PDA

View Full Version : Mohawk 09/08/16- Picks and Reasons

moneymatt
09-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Last outing was a bit rough. Here to give it another go. Again please let me know how you feel about my choices and reasoning. I enjoy racing discussions.

Race 6 #8 Warrawee Proton:
This gelding is another Marty Fine claimer from a below average trainer. He was a lot more fresh a few months ago when he was racing under the care of multiple top level trainers. Again I am on the Marty Fine claiming bus. The Proton has same gait speed that he hasn’t shown in recent starts, but I expect him to be aggressively handled by Scott Zeron, going in wire to wire fashion.

Race 9 #7 Alexas Hope:
This 5 yr old mare is a sleeper horse in my opinion. She hasn’t been putting up great numbers on paper, but most races have excuses, mainly post positions, but tonight there is very little gate speed in this race. None from the 8 and 9 hole. I am hoping she can leave to get spotted 5th or 6th entering the first turn and eventually use he closing kick to sweep around the leaders in the stretch.

Race 10 #4 Hemingway: (MY BET OF THE NIGHT)
A Jamie Copley first timer with the trusty hands of Cpt Henry piloting. The claim was pick up off Rick Moffat, a sub par training record at best and the horse was still able to put together very competitive times of 1: 52’s to 1:54’s. With the trainer change this horse I believe is going to be a ton the best.