PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga P-5

linrom1
09-05-2016, 09:18 PM
So someone hits P5 for $560k during second day of this experimental 3-day trial? What a coincidence?

I want to know what affiliation the winner has to NYRA or to racing!

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2016, 03:38 PM
The winner is the head track super at NYRA, and also the NYRA steward, and also Andy Serling, who deliberately gave out totally different picks on the air so as to not kill his ticket.

rrpic6
09-06-2016, 03:52 PM
The winner is the head track super at NYRA, and also the NYRA steward, and also Andy Serling, who deliberately gave out totally different picks on the air so as to not kill his ticket.

Good one! The negativity here recently is mind boggling. Haters hating on jockeys, trainers, announcers, easy prey TVG, and even a whole thread lashing out at tellers. Don't know how you deal with it. Make everyone take a "time-out" by shutting down a few days might work.

RR

MonmouthParkJoe
09-06-2016, 04:20 PM
The hits keep coming!

linrom1
09-06-2016, 04:21 PM

That wouldn't surprise me at all. NYSE killed the uptick rule right before stock market crash late in 2007, so the fact that NYRA brings in P5 a day or two before someone hits it for $560k is also no coincidence.

I view racing as a market and since all markets are rigged(thank you NY and London) why would it surprise me.

Similarly hedge funds and investment firms are notorious for giving out contrarian opinion so why would A. S give out any information that's useful?

On two Songbird's NYRA races, he lobbied against her and thinks that all she beat was bunch of tomato cans! On the other hand he thought that Frosted was a super horse who deservedly got some astronomical Beyer only to lose to bunch of tomato cans no better than allowance types in probably one of the weakest Woodward fields.

I hope that NYRA never brings back P5, it'll only reduces P4 pools and allows syndicates with some non-public knowledge to scoop up general public bets.

Note that 15% takeout on P5 does not benefit average horse bettor just like 15% tax rate paid on investment income only benefits hedge fund types.

So while you think you are being facetious in your reply to me, you are also very much correct!

NTamm1215
09-06-2016, 04:28 PM
That wouldn't surprise me at all. NYSE killed the uptick rule right before stock market crash late in 2007, so the fact that NYRA brings in P5 a day or two before someone hits it for $560k is also no coincidence.

I view racing as a market and since all markets are rigged(thank you NY and London) why would it surprise me.

Similarly hedge funds and investment firms are notorious for giving out contrarian opinion so why would A. S give out any information that's useful?

On two Songbird's NYRA races, he lobbied against her and thinks that all she beat was bunch of tomato cans! On the other hand he thought that Frosted was a super horse who deservedly got some astronomical Beyer only to lose to bunch of tomato cans no better than allowance types in probably one of the weakest Woodward fields.

I hope that NYRA never brings back P5, it'll only reduces P4 pools and allows syndicates with some non-public knowledge to scoop up general public bets.

Note that 15% takeout on P5 does not benefit average horse bettor just like 15% tax rate paid on investment income only benefits hedge fund types.

So while you think you are being facetious in your reply to me, you are also very much correct!

If there was a Hall of Fame for ridiculous posts on this board, this would be a first ballot candidate.

rsetup
09-06-2016, 04:38 PM
If there was a Hall of Fame for ridiculous posts on this board, this would be a first ballot candidate.Is it true that you and Travis took down one of these p5's? Just curious, not looking to add any fuel

NTamm1215
09-06-2016, 06:40 PM
Is it true that you and Travis took down one of these p5's? Just curious, not looking to add any fuel

Yes, that is correct.

EMD4ME
09-06-2016, 06:45 PM
Yes, that is correct.

Congratulations NICK! Nice JOB !!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :) :) :)

NTamm1215
09-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Congratulations NICK! Nice JOB !!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :) :) :)

Thanks! Was a great sequence to have good opinions and get a little lucky.

rsetup
09-06-2016, 09:04 PM
Yes, that is correct.Way to go!!

thespaah
09-06-2016, 09:19 PM
The winner is the head track super at NYRA, and also the NYRA steward, and also Andy Serling, who deliberately gave out totally different picks on the air so as to not kill his ticket.The bet is three days old and already a conspiracy theorist has come from under a rock to bestow upon us his wisdom.....
Oy vey....

