PDA

View Full Version : PACE VIEW PLATINUM

NorCalGreg
08-23-2016, 04:45 PM
As promised here's a look at the newest "STAR WARS" version of the Original Pace View Pro. I call it Star Wars because I'm still blown away by what's become of that little 4 button/4 screen Pace Program I began with.

I did very well with that original rudimentary module, by the way. Pace Advantage has an annual Belmont Pick-4 contest that runs every weekend for couple months. I didn't win the dang thing--but with my original Pace View I nailed maybe a half dozen pick-4's and finished in the top 20.

With my programming partner Steve...we hammered out PACE VIEW PRO and quite frankly--the sales and support and encouragement from PA staff and forum members was unbelievable and unexpected. I received feedback daily from users, impartial observers--and folks that had never used the program--had no intention of purchasing PACE VIEW, but gladly offered their "review" anyway.

I listened to every suggestion, every time someone e-mailed and asked about a feature--I wrote it down.
I and Steve immediately began work on a new program--even as I was sort of flailing away, figuring out how to send digital copies. I learned on the job--it's very simple now. Some of you early purchasers will remember the trouble I had with e-mailing the program, switching to Drop Box, to Wiki-Send. Finally everyone got their program, we offered free updates---everyone got those.

NOW...3 months later--we are putting the finishing touches on PACE VIEW PLATINUM. Everything you asked for, that I could possibly do--is there.
PRINTING, HI-LIGHTING, SORTING, MUCH MORE INFO, 12 SPOT PLAYS BUILT IN.

here is a column for TURF POWER, my own proprietary SPEED, ITM$, EPS as a % of todays purse, LAST RACE FINISH, TOTAL OF LAST 3 BRIS SR, A PROPRIETARY ABILITY FIGURE.

I'm going to have to explain every SPOT PLAY via READ ME text--would take up another few pages to properly explain each one.
I'm a speed and longshot player---so there is a good assortment of spot plays for those. There is a race @ Ft Erie 8th race, a minor Stakes Race that I found a SPEED BLAST spot play named MASQUERADE PARTY
I went ahead and bet that horse @ 12-1 ML.
I kept BEST BETS--that seemed to be very popular with exotic bettors...as well as LONE SPEED, which Pandy consulted on improving it.

This won't be available for another week---PACE VIEW PRO is now and will continue to be my flagship product, don't worry about that.

For your support---previous PVPro purchasers will get a rebate or discount of
the $35 spent on PVP for purchasing PLATINUM. I just have to get it figured out with PAYPAL--shouldn't be a problem.

NorCalGreg
08-23-2016, 04:47 PM
Here it is:

NorCalGreg
08-23-2016, 04:51 PM
One new feature I neglected to mention:

double-click on any horse---(I double clicked on MASQUERADE PARTY) this appears on your screen: PAST PERFORMANCES

NorCalGreg
08-23-2016, 05:03 PM
By the way....a couple features aren't in yet---namely ABILITY FIGURE...I'm pretty excited about that--it will go all the way in the last column.

One of the fun things I've already found--with the SORT FEATURE--is to go into the 2.5L screen ---which shows every horse on the card that has shown early speed one of last two minimum---and click the LATE POWER SORT.

It shows all the early horses with LATE power---I've already found a couple longshots with this spot play. Just think of all the other possibilities you can sort---TOP TURF HORSE OF THE DAY--find the horse whose last 3 bris speed total the highest--find the highest ITM% horses on the card....and on and on.

The first question I'm sure (because this would be my first question)---HOW MUCH IS IT GOING TO RETAIL FOR?

4I plan to take this to E-Bay as well....so I'm thinking $64.99 per digital copy.

Disk are a hassle sometimes....but it's necessary--those will be higher.

Thanks for taking the time to look PACE VIEW PLATINUM over--NCG

*If you have a couple spot plays, etc.. you would like made into a software program STEVANFARMER@YAHOO.COM send him an inquiry--it's free to ask.

Tor Ekman
08-23-2016, 05:17 PM
You've outdone yourself, NCG. Very impressive, indeed. What's the ETA?

bruin95
08-23-2016, 07:22 PM
When you say Sort Feature, does that mean we will be able to click on columns, ex. speed, late power, prime, etc. and it will sort the horses in the race from highest to lowest? I've always wanted that feature in PRO. I've also always wanted the ability to scratch horses, too.

NorCalGreg
08-23-2016, 07:25 PM
You've outdone yourself, NCG. Very impressive, indeed. What's the ETA?

By this weekend at the latest, Tor.

To Bruin.....yes! I've always lamented that part missing from pro. Then...you can print it out----I like the speed tracks--so I'll be printing SPEED BLAST horses, or LONE SPEED w/EARLY POWER

Edit: can't print out the pp's though--not yet anyway. I really wanted that for trainer angles, etc---don't really need the full blown pp's.
Every column can sort---so you want the list of TOP POWER? Sort that list out and get THE TOP POWER OF THE CARD.

***you always could scratch horses, Bruin---PM me for instructs

UltimateBetter
08-24-2016, 10:48 AM
Have u set a price for it or is there going to be an upgrade such an awesome product cannot wait my friend

jk3521
08-24-2016, 01:44 PM
Nice going, Greg. You're always trying to improve your product, I like that !

Thanks for the sorting feature, makes thing a lot easier after going cross-eyed trying to do it by eye.

NorCalGreg
08-24-2016, 05:39 PM
Have u set a price for it or is there going to be an upgrade such an awesome product cannot wait my friend

As you can imagine--this program was a little more expensive to produce than Original Pace View, UB.
I've finally decided on a $59.99 retail for PLATINUM.

However--to thank those that purchased and supported PACE VIEW ---you will be able to apply the $35 spent on PV--towards the cost of Platinum.

So--if you previously purchased my program--this one will be $25. I hope that sounds fair enough.

I truly believe this program is worth the $59.99 retail--any new users will not be disappointed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice going, Greg. You're always trying to improve your product, I like that !

Thanks for the sorting feature, makes thing a lot easier after going cross-eyed trying to do it by eye.

LOL...I'm almost legally blind now...been using this program in various versions forever. The HI-LITING A HORSE feature is also something sorely needed, as quite a few seniors use Pace View--and let me know that was
not a luxury--but a necessity.

jk3521
08-24-2016, 06:55 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------LOL...I'm almost legally blind now...been using this program in various versions forever. The HI-LITING A HORSE feature is also something sorely needed, as quite a few seniors use Pace View--and let me know that was
not a luxury--but a necessity.

Losing your eye sight is an occupational hazard of us horse players. I saw one guy at an OTB walk up to the TV monitor with a big magnifying glass to watch a race.

NorCalGreg
08-24-2016, 08:04 PM
I just got this revision back from Steve--it includes "ABILITY" ...something I came up with through research. I've been excited about adding this figure to Platinum--now I can show it.

Wish I could show images without having to squeeze the pixels out of them--but unfortunately that's a minor drawback when posting here.

I mentioned a good way to get a group of contenders, pre-screened for speed (I consider that a vital attribute) is to click the 2.5L button.

That will display basically--every horse on today's card that has shown early speed. Simple, right? "Early" just means being in "contact" with the group at first call/ within 5 lengths.

I always use that group for testing --and betting. So when you want to look at sorting the "contenders" as a group--that's what 2.5L is useful for.

So I clicked on 2.5L....and sorted ABILITY to show me the top horses by this rating. There were 4 horses bunched at the top---with a gap to the rest. I consider that the TOP GROUP.

Take a look at the top group of 4--look at the ML--and results.

*BTW...ABILITY is completely independent of POWER NUMBER..it's a figure that includes the higher class horses

mikesal57
08-24-2016, 08:35 PM
As you can imagine--this program was a little more expensive to produce than Original Pace View, UB.
I've finally decided on a $59.99 retail for PLATINUM.

O MY GOD....

Thats a ripoff!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice going Buddy

Mike

Can I now have my raise

NorCalGreg
08-24-2016, 09:20 PM
O MY GOD....

Thats a ripoff!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice going Buddy

Mike

Can I now have my raise

Unfortunately...any staff raises will have to be revisited at a later date (Doesn't THAT sound familiar?)

Best I can do for now---you can keep your job at your present pay. BTW....you're doing a fine job :)

NorCalGreg
08-24-2016, 09:25 PM
I'm making a banner link to go in the upcoming HORSEPLAYER'S MONTHLY.

Here's my website comment about HANA:

UltimateBetter
08-24-2016, 10:49 PM
i have your software ave you setup your paypal.

NorCalGreg
08-25-2016, 07:38 AM
i have your software ave you setup your paypal.

DIZZZAAAMMMMMM!! Where were all these gorgeous Asian ladies in the dating ads suddenly appearing on PA, when I was single?

(like I would have had a shot with any of them when I WAS single) :D

Oh sorry---was distracted. I'll have the PayPal thing set up, UB.

