PDA

View Full Version : Missouri grants Constitutional Carry

JustRalph
09-16-2016, 04:23 PM
Missouri grants citizens their actual rights

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/09/16/missouri-latest-state-embrace-constitutional-carry-veto-override/

No permit needed for conceal carry anymore

chadk66
09-17-2016, 08:30 AM
this shouldn't have to be granted to anybody. this is a right from day one but big brother thinks they know better. this is gonna happen in many more states in the near future.

Tom
09-17-2016, 10:17 AM
So this is now the Cary Grant Act?

betovernetcapper
09-17-2016, 02:29 PM
It's good news, but still have no reason to visit Missouri. :)

Dahoss2002
09-18-2016, 02:04 AM
this shouldn't have to be granted to anybody. this is a right from day one but big brother thinks they know better. this is gonna happen in many more states in the near future.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Clocker
09-19-2016, 01:47 PM
The NY Times says, without a shred of evidence, that this turns the Show-me State into the Shoot-me State. The Times says the law represents “a wholesale retreat from gun safety in the state.”

An article at The Federalist responds:

How might we determine this? By doing what the Times refused to do: we can look at the data from other states with constitutional carry laws on the books. For instance, Vermont has had a constitutional carry regime since roughly the beginning of the United States. In 2014, according to the FBI, Vermont had only six gun murders total. It tied for the second-lowest confirmed gun murder rate in the country. Only half of those were with handguns (which is understandably the weapon of choice for concealed carry).

Or what about Wyoming? The state passed a constitutional carry law in 2011. Did the state suddenly experience an explosion of gun-related violence? Well, no. In fact, the numbers dropped, from 11 gun murders in 2011 to five in 2012. It jumped to nine in 2013 and then dropped again to eight in 2014. That’s an overall reduction in gun deaths since the law was passed. Did Wyoming’s move represent a “retreat” from “gun safety?” You can hardly tell if so.

What about Arizona? Gov. Jan Brewer signed a constitutional carry law there in 2010. What happened next? Gun murders plummeted over the next four years: from 232 in 2010 to 222 in 2011 to 211 in 2012 to 184 in 2013 to 153 in 2014. Gee, some “shoot-me state!”

http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/19/new-york-times-lack-gun-knowledge-embarrassing/ (http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/19/new-york-times-lack-gun-knowledge-embarrassing/)

chadk66
09-19-2016, 03:05 PM
The NY Times says, without a shred of evidence, that this turns the Show-me State into the Shoot-me State. The Times says the law represents “a wholesale retreat from gun safety in the state.”

An article at The Federalist responds:

http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/19/new-york-times-lack-gun-knowledge-embarrassing/ (http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/19/new-york-times-lack-gun-knowledge-embarrassing/)interesting, a newspaper trying to dictate to the peasants :D

Clocker
09-19-2016, 03:07 PM
interesting, a newspaper trying to dictate to the peasants :D

But it is a newspaper run by New York City elites, giving the benefit of their superior wisdom and knowledge to the poor ignorant rubes out there in fly-over country.

NJ Stinks
09-19-2016, 04:42 PM
But it is a newspaper run by New York City elites, giving the benefit of their superior wisdom and knowledge to the poor ignorant rubes out there in fly-over country.

Do you think this going to help tourism in fly-over country? Do you think this is good news for cops around St. Louis and Kansas City?

Clocker
09-19-2016, 04:54 PM
Do you think this going to help tourism in fly-over country? Do you think this is good news for cops around St. Louis and Kansas City?

Do you have any evidence that the economy of any constitutional carry state was hurt by this policy? Do folks in New England not go skiing in Vermont because of constitutional carry? Did the northern snow birds stop wintering in Arizona because of this?

NJ Stinks
09-19-2016, 05:26 PM
Do you have any evidence that the economy of any constitutional carry state was hurt by this policy? Do folks in New England not go skiing in Vermont because of constitutional carry? Did the northern snow birds stop wintering in Arizona because of this?

The only evidence I have is myself. I'm not going into any metropolitan area where people can "constitutional carry" unless I have to. I'll spend my tourist dollars elsewhere.

FantasticDan
09-19-2016, 05:38 PM
This story has so many great aspects of red neck Americana: Guns, coca-cola, Trump, open carry, Walmart, hard times, militias, being nuts.. it's got it all!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/guns-and-sodas/2016/09/17/805e0db4-79e9-11e6-bd86-b7bbd53d2b5d_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_opencarry-8pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

chadk66
09-19-2016, 05:45 PM
The only evidence I have is myself. I'm not going into any metropolitan area where people can "constitutional carry" unless I have to. I'll spend my tourist dollars elsewhere.this same bullshit was said about MN when it passed concealed carry. Economy has done nothing but go up there and not a single incident of someone with a cwp doing anything with a gun. you anti-gun panzi asses crack me up:lol:

NJ Stinks
09-19-2016, 06:02 PM
this same bullshit was said about MN when it passed concealed carry. Economy has done nothing but go up there and not a single incident of someone with a cwp doing anything with a gun. you anti-gun panzi asses crack me up:lol:

I didn't know Minnesota passed concealed carry.

JustRalph
09-19-2016, 06:21 PM

NJ, this is where you have a totally wrong outlook on what cops think about guns. The cops deal with two kinds of people. Good guys and bad guys. This change in the law does nothing to change either of them. The bad guys are already carrying guns. The good guys don't suddenly decide to become bad guys because they can carry a gun. The cops treat everybody the same. This changes nothing.

chadk66
09-19-2016, 06:25 PM
I didn't know Minnesota passed concealed carry.At least half a dozen years ago. All states around ND have it. I think there is something like 32 states with it now. Most people don't even know.

