PDA

View Full Version : Belmont: Sunday, September 11

Teach
09-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Race One:

:7: Leitrim gets my tepid, lukewarm nod in this one-turn, lower-level claiming route. This Smart Strike-bred chestnut colt has faced better in the past. This recently claimed, Abby Adsit-trained 4 year-old is most definitely facing a weak bunch. Adsit does well with horses who go sprint-sprint-route. The red-hot Joel Rosario is in the irons. This Sky Mesa-bred got caught up in some sharp early fractions in his last at seven panels. He should find this field more to his liking. Others: :6: , :3: , :4:

Race Two:

:1: Hemsworth broke slowly in his only pari-mutuel race and sported the field several lengths by the time they reached the quarter pole. Admittedly, this Bernardini (A. P. Indy)-bred bay colt went off as a decided longshot against relatively similar MSW company. This colt did well to close the gap, somewhat; but he simply ran out of real estate. Well, he now stretches out a couple panels. His breeding says the added distance should not prove a problem. If this 2 year-old can break more alertly, he should easily find himself in the mix. Joe “El Dominicano” Rosario is the irons for trainer Tom Albertrani. Albertrani does reasonably well with horses going from sprint to route. Others: :5: , :3: , :6:

Race Three:

:5: Banner Bill went off as the favorite against slightly weaker in his last at “The Spa” in early August. This Rockport Harbor-bred narrowly missed in that one at nine panels. This 7 year-old bay gelding now shortens up a “teenth” (that may help). David Cannizzo, the gelding’s trainer, does very well with horses who were beaten favorites in their last. This gelding should a lot of attention today; yet, I believe he merits it. The aggressive reinsman, Ricardo Santana, Jr., is in the irons. Others: :6: , :2: , :1a:

Race Four:

:5: Amapola got outfinished by Cherry Lodge in this filly’s most recent start at Saratogas over one month ago. This Bill Mott trainee looks like the class of the field in this 6-panels MSW sprint. I wouldn’t expect much in return from the windows as I suspect this Broken Vow-bred will go off at even money or less. Joel Rosario – he’s gotten off to an excellent start – will be in the stirrups. By the way, Bill Mott does very well with horses who are making their second start off a layoff. A soliod recent work appears to signal readiness. Others: :2: , :6: , :4:

Race Five:

:5: Too Discreet is my pick in the non-graded Allied Forces at 6-panels on The Inner. This Discreet Cat-bred has won half of her lifetime grass races. She has the services of Joel Rosario (Is this going to be his “red-letter day?). This grey 3 year-old colt was leading into deep stretch in the Quik Call in her last, yet she ended up finishing third, a length off the winner. Any slight improvement… This colt is owned and was bred by Massachusetts’ own, Patricia Generazio. Monsieur Christophe Clement is the colt’s trainer. Clement does well with both turf starts and sprints. Others: :6: , :3:

Race Six:

:10: Cosi Bella is my choice in this turf MSW route on the Widener. Yes, a first-time starter (they often produces white knuckles); yet “Mechanicsville Chad, “The Scourge of the Spa,” does extremely well with first-time starters on the grass. A recent morning work was solid. “El Maestro,” Javier Castellano, is in the irons. Others: :4: . :5: , :8:

Race Seven:

:1: Adulator won his last in allowance company at “The Spa” about one month ago. The Hall of Famer, Johnny V., is one of the best at rating horses in routes. This colt should be in a perfect stalking position to unleash a torrid stretch run. Trainer Jimmy Jerkens has been on a roll. A recent 3-panels “bullet” work adds confidence. Others: :6: , :2b: , :5:

Race Eight:

:3: Performance Bonus ran second in a similar race at “The Spa” about three weeks. The dynamic combination of Javier Castellano and Chad Brown aid and abet this this 4 year-old bay colt’s chances. This Mineshaft-bred may well benefit from the slight cut-back. A solid recent morning work-tab. Others: :7: , :1: , :6:

Race Nine:

In the finale, 9 Dr. Koy is my longshot try. This 2 year-old Arch-bred has the breeding, e.g., Blame (Arch) to be a factor at first asking. As always, first-time starters can be a mystery. Watch the board and watch him on the track. Joel Rosario is in the irons for Christophe Clemente. Clement does reasonably well with debut turf entrants. Others: :10: , :7: , :3: