PDA

View Full Version : Running Style

kdavis7837
08-23-2016, 06:17 PM
A horse has run on the lead in 8 of its 13 races, suddenly the last two he did not want any part of lead and ran last to first call, two different Jockey's, both sprints
I would assume trainer instructions to try and fiqure out best run style for this horse, he can run fractions that would effect the outcome of his next race if he reverts back to going for the lead, 3rd jockey in as many races today, Low % Jockey and low % Trainer
If you where going to label this horses style would you label him a front runner or assume back of pack again for the 3rd time?

green80
08-23-2016, 06:19 PM
I would guess the horse has something bothering him where he cannot make the lead anymore. It is easier on the horse to come from out of it.

betovernetcapper
08-23-2016, 06:40 PM
I'd take a look at the result charts from last 2 races & see if he were facing either superior early speed or a probable speed duel (3-5 E horses). If that's the case, the trainer may have instructed the joc to lay off the pace & try to come on in the stretch. This usually only works if you have a horse that can be rated & a talented jockey.
I'd also look at his break position. If he broke first or second & then was put on hold by the joc, I'd be inclined to assume he's OK. If if broke poorly & showed no early speed, my sense would be he was off form unless he did come on to win or finish within two lengths of the winner.

kdavis7837
08-24-2016, 04:45 PM
Thanks
Charts from last two both said hustled up early
Just could not get Position, fractions in both races would not have been a problem earlier
Horse scratched anyway, possible problems? but labeling could have been an issue, will remember this next time
Thanks again

raybo
08-29-2016, 03:02 AM
Thanks
Charts from last two both said hustled up early
Just could not get Position, fractions in both races would not have been a problem earlier
Horse scratched anyway, possible problems? but labeling could have been an issue, will remember this next time
Thanks again

My opinion, if the horse runs better races on the early lead than from off the pace, then he's probably an E style. Otherwise anything is possible, including causing pressure problems for other confirmed early types. Tread lightly regarding projecting early battles under those conditions, maybe look at class/power and connections as a priority in such cases. JMHO!