Not to worry-NCG

NorCalGreg
08-25-2016, 07:57 AM
In case you may be pondering a career in the glamorous, high-ticket world of horse racing software ...here's a snip from my website:

*This ring is so heavy--I think it's actual size made out of something shiny...you ever go fishing, and get hung up and have to snap your line? Well if I ever run out of fishing weights...I can tie this on the end of my line. :cool:

mikesal57
08-25-2016, 08:02 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NorCalGreg
08-25-2016, 08:12 AM
When I send programs out...several times customers have complained their Anti-Virus is refusing to allow it to be opened.

People are complaining about a couple FBI drones over Baltimore...but will allow an anti-virus program to decide what you can and can't have on your comp?

Everything is scanned before it is sent out--but it's good you also have some type of security installed---no problem with that at all. Whatever you have to do--allow your A-V to scan it--turn it off --open the file--turn your A-V back on....whatever.
I'm no expert on that--but some have that software set so it rejects everything.

Pretty positive I'll get e-mail about this very subject--so here is a pre-emptive notice. This will be up prominently displayed on my site as well.

I can't help you any further with your individual situation, okay? It's your computer you do what's best. This happened to one of my crew I mailed a program to....and the result:

(for proof I didn't switch files or anything shady---look at the misspelled file name--it's the same typo on both--if you are unable to find the misspelled word--nevermind :D )

jk3521
08-25-2016, 11:42 AM
DIZZZAAAMMMMMM!! Where were all these gorgeous Asian ladies in the dating ads suddenly appearing on PA, when I was single?

(like I would have had a shot with any of them when I WAS single) :D

You need AdBlock ! :D

mikesal57
08-25-2016, 11:50 AM
You need AdBlock ! :D

No he needs ab's....he has flab's

UltimateBetter
08-25-2016, 12:23 PM
Let me know when your ready I will send money the 25

Pensacola Pete
08-25-2016, 12:43 PM
I'm not surprised that some users get false positives from their antivirus software. Some people have their security settings so insanely high that anything that isn't verified as trusted by the security software brand will trigger a false positive, and some of the software itself comes set to a very paranoid level. Some poorly-programmed security software will pick up false positives from innocent programs. Sometimes a program that tries to open outside files (in this case the BRIS files) will trigger a false positive. Sometimes many other things will trigger a false positive.

The latest version of PaceView that I have is 10.4. I put it through VirusTotal, which scans a file with several anti-malware programs. Here are the results:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2b564cfc5cbf3f96e325087f3aeb47a53f41cf273fdcf6782e 6997a422d34a4a/analysis/1472142213/

Comodo and Qihoo-360 are notorious for false positives. I don't know much about Crowd Strike; it's relatively new to VirusTotal.

The fact that Bitdefender, Symantec, TrendMicro, Malwarebytes, and Kaspersky all had no issues with the program should be sufficient. Also, there are many users, and we haven't seen any reports of computers being compromised.

If a security software isn't allowing the program to be opened, the user can set an exception for the program in preferences. The user might also set an exception for the C:\Paceview folder, so that updates to the program don't need to have exceptions made for them. However, setting a folder exception can have some risks of other malware installing itself into that folder.

NorCalGreg
08-25-2016, 01:04 PM
I'm not surprised that some users get false positives from their antivirus software. Some people have their security settings so insanely high that anything that isn't verified as trusted by the security software brand will trigger a false positive, and some of the software itself comes set to a very paranoid level. Some poorly-programmed security software will pick up false positives from innocent programs. Sometimes a program that tries to open outside files (in this case the BRIS files) will trigger a false positive. Sometimes many other things will trigger a false positive.

The latest version of PaceView that I have is 10.4. I put it through VirusTotal, which scans a file with several anti-malware programs. Here are the results:

Comodo and Qihoo-360 are notorious for false positives. I don't know much about Crowd Strike; it's relatively new to VirusTotal.

The fact that Bitdefender, Symantec, TrendMicro, Malwarebytes, and Kaspersky all had no issues with the program should be sufficient. Also, there are many users, and we haven't seen any reports of computers being compromised.

If a security software isn't allowing the program to be opened, the user can set an exception for the program in preferences. The user might also set an exception for the C:\Paceview folder, so that updates to the program don't need to have exceptions made for them. However, setting a folder exception can have some risks of other malware installing itself into that folder.

Thank you Pete....very timely info. Comodo will at least "sandbox" a file---some of the others don't seem to even be that forgiving. As you said---the user has control (or should have) of his own A-V software.

