PDA

View Full Version : Whoopi Gets Canned!

JustRalph
07-14-2004, 06:02 PM
She got fired from her NBC series a month or two back...now this..I think she is in minute 14 of her life...........

Slim-Fast Sheds Whoopi Goldberg After Bush Riff
Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Comedian Whoopi Goldberg (news) will no longer appear in ads for diet aid maker Slim-Fast following her lewd riff on President Bush (news - web sites)'s name at a fund-raiser last week, the company said on Wednesday.

Florida-based Slim-Fast said it was "disappointed" in Goldberg's remarks at last Thursday's $7.5 million star-studded fund-raiser at Radio City Music Hall in New York.

"Ads featuring Ms. Goldberg will no longer be on the air," Slim-Fast General Manager Terry Olson said in a statement, adding that the company regrets that Goldberg's remarks offended some customers.

Republicans have expressed outrage over the fund-raiser for presumptive Democratic nominee John F. Kerry and his vice presidential running mate, John Edwards (news - web sites), in which entertainers lined up to skewer the president.

The New York Post said of Goldberg's appearance at the event: "Waving a bottle of wine, she fired off a stream of vulgar sexual wordplays on Bush's name in a riff about female genitalia."

A spokesperson for Goldberg declined immediate comment.

chickenhead
07-14-2004, 06:14 PM
has anyone seen a transcript from that thing?

Be curious to read it..

schweitz
07-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by chickenhead
has anyone seen a transcript from that thing?

Be curious to read it..

So would I, since Kerry says it "represents the heart and soul of America".

JustRalph
07-14-2004, 08:51 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040714/i/r1263299060.jpg

Mike at A+
07-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by schweitz

Not MY America. Bush may crucify the English language but I'm from Brooklyn so WTF do I care. Fuggedaboutit!!!!!! We need to re-elect him and let him finish the job which means wiping these slimebags off the face of the earth before they kill 3,000 more OFFICE WORKERS, COPS and FIREMEN. It's about freakin time we have a president with the balls to say "BRING IT ON" and then back it up with some daisy cutters. I won't be happy until Osama is hanging by his ankles from a 200 foot construction crane in Times Square and being used for a pinata by friends and relatives of 9/11 victims. Grab a stick and swing for the cheap seats!

Secretariat
07-14-2004, 10:43 PM

Another lie - you make it sound as if Kerry said that about Whoopi's remarks - ridiculous and you know it...and I'll tell you what Whoopi said was disgusting and offensive. She has the right to say it just as <Cheney Expletive> but her crudity is inexcusable.

I'm sick of this lack of civility in terms of profanity. For god sakes these are the role models of our youth. I wish Whoppi would grow up instead of going for cheap crude remarks. I hope you don't hold Kerry responsible for Whoppi's free speech. I don't hold Bush responsible for Cheney's profanity.

In contrast I agree with Paul Newman's eloquent remarks.

Tom
07-14-2004, 10:49 PM
Whoopie is a pig. no matter what weight she carries.
Glad to see SlimFast has the guts to fire a high profile spokesperson.
Too bad Kerry didn't have the courgae to put down this crude crap at the time it was being thrown around.
Would have been nice to see he had some backbone.

schweitz
07-14-2004, 11:15 PM
[i]Originally posted by Secretariat
I hope you don't hold Kerry responsible for Whoppi's free speech.

Has he commented on it?

Secretariat
07-14-2004, 11:32 PM
Has he commented on it?

I don't know. Has Bush commented on Cheyney. Last I heard he was on the ticket, Whoppi was not.

Tom
07-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
I don't know. Has Bush commented on Cheyney. Last I heard he was on the ticket, Whoppi was not.

Major difference. You can't see that. Sad.

schweitz
07-14-2004, 11:38 PM

Sec, You are so predictable---I'll tell you what, I'll hold Kerry accountable for Whoopi's comments and you can hold Bush accountable for Cheney's since you feel they are the same thing.

Secretariat
07-14-2004, 11:49 PM
Sec, You are so predictable---I'll tell you what, I'll hold Kerry accountable for Whoopi's comments and you can hold Bush accountable for Cheney's since you feel they are the same thing.

Why would you hold Bush accountable for Cheney's comments?
Dick's a big boy. Now if Bush wanted to comment on them, that's his preogative. He's chosen not too. My point is Cheney is running for office with Bush. Last I heard Whoppi isn't. You actually think anyone is going to stop Whoppi Goldburg from using crudity in her comic acts? Most comedians rely heavily on crudity nowadays and people laugh unfortunately. What passes for humor generally involves bodily functions or fat jokes. It is disgusting and tasteless.

