PDA

View Full Version : Brisnet charts missing

cnollfan
08-20-2016, 09:17 AM
Random individual race charts have been missing on Brisnet. Yesterday for instance, (Friday 8/19/16) the 9th and 10th race at Saratoga are missing. This problem has been happening with various races and tracks for several days now. I know the charts are available on Equibase, but they use a font that is difficult for me to read.

I have contacted Brisnet and they say they are aware of the problem and are working on it. I don't know what else to do. It is becoming a major annoyance. Any suggestions?

PhantomOnTour
08-20-2016, 09:21 AM
I've noticed this also

levinmpa
08-20-2016, 09:27 AM
I have seen this occassionally in the past, but they usually correct it after a couple of day. DRF.com has PDF charts too. The only thing I don't like about the DRF charts is they don't show the runner's program number like the BRIS charts show.

Tom
08-20-2016, 10:05 AM
And they aren't free.

levinmpa
08-20-2016, 10:11 AM
And they aren't free.

Are you saying the DRF charts aren't free? I logged on earlier to check the 8/19 Saratoga chart. I don't have any payment info saved on the DRF site since I've never purchased anything from them. I was able to view every chart I clicked on without being prompted for payment info. It seems they are free.

upthecreek
08-20-2016, 10:42 AM
And they aren't free.

They're free You just need to be a registered member

AltonKelsey
08-21-2016, 11:11 PM
I've noticed some missing RESULTS on brisnet (race ignored) for a couple of days recently.

How does that happen and more importantly, how does it not get fixed a week later?

Tom
08-22-2016, 09:31 AM
They're free You just need to be a registered member

I am, and I thought they were part of Simulcast Daily?

2low
08-23-2016, 05:19 PM
Their chart files have been very spotty lately. Even after an email exchange, the EMD chart from 8/19 still has only the first four races. Not expensive as a one-off, but not free either. Very frustrating.

Any other good options?

Steve 'StatMan'
08-23-2016, 09:26 PM
I am, and I thought they were part of Simulcast Daily?

Archived DRF Charts are Sim Daily. Last week of charts starts for free (likely if DRF member.)

EJXD2
08-24-2016, 08:53 AM
Hi, everyone,
Thanks for the post. As a XRD user I've noticed this in spots as well but have not noticed it with the charts. I am pressing for an answer on why this is happening and then will work on a solution.

EdD

cnollfan
08-25-2016, 11:28 PM
They don't respond to my complaints any more either. Highly annoying. It's not like we're talking about some obscure thing -- these are the race results, the life blood of the sport.

I am resigned to using Equibase and DRF to fill in the blanks. The Equibase font is very difficult for me to read and their charts don't include the horses' ages, which is key data for me. DRF's font is slightly better but their charts don't include program numbers.

JustRalph
08-25-2016, 11:31 PM
Several missing tonight

BCOURTNEY
08-26-2016, 12:42 AM
This is what happens when you outsource and offshore programming and technical work.

cnollfan
08-26-2016, 09:08 AM
This is what happens when you outsource and offshore programming and technical work.

Is customer service outsourced too? It would be nice to get an update on an ETA fix.

BCOURTNEY
08-26-2016, 01:16 PM
Is customer service outsourced too? It would be nice to get an update on an ETA fix.

Usually they outsource it all as one package I have found. The better companies bring it back after the customers lose their minds. First we will need to overcome the concept that not getting all the racing information is not ok and explain that to the accounting department. Welcome to the new America.

xinyi
08-26-2016, 02:36 PM
So are all the complainers cracking those protected PDF
results charts and pulling the data? Must be the case, as why would it matter otherwise. Cracked one, crack another.

cj
08-26-2016, 02:54 PM
So are all the complainers cracking those protected PDF
results charts and pulling the data? Must be the case, as why would it matter otherwise. Cracked one, crack another.

???

What are you talking about? Maybe they just want to see the charts in a style and place they have been accustomed to seeing them for years.

xinyi
08-26-2016, 05:22 PM
???

What are you talking about? Maybe they just want to see the charts in a style and place they have been accustomed to seeing them for years.

Sounds like more than just a leisure thing to me. If I'm skimming through the charts, who cares if a race is missing every so often. If I'm using the data, a missing race is a big thing.

cj
08-26-2016, 05:37 PM
Sounds like more than just a leisure thing to me. If I'm skimming through the charts, who cares if a race is missing every so often. If I'm using the data, a missing race is a big thing.

I doubt it, but I could be wrong. I don't think lots of people are parsing PDFs.

BCOURTNEY
08-26-2016, 08:00 PM

Entertain a single thought to the exclusion of others, this must be one of those millennial things I hear so much about.

xinyi
08-26-2016, 08:25 PM
Entertain a single thought to the exclusion of others, this must be one of those millennial things I hear so much about. Exactly. If I'm browsing a site for results and a race is missing, rather than just going to another site, I complain about it repeatedly on a forum and contact customer service enough times so they stop resonding.

All this because I don't like the font on the other site. Mucho ado about nothing

BCOURTNEY
08-26-2016, 08:46 PM
Exactly. If I'm browsing a site for results and a race is missing, rather than just going to another site, I complain about it, repeatedly on a forum and contact customer service enough times so they stop resonding.

All this because I don't like the font on the other site. Mucho ado about nothing

Exactly you really bossed this down after your initial theft accusations fell apart, but at least we got past the accusations of cracking of the PDF's like so many eggs. :lol:

takeout
08-27-2016, 01:13 AM
This is looking like a real train wreck. I first noticed it back on the 13th and thought it was just my local track. Some dates are already off the page now at the site and of course have never been fixed (made whole).
The bigger picture: Betcha a "fat man" that all of these charts remain missing from the stuff you have to pay for in the archives.