PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Sheppard's 47 Year Streak in Jeopardy

ReplayRandall
09-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Hall of Fame trainer Jonathan Sheppard has won at least one race at Saratoga every year since 1969 -- an amazing 47 straight years.

No wins yet this meeting (0 for 14) and now has only ONE chance left -- The finale in the 11th on Monday, closing day---->
:11:War Baby (PA) 12-1 F Geroux J E Sheppard

jk3521
09-04-2016, 12:49 PM
I've counted on Mr. Sheppard for at least one longshot play over the years at the Spa and I sure could use a "put over" by him to make my meet to be at least close to breaking even. Little chance, with that horse, plus it'll be a play for all of his followers. This year it seems everything I bet either lost in a photo or finished dead last. :ThmbDown:

Ocala Mike
09-04-2016, 02:53 PM
I guess I'm wrong - could have sworn he won a jump race early in the meet.

I've been following his horses at various tracks most of the year, and it seems like his barn is "afflicted" with "can'twinitis."

He's got the :11: horse in tomorrow in the 11th race for his man, Mr. Pape, so pulling for him.

EMD4ME
09-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Well I don't think this year should count as Saratoga has been renamed, Chad Brown Race Course. Especially on the grass.

Back when Sheppard was running, it wasn't a monopoly game.

olddaddy
09-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Sheppard used to dominate the jump races, not anymore.

thespaah
09-05-2016, 12:21 AM
Hall of Fame trainer Jonathan Sheppard has won at least one race at Saratoga every year since 1969 -- an amazing 47 straight years.

No wins yet this meeting (0 for 14) and now has only ONE chance left -- The finale in the 11th on Monday, closing day---->
:11:War Baby (PA) 12-1 F Geroux J E Sheppard
Closing day at Saratoga...it's the "Anti-Christmas"....
I have a ritual. One opening day I hang my Saratoga flag in front of my house. I try to do this as close to 1pm as possible. First post.
One closing day, as soon as the last race is official, I take down the flag and put it away until the following year.
Call me weird.

WoxFan
09-05-2016, 09:46 AM
First post is at 12:30 today.

BELMONT 6-6-09
09-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Closing day at Saratoga...it's the "Anti-Christmas"....
I have a ritual. One opening day I hang my Saratoga flag in front of my house. I try to do this as close to 1pm as possible. First post.
One closing day, as soon as the last race is official, I take down the flag and put it away until the following year.
Call me weird.

Spaah...you get it, :ThmbUp: life is short and your love of the game makes life worth living!!!