PDA

View Full Version : del mar race 10 will pay didnt match payout

tanner12oz
09-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Pick 4 will pay was 485 to the 4 and it paid 503. Why does something like this happen? No scratches or changes...no idea if the pick 6 or anything else changed

green80
09-05-2016, 10:23 PM
good question. You may have caught someone's hand in the cookie jar.

bruin95
09-06-2016, 12:28 AM
good question. You may have caught someone's hand in the cookie jar.

How so? It paid MORE than what the will pay stated.

Pensacola Pete
09-06-2016, 03:39 AM
The Double and P3 paid the same as the will pays. The P4 and P6 paid more than the will pays.

Net pool pricing would be my guess.

EMD4ME
09-06-2016, 06:09 AM
Isn't net pool pricing for show and place wagers?

EMD4ME
09-06-2016, 06:17 AM
Pick 4 will pay was 485 to the 4 and it paid 503. Why does something like this happen? No scratches or changes...no idea if the pick 6 or anything else changed

At anytime, was the 4 the betting favorite? Were there any early scratches?

I don't play Delmar and I'm away from my PC, sorry for reduntant question.

If no & no, my best guess would be he had a lot of canadian money on him. They calculated the bets as US dollars at first and then when the race paid, they paid the true equated us dollars . (Less dollars on combo as what was first thought).

Only a guess. Either that or they miscalculated the payouts (I can't see that happening as its simple math) after the 7's live tickets went to the losing "new fav" in that race.

You know what? I have no clue :lol: :lol:

But I have seen it before.

tanner12oz
09-06-2016, 06:36 AM
At anytime, was the 4 the betting favorite? Were there any early scratches?

I don't play Delmar and I'm away from my PC, sorry for reduntant question.

If no & no, my best guess would be he had a lot of canadian money on him. They calculated the bets as US dollars at first and then when the race paid, they paid the true equated us dollars . (Less dollars on combo as what was first thought).

Only a guess. Either that or they miscalculated the payouts (I can't see that happening as its simple math) after the 7's live tickets went to the losing "new fav" in that race.

You know what? I have no clue :lol: :lol:

But I have seen it before.

no I dont think any scratches and the horse was 18-1.

how off was the pick 6 payout? Same percentage? You wonder also if this one overpaid if there were numbers that would have underpaid
seems crazy to have bad numbers on pools that have been locked up for multiple hours.

EMD4ME
09-06-2016, 07:12 AM
I agree....

castaway01
09-06-2016, 04:53 PM
This might have been a 4NJBETS/TVG error only, but the $1 Pick 3 will-pay on the winner for race 6 at Parx was (and is) listed at $214.70, but it paid $277. That was a nice bonus. That winner (Dickinson was the horse's name) also went from 6-1 to 9-1 during the race, so "they" were obviously feeling charitable today.

Robert Fischer
09-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Thank you guys for coming forward with the information. I've contacted some friends in the industry and your account balance will be corrected shortly.

tanner12oz
09-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Thank you guys for coming forward with the information. I've contacted some friends in the industry and your account balance will be corrected shortly.

I hope not! I just thought it was weird. Nick Hines verbally said $485 on tv which matched what twinspires was showing then $503 came across the ticker..

castaway01
09-06-2016, 07:13 PM

That was funny, except there are two huge guys in black suits knocking on my door now.

SG4
09-06-2016, 11:02 PM
If no & no, my best guess would be he had a lot of canadian money on him. They calculated the bets as US dollars at first and then when the race paid, they paid the true equated us dollars . (Less dollars on combo as what was first thought)

If this was something which wasn't accounted for in will-pays wouldn't almost every actual payoff be more than the posted will-pay amount? Have to think someone in Canada is cashing a ticket on most big pools.

BCOURTNEY
09-06-2016, 11:05 PM
Maybe they were laying off some of the action and when something unexpected happened they had to dump the money back in quickly, things got messy.

ReplayRandall
09-06-2016, 11:05 PM
If this was something which wasn't accounted for in will-pays wouldn't almost every actual payoff be more than the posted will-pay amount? Have to think someone in Canada is cashing a ticket on most big pools.

And there it is.....

EMD4ME
09-14-2016, 06:59 PM
And there it is.....

Did you move Canada RR? ;)

Can you please stop messing with our will pays ? :D

AskinHaskin
09-20-2016, 01:01 AM

LOL at some of the ideas offered above.

I have worked in a certain mutuel department at a certain track when it was discovered late in the season that each time there had been a scratch in the 2nd half of the Daily Double that year (after the first race was run), there had been a slight miscalculation resulting in approximately $1600 total extra money going to the association.

On closing day, this $1600 was added to the Daily Double pool without telling many people.

It was truly insignificant on all sides, and the error was caused by different states having different rules, and nobody having thought to double-check the then-newish tote system for precision in that area.

This resulted in posted will-pays of $39 and some change, and a Daily Double payout of $41 and some change.

A few fans came to (double-check their eyes/minds) with regard to the discrepancy, but nobody who got $2 extra made any official complaints.

As the payoff in question came in the last pick-4 of the Del Mar season it seems more than likely that a similar error occurred, and was 'corrected' to the best extent possible at the time.

These variances from state to state are common, especially with the intricacies of the NON-everyday payoffs. A good example, is when an "entry" (is that fully a thing of the past now - LOL) finished 1-2, 1-3, or 2-3, some states afforded half the show pool to the entry, and half to the other show horse, while other states split the net show pool 2/3's to the entry and 1/3 to the other show horse.

While I agree that a tote company should dot all of the appropriate I's and cross all of the appropriate T's... there are so many improbable things to cover that way, that I understand why things don't get corrected when the season switches from, say, Turfway, to Belterra (or whatever) and into a different racing jurisdiction.

I hope this makes sense.

tanner12oz
09-20-2016, 06:05 AM
Well that pretty much puts everything into question now doesn't it. Crazy game were involved in here.