PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga: Wed., August 24

Teach
08-24-2016, 11:41 AM
Race One:

Don’t know much about “Jumpers” so take my comments, lightly.

:8: Help From Heaven has a race over the turf course, a plus. This chestnut gelding was second to a runaway winner. A more evenly contested race would give him a shot at the winner’s circle.. Paul Fout’s a solid trainer who does reasonably well w/allowance types. Others: :5: , :4: , :3: , :2:

Race Two:

:8: Learning Curve takes a significant class drop. This Maria’s Mon-bred filly ships in from CD where she was fourth against significantly better. Rom Moquett owns and trains. This filly has been on the shelf for a while, but a solid recent morning-work signals readiness. An added plus, Jose Ortiz is in the irons. Oh, the filly adds blinkers. Others: :5: , :9: , :3:

Race Three:

:2: Staff Sgt Reckless takes a significant class drop and shortens up from a route to a sprint. Irad will likely have to angle to outside. Critical factor. This Delaware shipper's trainer, Joan Scott, does well with route to sprint races. Others: :1: , :6: , :7:

Race Four:

:8: Zoot Suit has been on the shelf since mid-March; yet this colt’s trainer, Peter Pugh, does well with those types. This colt was last seen on the race track winning a turf sprint at GP in a maiden-breaking effort. The morning works have been very good; a recent “bullet” Luis Saez in the stirrups. Others: :3: , :1: , :2:

Race Five:

:6: Tainted Angel is my pick in this MSW state-bred sprint. This Yes It’s True-bred has been a bridesmaid in her only two pari-mutuel races. A chance to graduate? The capable Abby Adsit is having a lackluster meet; yet, is this the filly that puts her and the distaffer’s connections in the winner’s circle? The streaky Luis Saez is in the irons. :3: , :2: , :5:

Race Six:

:1: Mongo Nation is my off-the-wall choice in this MSW sprint. Much is unknown. Yet, much will be determined...in the first few seconds. This colt does have turf pedigree, e.g., Speightstown. The dam, Ciao, also has turf in her lineage. If this colt breaks sharply from the gate (the operative word is “if”…well, it might just be: “Katy-Bar-The Door!”). David Fawkes trains; he does well with turf debuts. The veteran jock, Joe Bravo, is in the irons. Others: :2: , :6: , :8:

Race Seven:

In this claiming turf route, my pick is :5: Greywalls (yes, I’m going to try to beat the presumed odds-on favorite). This City Zip-bred grey filly ships in from Monmouth where she was last seen finishing fifth after leading into the stretch. The slight cut back to one mile should help. So too should the services of the aggressive Ricardo Santana, Jr. Trainer John Terranova II is have a solid meet, nearly half his charges have hit the board. Only caveat: this filly hasn’t raced in nearly two months. Others: :2: , :4: , :6:

Race Eight:

Another longshot try, :8: Adirondack Posse. Why? Trainer Gary Contessa. Manny Franco in the irons. A solid recent morning 3-panel work. A good sprint record (the added ½ panel should help. Others: :9: , :7: , :6:

Race Nine:

In the non-graded John’s Call turf marathon, my pick is :10: Street Fashion. This Street Sense-bred gelding can handle the distance. Add the services of Joel Rosario. A solid trainer in Graham Motion. Motion does well with horses that have been on the shelf. Second-a nose in the non-graded Cape Hanlopen at Delaware Park in early July. Has the stamina. Has hit the tote in six out ten lifetime turf tries. Others: :3: , :1: , :2:

Race Ten:

:4: Stella Street is the obvious choice in this turf route. Yet this lightly-raced Irish-bred hasn’t shown much in her four American pari-mutuel starts. The meet’s leading trainer, Mechanicsville, NY’s Chad Brown, speaks volumes. On paper, this filly holds a distinct class edge. Yet, why would Klaravich Stables et al. be dropping her in for a 40k tag? Mysterious. Only her connections know. Irad in the irons. Others: :6: , :10: , :2: