PDA

View Full Version : Race Lens---Stats ???

big frank
08-30-2016, 06:11 PM
Has anyone used Race Lens and are there true odds accurate......thanks

BCOURTNEY
08-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Has anyone used Race Lens and are there true odds accurate......thanks

The odds line sucks. I like the pace projections.

big frank
09-01-2016, 08:39 PM
thanks---thought so

PaceAdvantage
09-01-2016, 11:12 PM
The odds line sucks. I like the pace projections.How many races did you test it over and how did you test the odds line? Do you have any statistics that you care to share that proves "it sucks?"

PaceAdvantage
09-01-2016, 11:12 PM
thanks---thought soInteresting. If you thought it already sucked, why would you need to ask?

BCOURTNEY
09-02-2016, 10:35 AM
How many races did you test it over and how did you test the odds line? Do you have any statistics that you care to share that proves "it sucks?"

You didn't ask why I liked the pace projections.

BCOURTNEY
09-02-2016, 10:53 AM
How many races did you test it over and how did you test the odds line? Do you have any statistics that you care to share that proves "it sucks?"

There isn't much sense in sharing statistics to help improve a certain aspect of a widely available commercial product. Anyone is free to run the calculations themselves - I shared a crude opinion after looking at the data myself. My point is that if you want to use that line you will need to calculate the bias and calibrate for it.

PaceAdvantage
09-02-2016, 11:11 AM
You didn't ask why I liked the pace projections.I'm more interested in the publicly stated negative aspects of sponsor products here on this website.

BCOURTNEY
09-02-2016, 12:10 PM
I'm more interested in the publicly stated negative aspects of sponsor products here on this website.

Thanks for being transparent in your motivations. Equibase can now rest assured you have done your part in pushing back against a mixed review and some negative opinion.

Frankly, why bother to respond with any analysis, when the obvious intent is to police statements and opinion that might reflect poorly on a product and will taint any objective discussions?

I could suggest that the topic of measuring odds line accuracy, how to calculate bias and calibrating appropriately be discussed elsewhere for the community benefit. I would also forward the idea that when large calibration is needed, that the term "sucks" be used for the benefit of members without mathematical rigour. I used unsophisticated language to communicate my opinion and have zero regret in doing so.

These opinions are my own, based on my product experience. I liked the RaceLens pace projections I dislike the odds line. I also had a bad meal at McDonalds yesterday also, I didn't like the french fries, if I posted that on social media would the CEO tweet me and ask me to prove it?

What a crazy world we are in now.

PaceAdvantage
09-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Crazy world indeed.

BCOURTNEY
09-02-2016, 03:31 PM
Crazy world indeed.

To be fair - I will start a different thread/vote soon so PA members can decide what the yardstick looks like to measure odds line accuracy. This would be useful before providing statistics, whose interpretation is sometimes subjective. Then we can conduct the measurements using the agreed to methodology. It will be nice to have a base line way to evaluate new product offerings or even a way for someone to measure a home-brewed method if they choose. Ideally, however complex - it should be implemented in a way any excel user can evaluate the results.