Inevitably I'll get an e-mail asking me what's wrong with my software :bang:

If you don't mind, I'd like to post an excerpt on the website.

-NCG

NorCalGreg
08-28-2016, 08:58 AM
PLATINUM upgrades are currently available -particulars are on the website

Appreciate your support--NCG

UltimateBetter
08-28-2016, 12:16 PM
Ready to send my 25 bucks right.

Pensacola Pete
08-28-2016, 04:01 PM
I'll be playing the horses fairly actively for the next few months. I want to cash in on this before others get hold of it, figure out what to do with it, and drive down the mutuels.

Once again, Greg offered me the upgrade for free, as he did the original program, both in return for testing. Once again, I sent him the money for it. He's entitled to compensation for his efforts, and I have done very well with the program: well enough to wish it wasn't being sold.

dartman51
08-28-2016, 04:11 PM
Now, THIS is more like it.

Just downloaded the PVP program, loaded up Saratoga, and BAM

2nd Race, LONE SPEED :3: AVERY MAEVE hit for $34.20, boxing with the exacta horses for the 2nd, got you the :4: and :8: . Ran :3: :8: :4: Exacta paid $129

3rd Race, the Exacta selections, :4: and :6: , ran :4: , :6: paid $52.50

6th Race BEST BET :7: IT'S YOUR NICKEL nailed the WIN at 30/1 and paid $63.00 for the win.

So far, so good Greg. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

This is using JCapper files.

NorCalGreg
08-28-2016, 04:36 PM
Now, THIS is more like it.

Just downloaded the PVP program, loaded up Saratoga, and BAM

2nd Race, LONE SPEED :3: AVERY MAEVE hit for $34.20, boxing with the exacta horses for the 2nd, got you the :4: and :8: . Ran :3: :8: :4: Exacta paid $129

3rd Race, the Exacta selections, :4: and :6: , ran :4: , :6: paid $52.50

6th Race BEST BET :7: IT'S YOUR NICKEL nailed the WIN at 30/1 and paid $63.00 for the win.

So far, so good Greg. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

This is using JCapper files.

Glad you're enjoying the program, Dartman--you may miss out on a lone

speed play or two--with those J-cappers--speed/pace ratings are slightly

different--NCG

NorCalGreg
08-28-2016, 04:37 PM
Ready to send my 25 bucks right.

It's only $20 for upgrade, UB

railbird
08-30-2016, 02:49 AM
This has just about every thing a handicapping tool should have it's like the Swiss knife of software , looks like a winner Greg , good luck.

Endearus
09-25-2016, 09:14 PM
What data files can it use?

NorCalGreg
09-25-2016, 09:19 PM
What data files can it use?

Bris single file, Multi-Caps files...and if you already have j-caps--it will work with those. J-cap data is slightly different--so the jury is out on whether you'll get more, less, or the same winners--NCG

Rferguson
10-12-2016, 12:31 AM
It seems that interest has waned no post for 2 weeks. a couple of suggestions, how about posting the programs picks for a few days before the races. Anyone can point to something that won after the race is over. Also instead of putting all the work of what factors or angles that are winning at certain tracks on the user have the compute keep track of that and provide a printout. I'm sure the developer put plenty of work in the program, and i like what i see so far, but i would like to see these additions.
Ron F

upthecreek
10-12-2016, 05:49 AM
It seems that interest has waned no post for 2 weeks. a couple of suggestions, how about posting the programs picks for a few days before the races. Anyone can point to something that won after the race is over. Also instead of putting all the work of what factors or angles that are winning at certain tracks on the user have the compute keep track of that and provide a printout. I'm sure the developer put plenty of work in the program, and i like what i see so far, but i would like to see these additions.
Ron F
He does everyday and so do other users Its here
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2059240#post2059240

Rferguson
10-25-2016, 06:39 PM
No comments in 2 weeks. What does that tell you??

NorCalGreg
10-25-2016, 07:30 PM

Fergie....it should tell you you're looking in the wrong thread. Click the link above your post---THAT'S the thread you want. :ThmbUp:

Tom
10-25-2016, 09:55 PM

Too busy making money to post?

upthecreek
10-26-2016, 05:47 AM
There's at least a dozen posts a day Look in the thread I posted

Southbaygent
10-27-2016, 10:30 AM
Tells you that you need to read replies to your post, look HERE: :jump:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2059240#post2059240

upthecreek
10-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Check out post #1776 in the thread I posted & you'll see he gave out a $345 exacta