PDA

View Full Version : PARX

Donttellmeshowme
08-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Are they shut down? Haven't been following PARX lately but went to there entries and there were none.

castaway01
08-26-2016, 12:43 PM
Are they shut down? Haven't been following PARX lately but went to there entries and there were none.
Most years they take a few weeks off in August. They start back in September building to PA Derby and Cotilion day.

Donttellmeshowme
08-29-2016, 05:06 PM
Entries were suppose to be taken today for Saturday the 3rd but i dont see anything yet on Equibase.

Saratoga_Mike
08-29-2016, 05:39 PM
The entire card is PA-bred races, so the races will fill...not sure what else might be the hold up.

WoxFan
08-29-2016, 09:16 PM
Power outage on monday morning delayed the draw until tuesday.

camourous
08-30-2016, 06:09 AM
Yea a Goose got into the transformer and knocked out the power at the track

alhattab
08-30-2016, 07:12 AM
The entire card is PA-bred races, so the races will fill...not sure what else might be the hold up.

Any chance the issue with the PA-bred $ not being paid could be triggering an entry box boycott? If I understand correctly they haven't been paid since March when the legislators screwed up the wording in the law governing such things.

camourous
08-30-2016, 07:22 AM
Any chance the issue with the PA-bred $ not being paid could be triggering an entry box boycott? If I understand correctly they haven't been paid since March when the legislators screwed up the wording in the law governing such things.

the power did not come on until around noon so entries were delayed.

onefast99
08-30-2016, 10:53 AM
Double the purses in October, should be full fields and lots of good payoffs!

Rise Over Run
08-30-2016, 10:19 PM
Yea a Goose got into the transformer and knocked out the power at the track
Are you sure it wasn't a fox? I thought the had issues with fox living at the track. :lol:

SG4
08-30-2016, 11:26 PM
Some more news from everyone's favorite racetrack:

http://www.drf.com/news/pennsylvania-commission-reverses-parx-disqualification

So why does it take a commission about 9 months to reverse a DQ which was based solely on the race & nothing to do with drugs etc?? In this time the original winner of the race, who now loses the purse money, had therefore lost her allowance condition, was not competitive stepping up, then dropped in to a claimer & was taken away. This is so unfair to the owners of that horse, and obviously bettors feel screwed again as well.

In watching this race replay (Parx 11/30/15 race 8), I'm conflicted as the horse who was DQ'ed was clear, but veered out sharply which definitely affected the momentum of the runner up. It was also the result of the jock switching to a left-hand stick which caused the horse to bear out, so not just some random move which I think stewards may be more forgiving of. Surprised a commission would overturn something which really didn't seem like gross incompetence. This type of interference to me is the hardest to make a ruling on - can a horse who is clear by say 1 1/2 to 2 lengths just weave all over the track as long as they don't make contact, even if it affects the path of the horses behind it who are trying to react?

EMD4ME
08-31-2016, 12:03 AM

So why does it take a commission about 9 months to reverse a DQ which was based solely on the race & nothing to do with drugs etc?? In this time the original winner of the race, who now loses the purse money, had therefore lost her allowance condition, was not competitive stepping up, then dropped in to a claimer & was taken away. This is so unfair to the owners of that horse, and obviously bettors feel screwed again as well.

In watching this race replay (Parx 11/30/15 race 8), I'm conflicted as the horse who was DQ'ed was clear, but veered out sharply which definitely affected the momentum of the runner up. It was also the result of the jock switching to a left-hand stick which caused the horse to bear out, so not just some random move which I think stewards may be more forgiving of. Surprised a commission would overturn something which really didn't seem like gross incompetence. This type of interference to me is the hardest to make a ruling on - can a horse who is clear by say 1 1/2 to 2 lengths just weave all over the track as long as they don't make contact, even if it affects the path of the horses behind it who are trying to react?

Maybe someone can send our DQ thread over to the various commissions and get some more reversed ? :lol: :lol: :bang: :bang:

Holy Crap. You are so correct. Bettors screwed. Owners screwed. Were the stewards fined, demoted, suspended? Probably got promoted by now.

onefast99
08-31-2016, 05:25 PM

In watching this race replay (Parx 11/30/15 race 8), I'm conflicted as the horse who was DQ'ed was clear, but veered out sharply which definitely affected the momentum of the runner up. It was also the result of the jock switching to a left-hand stick which caused the horse to bear out, so not just some random move which I think stewards may be more forgiving of. Surprised a commission would overturn something which really didn't seem like gross incompetence. This type of interference to me is the hardest to make a ruling on - can a horse who is clear by say 1 1/2 to 2 lengths just weave all over the track as long as they don't make contact, even if it affects the path of the horses behind it who are trying to react?How do you know the new owners weren't aware of the case before the commission? The previous owner now has 20k more from the reversal.