PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Spa late pick 5

thespaah
09-05-2016, 01:59 PM
So far the late pick 5 appears to be a success. The early bet which some thought would be cannibalized by the new late bet has not materialized.
Before the new wager was introduced, the pick 5 was handling about $500k during the weekdays and about 50% more on weekends.
The late pick 5 is handling about one third more than the early....
It is possible that the pick 5 money is coming out of other pools. Based on the numbers, hopefully NYRA will keep the bet. and given its 15% takeout, it appears to be popular....
In other news. Two things. The late pick 5 paid over $2 million for $2...of course with just $695k in the Pick 5 pool, it is obvious one person scooped the pot with a 50 cent bet.
Perhaps the geniuses at Equibase should consider posting payoffs based on the minimum bet base.

RunDustyRun
09-05-2016, 02:41 PM
think its going to take money from the Delmar/SA pick fives, especially when Delmar starts late...I know it got some of mine this weekend as opposed to SoCal

thespaah
09-05-2016, 05:23 PM
think its going to take money from the Delmar/SA pick fives, especially when Delmar starts late...I know it got some of mine this weekend as opposed to SoCal
Whats the takeout percentage for the P-5 in California?

EMD4ME
09-05-2016, 09:41 PM

That is a solid point. I can see that happening.

RunDustyRun
09-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Whats the takeout percentage for the P-5 in California?

14 percent....continues to be a great bet regardless of the sometimes small field sizes...favorites in the first race in SOCAL are always overbet and beating them guarantees a nice payoff...