post
Results:

R # 8 = 8-3-1-5 – Nothing in that one - No clues on the BIG LS Winner

whodoyoulike
09-19-2016, 08:50 PM

I'm fairly certain it's because they're discussing the different races.

SG4
09-19-2016, 10:42 PM
Race 4 #5 Elysian

Oh boy this name is a chills inducing blast from the past for me. If anyone wants to see a crazy finish, watch the replay of this horse's race from May 25, 2014 (1st race at PID that day). I had a very meticulous show parlay of a decent size which I started at the beginning of the year which was about 30 races deep when I laid it all on this horse's nose. Pretty sure I turned a shade resembling bright white in the final yards, and not long after I was cashing out & putting the show parlay to rest as a very lucky success.

Hope there were some scores on the contest today!

PaceAdvantage
09-20-2016, 03:05 PM
I'm fairly certain it's because they're discussing the different races.Yes, we've had plenty of threads here that if they contain selections AND discussion, then they could go in either forum. I prefer to see threads with discussion remain here...threads with nothing but number picks should be in selections.

Hope this clears things up (I know it won't)

whodoyoulike
09-20-2016, 05:11 PM
Yes, we've had plenty of threads here that if they contain selections AND discussion, then they could go in either forum. I prefer to see threads with discussion remain here...threads with nothing but number picks should be in selections.

Hope this clears things up (I know it won't)

The thing that bothers me is when people just post numbers w/o reasons for their selections. Just doesn't make any sense and pretty much a waste of time and then don't even provide feedback on the results.

cj
09-20-2016, 05:49 PM
I do same as PA, if there is actual handicapping discussion, I leave it here. If it is just numbers, to selections it goes. I don't get the point of that either but maybe some do.

Nitro
09-21-2016, 02:56 AM
The thing that bothers me is when people just post numbers w/o reasons for their selections. Just doesn't make any sense and pretty much a waste of time and then don't even provide feedback on the results.It’s too bad that posting just entry numbers bothers you. But if you took the time to visit the Selection forum once and while you’d notice that some people are regularly posting LIVE selections minutes before post time. I’m not sure why others are doing that, but because all I ever use is a tote analysis I’m certainly not going to provide an explanation about why I like the selections posted. Besides, I’m sure others posting live really don’t have time to provide their reasoning either, especially if they’re also making wagers. If I'm not mistaken the general idea is to share actual plays with others who might be interested in making an occasional wager. It sometimes seems to me that some people seem to forget why they're playing this game to begin with.

I’ll show the results of all the races I post, and if there was something in the market involving the late movement of money that I feel impacted those results I’ll post that too. Personally I think handicapping in traditional ways is a waste of time. So as far as I’m concerned any explanation posted by someone using those methods is just offering a purely subjective narrative based on their interpretation of the past. As an outsider playing an insider’s game I prefer to use the most objective pre-race information available. I believe that most of the time it can confirm 2 of the important aspects of a horse race: Condition and Intentions. If I’m not mistaken these items are omitted from the PPs.

In the words of Pittsburg Phil: It is impossible to overestimate the value of this ability to tell the condition of a thoroughbred. It is the twin sister of handicapping and more important. In that respect the ordinary form handicapper is, so to say, handicapped. What may appear to be right on paper, very, very often is wrong in the paddock.