I'm a Democrat, but I don't find what Whoppi said anymore funny than I do Limbaugh's disgusting remarks on the radio.

schweitz
07-14-2004, 11:57 PM
Dick's a big boy. Now if Bush wanted to comment on them, that's his preogative. He's chosen not too. My point is Cheney is running for office with Bush. Last I heard Whoppi isn't. You actually think anyone is going to stop Whoppi Goldburg from using crudity in her comic acts? Most comedians rely heavily on crudity nowadays and people laugh unfortunately. What passes for humor generally involves bodily functions or fat jokes. It is disgusting and tasteless.

I'm a Democrat, but I don't find what Whoppi said anymore funny than I do Limbaugh's disgusting remarks on the radio.

Thanks---now I have your comment on the situation---now if I could just find out how Kerry feels about it.

Mike at A+
07-15-2004, 07:45 AM

The big difference here is that Cheney had the balls to say "4Q" DIRECTLY INTO THE FACE OF THE PERSON to whom it was meant. The Hollywood "Hate Fest" was quite different. I'm sure none of those drug ingesting cowards would have the nerve to utter their hateful words in the presence of a pro-Bush (or even mixed) crowd for fear of having their faces rearranged (which might actually be an improvement for some of them).

JustRalph
07-15-2004, 07:54 AM

I'm a Democrat, but I don't find what Whoppisaid anymore funny than I do Limbaugh's disgusting remarks on the radio.

Whoppi!

Now that is Funny! You have told some Whopper's in your time.......but that little misspelling of Goldberg's name is great

Secretariat
07-15-2004, 12:55 PM
JR,

You got me. My spelling is as bad as Tom's spelling.

Whoopi.

Either way her jokes are just as bad.

cj
07-15-2004, 01:57 PM
No problem Sec, we understand, Baltimore City Public School System. :)

Tom
07-15-2004, 07:46 PM
JR,

You got me. My spelling is as bad as Tom's spelling.

Whoopi.

Either way her jokes are just as bad.

Hey! Watch it!
I'm the sensative one!;)

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2004, 02:13 AM
"Heart and Soul of America"

Big mistake there Mr. Kerry. I doubt those in the "battleground states" are going to appreciate you calling those foul mouthed celebrities the "Heart and Soul of America"

Strike 1

cj
07-16-2004, 02:30 AM
Response from the Kerry:

What the <insert Kerry f bomb> was she thinking?

Dan Montilion
07-16-2004, 03:28 AM
Who is this Whoopi Goldberg?

Was her only previous claim to fame being a mattress back... I mean pitch man for a diet drink?

Dan Montilion

Lefty
07-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Whoopi was tastless but others said worse things and called Bush a thug and murderer. Kerry embraced the whole prgm by saying they were the heart and soul of america. He will have to live with that statement as the real heart and soul of america shows their displeasure at the voting booths.
Slimfast pres is a big dem contributor but he has a fiscal resp to his stockholders and now sees Whoopi as a liability. It's bus. pure and simple.

CapperLou
07-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Whoopi finally exposed herself for who she really is!!!

This is the person who came out of the ghetto and lived the American dream and now has the audacity to talk about our
President the way she did---outrageous!!!!

She and Moore should move to France and kiss Jacque's A--!!

This ugly and eyebrowless supposed comic is a joke and she should be ashamed of herself!!!

She should be "blackballed" the same as Mort Sahl (who was a good comic) was decades ago.

All the best,

CapperLou

Big Bill
07-16-2004, 10:15 PM
This letter to the editor appeared in our paper today with the title "Hollywood Values".

"A recent news article reported that many Hollywood celebrates had turned out for a Kerry-Edwards fund-raiser that raised $7.5 million.
"Waving a bottle of wine, Whoopi Goldberg fire off an X-rated stream of vulgar sexual wordplays on the president's name in a riff about female genitalia. Kerry was reported to have laughed uproariously during Goldberg's tirade. Neither Kerry nor Edwards voiced any objection to the tone of the event when they spoke to the crowd, and both hailed the gathering as a great event.
"Other celebs competed to trash President Bush, including John Mellencamp, Latin comedian John Leguizamo and actors Paul Newman, Chevy Chase and Jessica Lange.
"Edward's was reported as saying it was a great honor to be there and this campaign will be a celebration of real American values.
"Truth be told, these are the real values that the Kerry-Edwards team represents - that of the misguided, out-of-touch Hollywood elite. If this is not a true indicator of just how out of touch with mainstream America these people are, I don't know what is.
"I will attempt to ensure from here on out that my family, including myself, will never again patronize the work of any of these entertainers.
"Incidentally, I never saw news of this event in your publication".

Big Bill

Big Bill
07-17-2004, 08:52 AM
And this from Jay Leno Thursday night:

"John Kerry spoke to NAACP today. And you know you could tell he was pandering, he said the first thing he would do as president was give a full pardon to Whoopi Goldberg".

BB

Tom
07-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Politics aside.....Whoopi is a pig. It was a smart business decsion to fire the pig as a spokeperson.
And the rest of the hollywood elite - who in hell cares what this bunch of prima donnas think? Most of the name posted here ealier are washed up has been anyways.