PDA

View Full Version : Elliot amd Gill part ways

peakpros
07-12-2004, 08:56 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/57261.html

Buddha
07-12-2004, 09:20 PM
that didnt take long. seems noone can ride first call for him. didnt wasnt Jeremy Rose riding first call for him last year for a couple of weeks, and tehy part ways? at least he is still going to ride some for him

Dancer's Image
07-12-2004, 09:31 PM
link didn't work for me...again!!!

JustRalph
07-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Dancer's Image
link didn't work for me...again!!!

Works for me..........what are your symptoms?

CryingForTheHorses
07-13-2004, 02:18 PM
This M Gill is quite a guy!!
This guy loves to claim horses!!
Only thing is he is spending the money and really doesnt have a """sharp""" trainer to help him along. This is the kind of guy I would dream to train for...He LOVES to win and he should win with the money he spends.I know he does win a lot of races but he could win more..With the amount of money he spends he should be leading owner!!
Its very easy to blame the jock...Im sure lots of the horses he rode didnt respond because maybe they were in the wrong race or they had issues that bothered them.You CANT blame the jock for EVERY loss.Remember this:
You can put GOD on your horse and if he isnt right, He wont win

peakpros
07-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by McSchell_Racing
This M Gill is quite a guy!!
This guy loves to claim horses!!
Only thing is he is spending the money and really doesnt have a """sharp""" trainer to help him along. This is the kind of guy I would dream to train for...He LOVES to win and he should win with the money he spends.I know he does win a lot of races but he could win more..With the amount of money he spends he should be leading owner!!
Its very easy to blame the jock...Im sure lots of the horses he rode didnt respond because maybe they were in the wrong race or they had issues that bothered them.You CANT blame the jock for EVERY loss.Remember this:
You can put GOD on your horse and if he isnt right, He wont win

Gill leads the country in wins this year with 240 About 130 more than second plac.

His outfit is second in purse money won. With only Smarty Jones Someday stable in front of him.

I think Gill is doing pretty well for himself.

Gill's Monmouth meet, after a very hot start, has not been so great lately.

I don't think Gill had anything to do with this breakup. I think Elliot wants more freedom.

cj
07-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Gill is doing well as a sportsman, but financially, he is losing a bundle. He admits it, I'm not just talking off the top of my head.

Valuist
07-13-2004, 03:55 PM
Frank Calabrese, the leading owner at AP and Haw almost every meet said his racing operation lost $2 million in 2003. Of course this is a guy who'll claim for $20000 then drop to $10000 just so he can get a win. I think Gill and Calabrese might be better off cutting back the quantity to improve their quality.

Dancer's Image
07-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Now today, the link works for me....go figure!!!!

CryingForTheHorses
07-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Yes he is doing VERY well....BUT..you can ALWAYS do better.
Also maybe is a good thing for Stewie..He rides many horses and Gill claims a lot,Doesnt make for a good situataion for either jock or owner.