PDA

View Full Version : Laurent Beaucamp

Brogan
09-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Any updates on his condition?

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/monmouth-park-jockey-laurent-beaucamp-critical-stable-condition-monday-spill/

VeryOldMan
09-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Critical but stable seems like a non sequitur.

There was a Facebook comment posted today to the underlying DRF article. Can't vouch for its veracity, but it purports to come from the owner of the horse he was riding. Quoted in full below (article was written by Jim Dunleavy). Wow.

Mr. Dunleavy, my family owns Irresistible Me, we are Briardale Stables and if you watch the head on view of the race you will see the jockey of the 4 horse, Jose Ferrer senses our horse coming along the rail and purposely steers his horse left towards the rail which squeezed us and caused our horse to jump the rail. Ferrer's horse was tiring and falling back and our horse was making a big move to win the race. What Ferrer did was criminal. Laurent is close to death due to Ferrer's horrible dispicable action and lack of regard for others on the racetrack. We want to expose Jose Ferrer for being the danger to horses and people in this industry that he is and I would really appreciate your help if you would review the race and write about it. Ferrer shouldn't be able to get away with what he did.
Regards,
Tony Imbesi

SuperPickle
09-07-2016, 06:02 PM
Critical but stable seems like a non sequitur.

There was a Facebook comment posted today to the underlying DRF article. Can't vouch for its veracity, but it purports to come from the owner of the horse he was riding. Quoted in full below (article was written by Jim Dunleavy). Wow.

Mr. Dunleavy, my family owns Irresistible Me, we are Briardale Stables and if you watch the head on view of the race you will see the jockey of the 4 horse, Jose Ferrer senses our horse coming along the rail and purposely steers his horse left towards the rail which squeezed us and caused our horse to jump the rail. Ferrer's horse was tiring and falling back and our horse was making a big move to win the race. What Ferrer did was criminal. Laurent is close to death due to Ferrer's horrible dispicable action and lack of regard for others on the racetrack. We want to expose Jose Ferrer for being the danger to horses and people in this industry that he is and I would really appreciate your help if you would review the race and write about it. Ferrer shouldn't be able to get away with what he did.
Regards,
Tony Imbesi

I watched it live and watched the replay multiple times. That's simply not what happened. I get someone was badly injured but the idea Ferrer did anything wrong is insane. The video is pretty simple. He was behind the leader. The leader tired. He tried to skim the rail to get through and the rail was never open. The horse got squeezed and tried to jump the rail. It's plan as day.

Brogan
09-08-2016, 05:07 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/injured-rider-beaucamp-transferred-jersey-shore-medical-center

EMD4ME
09-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Prayers for him.......

I pray he gets past this and is fully functional again.

EMD4ME
09-15-2016, 09:22 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/monmouth-park-injured-rider-beaucamp-remains-critical-condition/

Update.

Dontations are being accepted as well for his benefit.