thespaah
09-06-2016, 09:25 PM

Ok....All markets are rigged? IN favor or against whom?
if you think the market here is rigged, then why on Earth do you subject yourself to such misery by having so much as a scintilla of interest in horse racing?...or are you one of these people who participates in an activity just to have something to complain about?
I'd tell you to shut up, but that may ruffle the feathers of PA and CJ so, I won't. I have much respect for those two individuals to risk drawing their ire and continue posting to you.

thespaah
09-06-2016, 09:33 PM
Thanks! Was a great sequence to have good opinions and get a little lucky.
I was astonished anyone could come with that ticket
23-1, 15-1, 6/5( ok I would imagine Mexican Gold was a single)22-1 and 13-1.....Amazing,

NTamm1215
09-06-2016, 10:35 PM
I was astonished anyone could come with that ticket
23-1, 15-1, 6/5( ok I would imagine Mexican Gold was a single)22-1 and 13-1.....Amazing,

That sequence was impossible. I hit on Saturday.

The group I play with was 3-3 on Sunday, but there was absolutely no way I could have ever had the 11th and 12th winners on the same ticket.

Robes
09-06-2016, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE=linrom1]That wouldn't surprise me at all. NYSE killed the uptick rule right before stock market crash late in 2007, so the fact that NYRA brings in P5 a day or two before someone hits it for $560k is also no coincidence.

So while you think you are being facetious in your reply to me, you are also very much correct![/QUOTE

LINROM1 better be careful no one is allowed to criticize the almighty Andy S here.

linrom1
09-06-2016, 10:56 PM
Ok....All markets are rigged? IN favor or against whom?
if you think the market here is rigged, then why on Earth do you subject yourself to such misery by having so much as a scintilla of interest in horse racing?...or are you one of these people who participates in an activity just to have something to complain about?
I'd tell you to shut up, but that may ruffle the feathers of PA and CJ so, I won't. I have much respect for those two individuals to risk drawing their ire and continue posting to you.

I don't bet into P5-P6 pools. I have no stake in that gamble! But for someone like you to insinuate that the winner didn't have any inside knowledge or is not associated with racing is naive beyond reason.

I still remember the biggest P6 in Cali takedown of over a $1million. The winners were Gunther, Mullins et al. :lol: And the most absurd thing was that some TVG analyst said "what a great thing that was, because Gunther puts a lot iof money into racing." :lol:

I only bet into P4 pools that consist of Stake races amounting maybe to $30-40 per day on big racing days like the Breeders Cup, Stars and Stripes, Preakness day etc. It should be pretty obvious why I do that! I can't stand claiming races: it's a cesspool.

I have also paid very little attention to horse racing over the last 10 years until American Pharoah, California Chrome, Songbird, and Tepin: I like to follow their careers and no, other than big races on big days I have no interest in daily racing!!!!

P5-P6s are horrible races for general public: the winnings go to dubious syndicates and fiascos like the Saratoga P5 needs to be exposed.

thaskalos
09-06-2016, 11:52 PM
I don't bet into P5-P6 pools. I have no stake in that gamble! But for someone like you to insinuate that the winner didn't have any inside knowledge or is not associated with racing is naive beyond reason.

I still remember the biggest P6 in Cali takedown of over a $1million. The winners were Gunther, Mullins et al. :lol: And the most absurd thing was that some TVG analyst said "what a great thing that was, because Gunther puts a lot iof money into racing." :lol:

I only bet into P4 pools that consist of Stake races amounting maybe to $30-40 per day on big racing days like the Breeders Cup, Stars and Stripes, Preakness day etc. It should be pretty obvious why I do that! I can't stand claiming races: it's a cesspool.

I have also paid very little attention to horse racing over the last 10 years until American Pharoah, California Chrome, Songbird, and Tepin: I like to follow their careers and no, other than big races on big days I have no interest in daily racing!!!!

P5-P6s are horrible races for general public: the winnings go to dubious syndicates and fiascos like the Saratoga P5 needs to be exposed.

What do you do for "excitement" when the marquee horses are not around?

the little guy
09-07-2016, 12:12 AM
What do you do for "excitement" when the marquee horses are not around?

He defames honest people and says idiotic things on the internet.

It's not obvious?

no breathalyzer
09-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Sweet ****ing score man congrats