PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth @ the Meadowlands

upthecreek
09-17-2016, 06:11 AM
15% takeout across the board
http://www.monmouthpark.com/news.aspx?id=10614

EMD4ME
09-17-2016, 09:22 PM
Have to give them credit. We should support them !

thespaah
09-17-2016, 10:41 PM
Have to give them credit. We should support them !
I agree.
All of the horse players that have displayed as their number one complaint as high takeout rates, should jump on this opportunity.
Hopefully in keeping with last year's avg field size, the Meadowlands will see the same this season.

NJ Stinks
09-17-2016, 11:57 PM
I'm happily surprised that the New Jersey Racing Commission was sharp enough to allow the low takeout. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

I look forward to playing with both fists! (Although my wife may insist on just one.... :( ;) )

biggestal99
09-18-2016, 10:16 AM
I'm happily surprised that the New Jersey Racing Commission was sharp enough to allow the low takeout. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

I look forward to playing with both fists! (Although my wife may insist on just one.... :( ;) )

The NJRC allowed 12% commission exchange wagering, no reason no to allow reduced takeout at the meadowlands. Easy call.

Allan

ronsmac
09-18-2016, 01:14 PM
A buddy who prefers turf racing said he'll bet it this year for the first time. So maybe others will follow suit. I don't bet the circuit so I won't be able to play it.

thespaah
09-18-2016, 06:12 PM
One other issue.
In previous discussions regarding takeout reductions and such, there was always one ingredient that made for these reductions in takeout at least at times, a non starter. The horsemen.
The horsemen almost invariably resisted takeout reductions.
I am curious as to why this reduction was so easily achieved.

castaway01
09-19-2016, 11:00 AM
One other issue.
In previous discussions regarding takeout reductions and such, there was always one ingredient that made for these reductions in takeout at least at times, a non starter. The horsemen.
The horsemen almost invariably resisted takeout reductions.
I am curious as to why this reduction was so easily achieved.

We're talking about what is now a harness racing track going through the trouble to have a short turf meet to help local trainers/owners with turf horses make a few more dollars before going south or elsewhere. I don't want to call it a charitable move as nothing in gambling is done for charity, but the horsemen are very happy to have these race cards even exist and they could very easily go away. No one is going to question the takeout.

MonmouthParkJoe
09-19-2016, 11:19 AM
Its not just the horsemen that could fight this, it is also the places that take the signal, specifically the mid atlantic co-op that the meadowlands has had issues with before when coming to terms with host fees. Places that have simulcast get the takeout on the bet and net against the host fee for their revenue. Lower takeout means less money for them unless they change the fee on the backend. Lowering takeout is great for the players, but is not as simple as just saying ok lets do this. Lots of things have to come together to make this work.

That being said, I loved when the meadowlands did the surface switch and had T-breds at night with more races. Having six races on the turf with cheap horses presents two problems. For one, going there for just six races didn't make sense timewise, but for the ADW player that doesn't really matter. The other thing is the weather, and they seemed to cancel a number of cards last year as a result with just having the turf races.

DeltaLover
09-19-2016, 12:45 PM
Based on the quality of their product, even if they lower it to 0% they will not catch my attention.

Garyinseattle
09-20-2016, 11:37 PM
The Big M needs to run a few more harness races on the grass.