PDA

View Full Version : Starter and gate crew at Saratoga have been

Big Peps
08-19-2016, 10:18 AM
Absolutely terrible, yesterday was a joke. They almost got Rosario killed in the 10th he wasn't even on the horse when they opened the gate.. Court dancer didn't miss the break in the 9th the gate attendant had her by the bridle when the gate opened.. You can hear all the chatter, Santana was yelling, no,no,no, no!!! Just atrocious.

EMD4ME
08-19-2016, 10:24 AM
Absolutely terrible, yesterday was a joke. They almost got Rosario killed in the 10th he wasn't even on the horse when they opened the gate.. Court dancer didn't miss the break in the 9th the gate attendant had her by the bridle when the gate opened.. You can hear all the chatter, Santana was yelling, no,no,no, no!!! Just atrocious.

Agreed 100%

But never fret, I am sure the powers to be will take action swiftly and we will never see this again !

Big Peps
08-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Agreed 100%

But never fret, I am sure the powers to be will take action swiftly and we will never see this again !

Yeah just when you think it can't get any worse after the 9th yesterday they close the day with the beauty in the 10th

bello
08-19-2016, 10:46 AM
From the official chart

" Cocked her head at the start, perhaps a second or so before the sextet was sprung"

That is more editorializing than one typically see in the charts.

EMD4ME
08-19-2016, 10:47 AM
I wasn't too happy with the numbskull holding the 7 in race 4 either.

He didn't look balanced properly in the gate. Held and lifted the horse's head at the start.

Of course, the horse broke 3 lengths slow and lost by a nose.

You would think that at the SPA, you would have the best of the best out there.

Pathetic.

EMD4ME
08-19-2016, 10:49 AM
From the official chart

" Cocked her head at the start, perhaps a second or so before the sextet was sprung"

Poor Rosario was visibly leaning with most of his body weight on the left side of the gate.

He seriously could've been hurt bad.

That starter should be fired, suspended or demoted immediately.

outofthebox
08-19-2016, 10:55 AM
Horrible communication between starter and asst. in the last. I know it happens that in a split second things can happen. But with this being the #1 horse visibly being without the jockey right next to the starter, inexcusable.

biggestal99
08-19-2016, 11:07 AM
They should do as they do in Europe. No assistant starters holding onto horses before the start.

Allan

Big Peps
08-19-2016, 11:22 AM
Poor Rosario was visibly leaning with most of his body weight on the left side of the gate.

He seriously could've been hurt bad.

That starter should be fired, suspended or demoted immediately.

Thought the same... Santana's horse was held in the 4th as well, he was on the phone with stewards after both the 4th and the 9th..was not happy

Big Peps
08-19-2016, 11:24 AM
From the official chart

Should say "held by starter almost ripped her face off"

burnsy
08-19-2016, 12:52 PM
I wasn't too happy with the numbskull holding the 7 in race 4 either.

He didn't look balanced properly in the gate. Held and lifted the horse's head at the start.

Of course, the horse broke 3 lengths slow and lost by a nose.

You would think that at the SPA, you would have the best of the best out there.

Pathetic.

That cost me pretty good yesterday. The :7: horse was lengths better than anyone in that race. The incident in the 9th helped the winner out. Then the 10th was a total debacle. This is something I've complained about before. Some things never change.