PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturing jobs report

Clocker
09-04-2016, 12:46 AM
Federal, state and local government employed 22,213,000 people in August, while the manufacturing sector employed 12,281,000.

I'm sure it is just a coincidence that the first is going up while the second is going down. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/09/03/ratio-government-manufacturing-workers-will-depress/ (http://hotair.com/archives/2016/09/03/ratio-government-manufacturing-workers-will-depress/)

NJ Stinks
09-04-2016, 01:31 AM
I guess you won't be happy until all manufacturing jobs are shipped out of the USA for capitalistic reasons and every government job is eliminated.

And, of course, who cares where those 34M families live as long as they don't devalue any property near you. :ThmbUp:

davew
09-04-2016, 04:43 AM
I guess you won't be happy until all manufacturing jobs are shipped out of the USA for capitalistic reasons and every government job is eliminated.

And, of course, who cares where those 34M families live as long as they don't devalue any property near you. :ThmbUp:

Thank goodness the Clinton Foundation is doing so much good building sweat shops around the world to help people.

Clocker
09-04-2016, 08:53 AM

What did I say indicating I favored the decline in manufacturing jobs? It's all those government jobs that I would like to see reduced.

"Capitalist reasons" are that capital is generally cheaper than labor, so as the price of labor is driven up by federal regulations, ObamaCare, minimum wages, etc., businesses have the incentive to become more efficient and productive.

Jobs are shipped out of the US for a lot of reasons, including government regulations, tariffs, and restrictions on free trade.

chadk66
09-04-2016, 10:18 AM
What did I say indicating I favored the decline in manufacturing jobs? It's all those government jobs that I would like to see reduced.

"Capitalist reasons" are that capital is generally cheaper than labor, so as the price of labor is driven up by federal regulations, ObamaCare, minimum wages, etc., businesses have the incentive to become more efficient and productive.

Jobs are shipped out of the US for a lot of reasons, including government regulations, tariffs, and restrictions on free trade.it's not a surprise he didn't understand your point.

Tom
09-04-2016, 10:19 AM
How do you support an economy when almost twice the workers are useless government bureaucrats?

You don't.

I know some of you said tax the 1%.....sorry, this thread is in the REAL world, not the liberal dreamland. Your clue was the absence of unicorns, ice cream cones and cookies.

RunForTheRoses
09-04-2016, 10:23 AM
Happy Labor Day

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20160829/layoffs-from-division-consolidation-at-caterpillar-started-monday

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Plus, the private sector jobs that exist have little or no pay raises to offset the rising health care costs due to obamacare.

Many employers get around the costs by hiring mostly part time workers who are forced to pay insane health care costs -- because it is against the law to not buy insurance.

I never bought health insurance when I was younger. I merely paid costs out of pocket. It only cost me a thousand bucks for the birth of each child. Now family health care premiums are more than that every month.

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Happy Labor Day

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20160829/layoffs-from-division-consolidation-at-caterpillar-started-monday

I plead ignorance of their market and do not know if competition is the main reason for the layoffs.

But I do know that insane, mindless, unnecessary regulations were definitely an impact, because they impact private enterprise everywhere.

To those liberals who still don't get it, DEregulation is not UNregulation. We need regulations. It is the unconscionable overload of unececssary ones that cost business so many resources that has destroyed private enterprise in this country.

Clocker
09-04-2016, 11:56 AM
We need regulations. It is the unconscionable overload of unececssary ones that cost business so many resources that has destroyed private enterprise in this country.

We need some regulation for consumer protection, worker safety, and similar issues.

We do not need regulation to manage the free market to make the outcomes "fair". :rolleyes:

lamboguy
09-04-2016, 12:00 PM
How do you support an economy when almost twice the workers are useless government bureaucrats?

You don't.

I know some of you said tax the 1%.....sorry, this thread is in the REAL world, not the liberal dreamland. Your clue was the absence of unicorns, ice cream cones and cookies.i went to building department last week because i needed a permit. the building that they are in is 8 floors full of offices. it must be about 50,000 square feet or more per floor. i went to one division and they had about 150 office workers there. they were all drinking their coffee and shooting the shit. there were about 20 other people walking around giving each other high fives. i was at the counter and the guy helping me was sitting at his desk. he asked me what i need, i said a permit to put up some railings. he was plugging all the info into the computer while the printer was about 10 feet away from the guy. he prints up the stuff and tells me to go around the counter and pick up the papers and go down the hall to the building inspector.

i went to the building inspector and told him what i was going to do and he told me he was up to his eyeballs with inspections and that he can't get around to my project for 3 weeks. then he sent me over to the cashier to pay for the inspection fee which was $180. that portion of the place had about 50 workers all sitting around on their rear ends.

bottom line is they all had good jobs with good wages and i can't pick a winner at Saratoga to save my life

RunForTheRoses
09-04-2016, 12:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9CjnDufqeQ

Clocker
09-04-2016, 12:26 PM
bottom line is they all had good jobs with good wages and i can't pick a winner at Saratoga to save my life

Maybe if you got a job at the building department, you would have more time during the day to handicap Saratoga. :p