sq764
07-13-2004, 01:38 PM
http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/27202.htm

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Interesting reading. Thanks for that.

Secretariat
07-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Isn't the NY Post the one that picked Gephardt as Kerry's VP? Yeah, I think that's right.

As to the interview Kerry began to answer and narration of Lesly Stahl masked what he was saying.

Why not read what Kerry said himself on the Floor of the Senate on the ACTUAL voting in 2002 on the Iraqi Resolution rather than getting it second hand in a sound bite?

http://www.independentsforkerry.org/uploads/media/kerry-iraq.html

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
As to the interview Kerry began to answer and narration of Lesly Stahl masked what he was saying.

LOL.

Secretariat
07-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
LOL.

Go back and watch it, but even more important, read Kerry's own words. Enlighten yourself.

sq764
07-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Sec, enlighten me please.. Answer yes or no to the following questions, so they are straight in all of our warped minds:

1) Did Kerry vote FOR the war?

2) Did Kerry vote AGAINST funding the war?

(Just yes or no please)

JustMissed
07-13-2004, 03:58 PM
Secretariat-You need to rename yourself "Maytag". I have never seen anyone or anything spin as much as you do.

I'm surprised the anti-Bush group hasn't hunted you down and shut you up. You sure do make them look like a bunch of fools.

JM

cj
07-13-2004, 04:01 PM
I'm ashamed to find out Sec is from or from near Baltimore. It would explain his spelling though!

Secretariat
07-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by sq764
Sec, enlighten me please.. Answer yes or no to the following questions, so they are straight in all of our warped minds:

1) Did Kerry vote FOR the war?

2) Did Kerry vote AGAINST funding the war?

(Just yes or no please)

In answer to your queston as you ask.

1) NO

2) YES

Read his own words before the Iraq Resolution vote in 2002:

http://www.independentsforkerry.org/uploads/media/kerry-iraq.html

Secretariat
07-13-2004, 05:57 PM
To elucidate on the above, the Iraqi Resolution WAS NOT a resolution to go to war, so to say he voted to go to WAR is a complete misrepresentation of what that Resolution was about. Read the resolution. THat is why I said NO, Kerry did NOT vote to go to WAR.

On the second point, he voted against Bush's funding bill because we couldn't afford it without increasing deficits, and because he had said in the first bill he would oppose additional spending if the President was acting in bad faith (read Kerry's speech). On the second bill, Kerry had submitted an alternative that paid for the war by eliminating part of the tax cut on the wealthiest individuals. In other words, the wealthiest americans would have to pay for the war. Bush said he would not sign that. In other words, Bush was OK if we ran deificts off the war for our children to pay, BUT Bush would not sign off on a war in which the wealthiest people in this country had to make a sacrifice of a few bucks to help pay this pre-emptive war to stop WMD's (which we are still searching for).

I think he voted correctly. The question could be asked WHY would Bush not support our troops by signing off on Kerry's alternative.

JustMissed
07-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Hey Maytag, you spin so much do you ever get dizzy?

Even Kerry admits he voted for the war and here you are saying he didn't vote for the war.

How do you look yourself in the mirror each morning. Unbelievable.

JM:cool:

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
Go back and watch it, but even more important, read Kerry's own words. Enlighten yourself.

Actually, the LOL was in reference to you implying that 60 minutes actually did something NON-BENEFICIAL to John F. Kerry (good ol' Miss Stahl 'masking' what John F*** Kerry was saying)!!

That could never happen, could it?

sq764
07-13-2004, 09:43 PM
You know Sec, this is the one thing i respected Kerry for - he admitted he initially was for the war, then realized he was against it..

Now you are trying to deny that he voted for it.. Sheesh, if you guys could ever keep your lies and inconsistencies straight, you might have a shot to win this thing.. until then..

Tom
07-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Yesterday, while Kerry was going around the country whinning and bitching and missing have Edwards at his side, Bush was examining the cache of WMD turned over by Libya - REAL WMD out of the hands of terrorosits, thanks to George W. Bush.
That is the difference between Kerry and Bush....Kerry talks the talk while Bush walks the walk.
Bush is right on and doing a fantastic job.
This is what can be done when you shakle off the old rules and tell the old allies where the sun don't shine when they get in the way of progress. Screw Europe. Bush is getting the job done and it is killing the dems.

Secretariat
07-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by sq764
You know Sec, this is the one thing i respected Kerry for - he admitted he initially was for the war, then realized he was against it..

Now you are trying to deny that he voted for it.. Sheesh, if you guys could ever keep your lies and inconsistencies straight, you might have a shot to win this thing.. until then..

If you look at that resolution it is to give the PRESIDENT power to use miltiary force as a last resort to disarm Hussein AFTER working with the UN to restart inspections WHICH Blix was doing.

Nowhere does it authoirze a premptive WAR against Iraq. In fact Kerry said in his pre-vote speech on the Senate Floor it does not do that. Read his speech.

Secretariat
07-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Screw Europe.

You could have at least said <Cheney Expletive> Europe...

Tom
07-13-2004, 11:38 PM
You got that one bone and you keep knawing on it. PRetty slim pickins at the DNC this week?