PDA

View Full Version : Trainer of the Year?

NY BRED
08-21-2016, 07:08 AM
While Chad Brown would appear to be a lock based on starts/wins,
how about Art Sherman winning on an international basis
with the wealthiest TBred in the world?

:eek:

OTM Al
08-21-2016, 07:45 AM
While Chad Brown would appear to be a lock based on starts/wins,
how about Art Sherman winning on an international basis
with the wealthiest TBred in the world?

:eek:
Simply put, no.

classhandicapper
08-21-2016, 03:27 PM
Chad Brown had an incredible year last year. He was overshadowed by Baffert having a Triple Crown winner, but he had a monstrous year with a lot of horses.

OTM Al
08-21-2016, 05:44 PM
Chad Brown had an incredible year last year. He was overshadowed by Baffert having a Triple Crown winner, but he had a monstrous year with a lot of horses.
Should have won it last year, will win it this year

classhandicapper
08-21-2016, 06:31 PM
Should have won it last year, will win it this year

I voted for him for last year. I fully understood why Baffert won. I expected him to win it. He probably deserved it. But when I looked at the data carefully, I felt Brown had an incredible year with a LOT of horses and won a lot of big races with a huge strike %. I came away trying to weigh a great training achievement winning a Triple Crown with a great horse vs. a better overall year with a lot more horses. I went with the latter, maybe because I knew my vote wouldn't matter. No issue with Baffert winning it, but Brown had a magnificent year too.

OTM Al
08-21-2016, 06:46 PM
I voted for him for last year. I fully understood why Baffert won. I expected him to win it. He probably deserved it. But when I looked at the data carefully, I felt Brown had an incredible year with a LOT of horses and won a lot of big races with a huge strike %. I came away trying to weigh a great training achievement winning a Triple Crown with a great horse vs. a better overall year with a lot more horses. I went with the latter, maybe because I knew my vote wouldn't matter. No issue with Baffert winning it, but Brown had a magnificent year too.
I don't think he did deserve it. If you can honestly tell me no other trainer could have done what he did with Pharoah, then I buy it, but otherwise no. Especially in light of all the horses that dropped dead in his barn not so long before, which everyone conveniently forgot about when he got flavor of the week status.

Fager Fan
08-21-2016, 08:53 PM
Its a shame it's hardly more than a numbers game.