Clocker
09-19-2016, 06:39 PM
At least half a dozen years ago. All states around ND have it. I think there is something like 32 states with it now. Most people don't even know.

Bodies on the streets and blood in the gutters in the Twin Cities didn't tip them off? :rolleyes:

mostpost
09-19-2016, 09:38 PM
At least half a dozen years ago. All states around ND have it. I think there is something like 32 states with it now. Most people don't even know.
Wikipedia says "You lie"
1 U.S. jurisdictions that have constitutional carry
1.1 Alaska
1.2 Arizona
1.3 Arkansas[disputed]
1.4 Idaho (residents only)
1.5 Kansas
1.6 Maine
1.7 Mississippi
1.8 Missouri
1.9 Puerto Rico[disputed]
1.10 Vermont
1.11 West Virginia
1.12 Wyoming (residents only)
2 U.S. States that have a limited form of permitless concealed carry
2.1 Montana (outside city limits)
2.2 New Hampshire (unloaded weapon & loaded magazine)
2.3 New Mexico (unloaded weapon & loaded magazine, vehicle carry)
2.4 Oklahoma (residents of constitutional carry states)

Clocker
09-19-2016, 09:51 PM
Wikipedia says "You lie"

Little victories. You probably won't be able to sleep tonight, after the adrenaline rush of this amazing coup. :lol:

NJ Stinks
09-19-2016, 10:38 PM
NJ, this is where you have a totally wrong outlook on what cops think about guns. The cops deal with two kinds of people. Good guys and bad guys. This change in the law does nothing to change either of them. The bad guys are already carrying guns. The good guys don't suddenly decide to become bad guys because they can carry a gun. The cops treat everybody the same. This changes nothing.

Ralph, I believe you.

Dahoss2002
09-20-2016, 12:59 AM
Wikipedia says "You lie"
1.1 Alaska
1.2 Arizona
1.3 Arkansas[disputed]
1.5 Kansas
1.6 Maine
1.7 Mississippi
1.8 Missouri
1.10 Vermont
1.11 West Virginia
2.4 Oklahoma (residents of constitutional carry states)
I thought he said concealed carry

mostpost
09-20-2016, 01:19 AM
I didn't know Minnesota passed concealed carry.
Here is where the confusion comes in. Just Ralph started the thread about Constitutional carry which means you can carry a concealed weapon without a permit. chadk66 conflated that with concealed carry, where you need a permit.

I was also confused. Even though chadk66 did say concealed, I took it as Constitutional. So his numbers were correct on that issue, but not in terms of the original subject of the thread. Actually I think there are many more states than 32 that allow concealed carry. WITH A PERMIT.

While not a big fan of concealed carry, I can accept it. I think not having a permit is a major mistake.

mostpost
09-20-2016, 01:22 AM
I thought he said concealed carry
Thanks for pointing that out. Chadk66 was correct in terms of what he said, but incorrect in terms of the subject of the thread. I was correct in terms of the subject of the thread, but not in terms of chadk66's comment.

NJ Stinks
09-20-2016, 02:19 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. Chadk66 was correct in terms of what he said, but incorrect in terms of the subject of the thread. I was correct in terms of the subject of the thread, but not in terms of chadk66's comment.

I mixed up these terms myself. :blush:

So thanks from me too, DaHoss. :ThmbUp:

chadk66
09-20-2016, 11:34 AM
Wikipedia says "You lie"
1.1 Alaska
1.2 Arizona
1.3 Arkansas[disputed]
1.5 Kansas
1.6 Maine
1.7 Mississippi
1.8 Missouri
1.10 Vermont
1.11 West Virginia
2.4 Oklahoma (residents of constitutional carry states)appears your too stupid to know the difference between constitutional carry and concealed carry :lol:This is why it's extremely important guys like you are never allowed to own guns:ThmbUp:

chadk66
09-20-2016, 11:35 AM
Bodies on the streets and blood in the gutters in the Twin Cities didn't tip them off? :rolleyes:and the horror of it all was the fact that none of that was caused by someone with a concealed weapons permit:lol:

Clocker
09-20-2016, 11:54 AM
and the horror of it all was the fact that none of that was caused by someone with a concealed weapons permit:lol:

Knives kill people. :eek:

Tom
09-20-2016, 12:10 PM
So do pressure cookers.

We need PC control for sure.

chadk66
09-20-2016, 12:37 PM
And now I have to go buy a few more hundred pounds of Tannerite:lol: I can guarantee you that one bomb didn't use Tannerite. At least not the Tannerite you can buy over the counter.:liar:

mostpost
09-20-2016, 02:26 PM
appears your too stupid to know the difference between constitutional carry and concealed carry :lol:This is why it's extremely important guys like you are never allowed to own guns:ThmbUp:
Perhaps I am. But I caught my mistake-with a little help from Dahoss-and acknowledged and corrected it. (see posts 22 & 23 this thread.

I don't understand why you would present stats on concealed carry when the thread is about Constitutional carry. I also don't understand why you would use
"Your" when "You're" is correct.

chadk66
09-20-2016, 02:44 PM
Perhaps I am. But I caught my mistake-with a little help from Dahoss-and acknowledged and corrected it. (see posts 22 & 23 this thread.

I don't understand why you would present stats on concealed carry when the thread is about Constitutional carry. I also don't understand why you would use
"Your" when "You're" is correct.OK mr. grammar police. don't resort to stupidity when you already looked stupid. The topic turned to concealed carry so I made a statement regarding that. Nothing more nothing less. And yes, 32 states now with concealed carry allowances and not any rise in murders due to this in any of those states. Isn't that amazing? I mean these guns suddenly decided they weren't going to just walk up and kill somebody anymore. It's crazy.

Tom
09-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost

"Your" when "You're" is correct.

I don't understand why you would use only the left hand ( and not the RH ).