PDA

View Full Version : Kings Bishop

Track Phantom
08-27-2016, 03:46 PM
Every person I heard speak on the Kings Bishop, including me, thought the pace would be fast. I didn't predict Drefong to go :23+ for the first quarter. It ended any chance for closers. Have to think Economic Model ran the best race closing into that from a rail draw.

A side note: Good to see two trainers who have very little spotlight and success run one-two in there :)

cj
08-27-2016, 03:50 PM
Every person I heard speak on the Kings Bishop, including me, thought the pace would be fast. I didn't predict Drefong to go :23+ for the first quarter. It ended any chance for closers. Have to think Economic Model ran the best race closing into that from a rail draw.

A side note: Good to see two trainers who have very little spotlight and success run one-two in there :)

I'd say EM ran best of the others...he didn't run better than the winner.

Track Phantom
08-27-2016, 04:02 PM
I'd say EM ran best of the others...he didn't run better than the winner.
23+ first fractions, saving ground uncontested on the rail is quite a big advantage. He's a good horse but I'd bet against him next time if he got he was in with other speed that decided to go with him.

cj
08-27-2016, 04:07 PM
23+ first fractions, saving ground uncontested on the rail is quite a big advantage. He's a good horse but I'd bet against him next time if he got he was in with other speed that decided to go with him.

I hear you, don't think he is a need the lead either though.

thespaah
08-27-2016, 04:10 PM
As soon as I saw the 23 plus quarter i thought of Billy Packer calling the NCAA Final Four game when Duke was getting crushed by 20 pts 10 mins into the first half...."This game......Is OVER!"

Track Phantom
08-27-2016, 04:13 PM
I hear you, don't think he is a need the lead either though.
That may or may not be true but we were discussing whether Drefong or Economic Model ran a better race. While it's easy to say the winner ran better, I believe Economic Model overcame a lot to get beat a length or so and felt Drefong had one of the easiest trips he might have in his entire career.

Maybe Drefong is that good that he could overcome pace pressure. All I know is he didn't have to spend a nickel for half the race. A 50k claimer might have kept going.

Tom
08-27-2016, 04:14 PM
They all came out of the same gate.....maybe some rider changes would help.

cj
08-27-2016, 04:28 PM
That may or may not be true but we were discussing whether Drefong or Economic Model ran a better race. While it's easy to say the winner ran better, I believe Economic Model overcame a lot to get beat a length or so and felt Drefong had one of the easiest trips he might have in his entire career.

Maybe Drefong is that good that he could overcome pace pressure. All I know is he didn't have to spend a nickel for half the race. A 50k claimer might have kept going.

But he didn't get beat a length or so, he got beat by 3 1/4. I'm not knocking the effort, he ran a good race. But Defrong was the better horse pre-race in my opinion and nothing I saw today would change that.

cj
08-27-2016, 04:29 PM
As soon as I saw the 23 plus quarter i thought of Billy Packer calling the NCAA Final Four game when Duke was getting crushed by 20 pts 10 mins into the first half...."This game......Is OVER!"

Was that the Maryland game? Because I still remember it and it sucks as a Terps fan.

Track Phantom
08-27-2016, 04:31 PM
But he didn't get beat a length or so, he got beat by 3 1/4. I'm not knocking the effort, he ran a good race. But Defrong was the better horse pre-race in my opinion and nothing I saw today would change that.
Fair enough. I thought it was closer than 3 1/4.
Can't argue. You come with a good opinion and I respect it.

cj
08-27-2016, 04:36 PM
Fair enough. I thought it was closer than 3 1/4.
Can't argue. You come with a good opinion and I respect it.

Just discussing, no worries, you make good points.

HorsemenHeist
08-27-2016, 08:24 PM
Was that the Maryland game? Because I still remember it and it sucks as a Terps fan.

North Carolina - Kansas, I believe?

EMD4ME
08-27-2016, 08:27 PM
They all came out of the same gate.....maybe some rider changes would help.

yes, if you substitute all of them with Quarter horse jocks from some fair track :lol:

That's the only way these NYRA jocks would GO. If they weren't there :lol: