PDA

View Full Version : great owner quitting the game

lamboguy
08-18-2016, 10:41 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/214348/conquest-stables-plans-full-dispersal?source=rss

StormAgain
08-18-2016, 10:51 PM
Very sad to see them go. They were very active on twitter engaging fans.

Cashed a couple tickets at Keeneland with them.

Best of luck

Dahoss9698
08-18-2016, 11:24 PM
They spent A LOT of money and my guess is they lost A LOT of money. They had some winners but you don't spend like they did for 7 Breeders Cup starters. You want 7 Breeders Cup winners

Nitro
08-18-2016, 11:48 PM
They spent A LOT of money and my guess is they lost A LOT of money. They had some winners but you don't spend like they did for 7 Breeders Cup starters. You want 7 Breeders Cup winners
Perhaps you ought to re-read that article. In spite of Conquest Stables very commendable Win and In-the-Money percentages, I think most owners/breeders would probably agree that the return on their investments is not made on the race track but in the breeding shed. As far as their dispersal goes it looks like they're in pretty good shape with the quality of the stock they own.

lamboguy
08-19-2016, 02:46 AM
i haven't got any idea if these guys were profitable or not, but it was a lot of fun watching them get better and better every year. they seemed to have had a plan for everything and tried to live up to their expectations. this year all the 2 year olds that trained in Keenland had troubles coming out of the gate, they seemed to correct them and their horses were going in a forward direction. the horses they have are always in the right spots and usually put on a great effort.

loosing real good owners like these guys is a big deal and they will surely be more than missed in this sport. i am very sorry to see them leave and can only hope they come back on a brighter day.

chadk66
08-19-2016, 08:40 AM
this certainly doesn't help racing. what line of work was he involved in?

jballscalls
08-19-2016, 08:57 AM
this certainly doesn't help racing. what line of work was he involved in?

according to sports illustrated "venture capitalist, futures trader, and owner of porsche and audi dealereships"

biggestal99
08-19-2016, 10:05 AM
loosing real good owners like these guys is a big deal and they will surely be more than missed in this sport. i am very sorry to see them leave and can only hope they come back on a brighter day.

losing owners like this.

It was a fly by night outfit.

who didn't care about their horses

just profits.

we need owners who just don't care about profits but care about the horses they own more than the bottom line.

Allan

Big Peps
08-19-2016, 10:15 AM
losing owners like this.

It was a fly by night outfit.

who didn't care about their horses

just profits.

we need owners who just don't care about profits but care about the horses they own more than the bottom line.

Allan

Really? Interesting, and you know this how? Are you an owner? Do you have evidence of them mistreating horses? Or are you like many here considering big drops in class mistreatment of horses?

Dahoss9698
08-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Perhaps you ought to re-read that article. In spite of Conquest Stables very commendable Win and In-the-Money percentages, I think most owners/breeders would probably agree that the return on their investments is not made on the race track but in the breeding shed. As far as their dispersal goes it looks like they're in pretty good shape with the quality of the stock they own.
Theyve been "dispersing" horses at least the last 2 years. Buying them for 400 thousand, racing them for a year with little success and then selling for pennies on the dollar. The ones they've kept have been okay but I find it difficult to call it a success.

While I understand your point, if they were having success in the breeding shed, they would not be getting out. Businessmen don't walk away from a successful business for no reason.

cj
08-19-2016, 12:44 PM
Theyve been "dispersing" horses at least the last 2 years. Buying them for 400 thousand, racing them for a year with little success and then selling for pennies on the dollar. The ones they've kept have been okay but I find it difficult to call it a success.

While I understand your point, if they were having success in the breeding shed, they would not be getting out. Businessmen don't walk away from a successful business for no reason.

I would guess this is very accurate. They have so many horses they have paid big money for and in proper perspective, haven't really had that much success. They haven't had a "home run" type horse that I can remember.

JustRalph
08-19-2016, 02:36 PM
Same ole song and dance then.....

If you want to earn a fortune.........

cj
08-19-2016, 02:39 PM
Same ole song and dance then.....

If you want to earn a fortune.........

"earn a small fortune?"

JustRalph
08-19-2016, 02:57 PM
"earn a small fortune?"

Right👍

SuperPickle
08-19-2016, 04:49 PM

Here's the million dollar question. The Conquest horses were probably the largest part of Casse's Woodbine string. He currently he operates 4 strings... Saratoga, FL, Kentucky and Woodbine.

Could Casse leave Woodbine?

SoCalCircuit
08-19-2016, 07:50 PM
Race 8 at woodbine today presents some decent irony.

Donttellmeshowme
08-19-2016, 08:04 PM
Race 8 at woodbine today presents some decent irony.

Please explain

Dahoss9698
08-20-2016, 12:42 AM
Please explain
Not trying to be rude but if you took the minute it takes to look at the results of the 8th at Woodbine on Friday it'd be obvious

Nitro
08-20-2016, 01:06 AM

Well you’ve hit the key word on the head: “success”. The article really doesn’t quantify that at all.
As far as getting out of the business goes it does mention “for personal reasons” twice. So I guess that could mean anything related to the owner himself, like health issues due to stress or even his disenchantment with his experiences in this type of business. You have to give him some credit though for at least giving it a good shot.

Donttellmeshowme
08-20-2016, 08:27 AM
Not trying to be rude but if you took the minute it takes to look at the results of the 8th at Woodbine on Friday it'd be obvious

If i would of looked at the results i wouldnt of asked. Thats why i asked because i wasnt going look at the results but thanks for caring.

StormAgain
08-20-2016, 08:48 AM
1st: :3: Conquest See Ya

Dahoss9698
08-20-2016, 09:33 AM
If i would of looked at the results i wouldnt of asked. Thats why i asked because i wasnt going look at the results but thanks for caring.
I know why you asked. You need everything spoon fed to you. I was trying to make you more independent.

You're welcome.

Dahoss9698
08-20-2016, 09:36 AM
Well you’ve hit the key word on the head: “success”. The article really doesn’t quantify that at all.
As far as getting out of the business goes it does mention “for personal reasons” twice. So I guess that could mean anything related to the owner himself, like health issues due to stress or even his disenchantment with his experiences in this type of business. You have to give him some credit though for at least giving it a good shot.
They gave it an incredible shot. My whole point was I'm not sure they had a fair shake. I hope this doesn't discourage more owners.

It's a system set up to make pinhookers, trainers and "agents" a lot of money while their clients spend, spend, spend. Very unfortunate