PDA

View Full Version : Mohawk- 09/12/16- Picks and Reasons

moneymatt
09-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Race 4 #6 Solid Queen: (MY SLEEPER OF THE NIGHT)
This mare was taken off the hands of Mike Russo at the Meadowlands who laid her off in Decemeber. Thomas Riley picks up the training duties and has started this horse back at the beginning of August. Thus far she has had 2 qualifiers and 1 start at KD. She improved upon her second qualifier and had a half decent 2016 debut clocking in 1:55. She’s brought to the big circuit now which she should enjoy more as it is similar to the Meadowlands. I think she’s a sleeper with a lot of potential against this class.

Race 5 #6 Danish and Coffee:
This filly hasn’t been as successful as I would have thought she’d be. She’s a couple troubled trips and was in over her head in both GOLD finals on smaller tracks. If you exclude those races, she looks great on paper on the big track. A first, a closing 3rd(55.3 back half), a closing 4th(54.3 back half) and tough first over trip in her latest. I’ll look for her to close hard off a helmet. Jody can get the job done.

Race 6 #1 Sass:
This trotting colt is a beauty to watch. Consistent, can race on point or off a helmet and has the speed to get the job done. Tonight, he doesn’t have to see the likes of Windsun Revenege or White Becomes Her. That’s all I have to say about this guy. I’ll look for him in the winners circle.

Race 7 #5 Out of Sight:
Is a Waples and R. McIntosh filly. She’s been in tougher then her opponents tonight and tend to run on average a second faster as well. She seems like an easy choice in here, but then again… This is horse racing.

Race 8 #3 Zues Lightning: (BEST BET OF THE NIGHT)
9 year old gelding with some class to his name. Coming back from some kind of sickness inherited in May which kept him away for 3 months. Since then he has qualified back 3 start and has a tightener. His most recent qualifier he coasted home in 1:56.2 and his first start back he drew the 10 hole. I expect him to be extremely competitive with this class as he is a preferred calibre trotter. He’s my best bet of the night!

Race 10 #1 Print Media:
Private purchase from Moreau to Stephane Larocque. Larocque has had him for 2 starts and has managed to improve his time by 3 seconds in a 1:50.3 clocking. He looks ready as he paced home in a 54 second back half. His best time with Moreau was a 1:51.2. He’ll be liked on the tote board.