PDA

View Full Version : DEL MAR RACE 6

v j stauffer
09-05-2016, 06:17 PM
There's a horse in the 6th at Del Mar I think is an excellent bet.

It's #4 Hollywood Strike.

I was at Santa Anita playing in a live tournament last time he ran.

I watched the movie of his dirt sprint debut. There were only two things I took away from that race.

He doesn't want to sprint. He doesn't want to run on the dirt.

His gallop out was massive.

When they stretched him out on the grass I made a good sized bet on him.

Midway on the back stretch I was wishing I had bet 5 times more.

Then nothing.

If you ever want to know what it looks like when a horse just wasn't fit enough in a race go back and look at this guys film.

He just flat out needed the race. I didn't get pissed because I knew that could very well be the case and if it was I could bet him back.

Well that day has come. However, it's become much more complicated.

1. I really wish Sherriffs hadn't waited 2 1/2 months to run him back. But with John that's what you're going to get and changing your mind because of it is stupid. Bottom line is he knows a hell of a lot more about his horses than I do.

2. Espinoza chooses the other Sherriffs starting in this race Dark Energy. If we know anything we know time has told us to just blindly think Espinoza and his agent are saying Dark Energy is better is very foolish. Another instance where I'm not going to mess up by over thinking the situation or guessing.

3. If there is still a fitness question a less than patient ride could mean the difference between winning and losing. While I adore Joe Talamo for a myriad of reasons I do think he has shown in the past a tendency to move much to early in turf routes. Again. A deal breaker? Hell no.

Why hell no? Because at the end of the day a horses talent. The figures he can run will ultimately carry that day.

There is one thing I am very very sure of. Hollywood Strike is the best horse in this race by about 56 miles.

He'll end up making more in his career than the rest of them combined.

And really when it comes down to it. Isn't what we are looking for? Horses that are much bigger prices than what they should be.

Does it equate to a massive score today? I sure hope so because I'm backing up the truck.

But if not today. I'll have other chances to be right about what I'm sure I know about him.

So there's my tout and before the race.

Good luck. Let's make some $$$.

tophatmert
09-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Last race was on dirt I believe.

johnhannibalsmith
09-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Nice post. Now I have a reason to watch anyway.

johnhannibalsmith
09-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Good news is you should get an ever better price next time.

v j stauffer
09-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Well it took the whole field to beat him.

We'll get the next one.

Sorry boys!

And girls too.

:blush: :(

Odds-On
09-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Race 7 Knight Of Drama was scratched from a tougher spot last week draws the rail 5/1 I'm in less then that ill pass
I like Espinoza next race Go Argento

tophatmert
09-05-2016, 08:01 PM

We'll get the next one.

Sorry boys!

And girls too.

You are good for the handle Vic .I got involved in the 6th and have a DD going to the 4 . Would have preferred the 2 or your horse but anyway always good when people put them selves out there with their opinions.

Nitro
09-05-2016, 08:26 PM

We'll get the next one.

Sorry boys!

And girls too.

No apologies necessary.
I just happed to see you post and I know you generally offer some good advice.
Unfortunately #4 saw minimal action on the board and I put it into my secondary picks
See posts 12 & 13.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133312

All of my selections come directly from analyzing the betting activities.

thespaah
09-05-2016, 09:18 PM
have not seen the PP"s on the recommended horse, but if this one is a closer or a mid pack stalker,, then the horse was compromised by the pedestrian pace of this race.
The 24.96 second quarter did no favors for any horse that comes from off the pace.

thespaah
09-05-2016, 09:29 PM

We'll get the next one.

Sorry boys!

And girls too.

Looks like this horse needs some pace to run at....

v j stauffer
09-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Looks like this horse needs some pace to run at....

Perhaps. Or I might be dead wrong about him. Talamo got after him a bit early today and he sure didn't seem to like being rushed.

He get's one more chance with me. Ideally back on the dirt at Santa Anita. Think it's in there but not willing to spend too much more searching for it. :confused:

Dahoss9698
09-06-2016, 05:35 AM
Perhaps. Or I might be dead wrong about him. Talamo got after him a bit early today and he sure didn't seem to like being rushed.

He get's one more chance with me. Ideally back on the dirt at Santa Anita. Think it's in there but not willing to spend too much more searching for it. :confused:
So after being wrong that he started on turf last time (which you weirdly ignored after someone corrected you), you state you liked the horse after his debut because you're sure he is not a dirt horse.

Now you want to bet him back next time, ideally back on dirt? Makes sense.

stuball
09-06-2016, 01:39 PM
:confused: that was confusing I'm scratching my head

So after being wrong that he started on turf last time (which you weirdly ignored after someone corrected you), you state you liked the horse after his debut because you're sure he is not a dirt horse.

whodoyoulike
09-06-2016, 04:07 PM

Hey! If what you state is what he wrote what's really wrong with it. It was just his opinion. You always seem to have a problem with his posts.

What's the real reason?

I happened to have come across a few posts of yours from several years ago and you were busting his chops way back then. He's stated several times he doesn't know you and yet you continue.

Give us unfamiliar with your gripe(s) a hint so we can understand if it's legit otherwise just to let you know I'm getting tired of reading them. I don't recall people criticizing your posts as frequently as you do his.

Dahoss9698
09-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Hey! If what you state is what he wrote what's really wrong with it. It was just his opinion. You always seem to have a problem with his posts.

What's the real reason?

I happened to have come across a few posts of yours from several years ago and you were busting his chops way back then. He's stated several times he doesn't know you and yet you continue.

Give us unfamiliar with your gripe(s) a hint so we can understand if it's legit otherwise just to let you know I'm getting tired of reading them. I don't recall people criticizing your posts as frequently as you do his.
Just to let you know I don't care how you feel about what I post.

There is an ignore function. Put me on it. That'll help with your issue

Dahoss9698
09-06-2016, 05:06 PM
I stand corrected though, the runner in question did in fact start on dirt last time. My bad.

It still makes no sense to want him back on dirt now after declaring he's not a dirt horse.

whodoyoulike
09-06-2016, 09:29 PM
Just to let you know I don't care how you feel about what I post.

There is an ignore function. Put me on it. That'll help with your issue

Good point. And, you should follow your own advice. Your negativity detracts from the flow of most of the threads. But, if you would just put him on ignore then we wouldn't have to read any of your unnecessary responses. Problem solved.

Now, if I would place you on ignore I'd miss all those gems you may come up with when discussing handicapping or horse racing.

Dahoss9698
09-07-2016, 08:28 AM
Good point. And, you should follow your own advice. Your negativity detracts from the flow of most of the threads. But, if you would just put him on ignore then we wouldn't have to read any of your unnecessary responses. Problem solved.

Now, if I would place you on ignore I'd miss all those gems you may come up with when discussing handicapping or horse racing.
I get it. I should post what you want and how you want it. But you won't put me on ignore in case I provide you some winners.

I'll give you credit, you've got a lot of nerve.